r7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM [EMUI Style] - Honor 7 PLK-L01

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Lennyuk
4 hours ago, leeacashman said:

Hi Paul,

I've just attempted to install the ROM. I'm coming from Android 6.0 with the 330 build so all good there I think! 

The phone has restarted, shown the animated 'Honor' logo, and is now just showing the white Honor logo on the black background. It's been like this for approximately 15 minutes. I know you mentioned first boot can take a while - is this normal mate?

Cheers,

Lee

Well by now your post is 4 hours old so hopefully something happened.

The phone can take around 20-25 minutes on first boot, any longer than that and something might be wrong, but it should all work fine so long as you were on a 330 rom to start with, which you say you were.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest PaulOBrien

MoDaCo Custom ROM r5 is now online in the first post!

New in this release...

• Updated all apps
  • Further size and performance optimisations
  • Spectrum MCR theme now included by default - no more icon replacements!
  • MoDaCo Custom Kernel (MCK r2) is now included. Updated to 3.10.101 with ikconfig-pulled stock config
  • Install script now uses rm for improved flash speed
  • Removed unneeded ISO contents (will add new content in future release)
  • Removed preloaded pics (space saving for future features, such as ADB binaries and drivers in the ISO)
  • Corrected several ROM typos
  • Touchplus changes (user request, untested)
  • Multiwindow changes (user request, untested)

Starting with this release, the ROM is now completely in version control - https://gitlab.com/paulobrien/android_mcr_honor_7/commits/mcr - so you can exactly what's changed in each release (or use the changes in your own ROM!)

This version of the ROM remains deodexed for increased hackability, we will move to a 'hybrid' odex/deodex model in the future. This means a long first boot time, so please be patient.

If you are running an odexed ROM, you need to check your logcat for 'dex2oat' errors - I've seen a LOT of these occuring on the Honor 7, which can affect system performance considerably.

Enjoy the ROM! :)

P

Guest Freebob

A BETA version of the new MoDaCo ROM kitchen is now available for this ROM.

Points to note:

• The kitchen is currently in Beta testing, ensure you have a backup before applying the ROM.

• The kitchen is currently running on our test servers - ROMs may take several minutes to be baked for downloading. We are targetting 30 second bake times ultimately.

• The selection saving and custom zip uploads are currently not operational - these will return in a forthcoming build.

Enjoy! :)

Visit the ROM kitchen.

Hello Paul,

I have two questions:

Is kitchen is available for R6?

Could you add in your next build viper please.

Thanks.

Guest PaulOBrien
Hello Paul,

I have two questions:

Is kitchen is available for R6?

Could you add in your next build viper please.

Thanks.

Kitchen not updated just yet!

P

Guest PaulOBrien
It works, but doesn't show any themes, only what I downloaded before.

I've not changed anything in that regard, wonder if the service is just down?

P

Guest leeacashman
On 5/6/2016 at 2:21 PM, Lennyuk said:

Well by now your post is 4 hours old so hopefully something happened.

The phone can take around 20-25 minutes on first boot, any longer than that and something might be wrong, but it should all work fine so long as you were on a 330 rom to start with, which you say you were.

Sorry for the delayed response chaps! The phone updated absolutely fine after about 25 minutes. Since then it's been a pleasure to use!! Thanks for all your work Paul.

Right... now to try R6! Onwards and upwards.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Utkarsh2780

Sorry Guys... just a question has this improved the battery comsumption on the Honor 7. Since I have updated my device to Android 6 the battery consumption has increased & get drained out much faster.

Cheers,

Utkarsh

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Bouncer5

Does anyone know why Im still stuck with the annoying icon backgrounds? Its only on 3 apps however which is strange.

I've done a full wipe and reinstall even reapplying the theme but still can't get rid of the background on those 3 apps

ClkNBf2WIAAaPBe.jpg

Guest PaulOBrien

Update!

Changelog

r7

• Updated to latest release (B370)
  • Updated to bring ROM in line with other Honor devices, as part of unified ROM project.
  • Preparation for 'stock style' release
  • Application updates

Guest pillock

Hi Paul,

I'm trying to download r7 but I'm getting an error of the CAPTCHA thing and it won't download

Edit - did it off a computer instead of my phone and it works, downloading now.

Edited by pillock

Guest leeacashman

Hi Paul,

I've installed r7 absolutely fine but seem to have an issue with the multi-user option.

I've set up an additional user, but the keyboard doesn't appear when I enter a text field (for instance, when I try to set up or add a Google Play account). Is this something I've done wrong or has the keyboard app been missed off the multi-user setup? I've tried deleting the extra account and setting it up again but same issue. Cheers.

Lee

Guest leeacashman

I'm guessing the Google keyboard app was missed off the build. I've downloaded the .apk file, and manually installed as a workaround. Seems fine now! Cheers Paul.

Guest PaulOBrien
I'm guessing the Google keyboard app was missed off the build. I've downloaded the .apk file, and manually installed as a workaround. Seems fine now! Cheers Paul.

Weird, the same stock apps should be in the secondary user as the main, so that shouldn't happen!

P

Guest leeacashman

Paul - quick question mate. Is there any way for the additional users not to see the root? I was hoping to have my main 'rooted' account, and then another account with everything standard (mainly so Sky Go will finally work!!) Can't get any of the 'hide my root' apps on the playstore to do the job. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steffg

Hi Paul, at first congratulations for the fantastic Rom. 

To my question: Is ist possible to install the r7 (B370) direct over the r6 (B330) or must i do an unroot, full wipe, install original B370 and then the r7 ???

Thanks and regards from Germany.

Guest leeacashman
On 21/07/2016 at 0:30 PM, steffg said:

Hi Paul, at first congratulations for the fantastic Rom. 

To my question: Is ist possible to install the r7 (B370) direct over the r6 (B330) or must i do an unroot, full wipe, install original B370 and then the r7 ???

Thanks and regards from Germany.

Hi Steffg,

I don't know what Paul's official line on this is - but I did exactly what you're planning to do! Just downloaded the ROM and flashed it straight over the top of R6. Didn't have any problems at all doing it that way. Hope that helps.

Lee