Snapchat: App or Phone?

Guest VKprem

Guest VKprem

Just switched over to this device and I was putting on all my basic apps. I came to realize however that snapchat doesn't seem to agree with this phone. Taking a photo is fine and the camera is clearly working, but when I take a "snap" it initially looks like the photo was taken like normal but when the preview "swipe for filters" shows up it comes out as a pitch black photo. Videos however are working without a problem. I don't know if it's the app itself because snapchat was working fine with my previous phones. I wouldn't think it as anything to with the camera since other camera based apps work fine, but i'm no expert so I could be wrong. Also I did all the recommended snapchat support options (uninstall and reinstall, soft reset phone, clear cache) and none of that seems to fix it. So does this have something to to do with the Smart Ultra 6 itself? Is anyone else using snapchat with the SU6 have this problem?

Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks. 

UPDATE: I installed a previous version of Snapchat 9.27.6.0 (Latest version is 9.28.1.0) and that seemed to "fix" the problem. It's apparent that it was a problem on snapchats end. 

Edited by VKprem
Update

Guest LI IWI A R

I had the same problem i dont think its to do with snapchat itself it could be something to do with the stock firmware. The fix i found was to install the Resurrection remix rom and you will find that snapchat works flawlessly without any crash or lag. It also speeds up your device compared to stock. Hope it helped Thanks