zte kis 3 custom rom

Guest obliterate

Guest obliterate

Hi, ive seen so many tutorials to make custom rom for many phones and you need deodexed rom. I have stock rooted rom, but i dont know how to pull the rom to pc and deodex it. I just cant find deodexed rom for zte kis 3. Any help is appriciated

Guest KonstaT

So you're looking to modify a stock ROM? I don't understand why you need to pull anything. There's full firmware packages available at ZTE support site (see stock ROMs thread). Remove bootloader/modem firmware files from those packages and make corresponding modifications to updater-script. 'Winzip' your modifications and you'll have a custom recovery flashable stock (based) ROM.

Deodexing KitKat ROMs was still simple before ART introduced in Lollipop made it slightly more challenging. IIRC even dsixda kitchen can deodex KitKat ROMs (though I have written my own tools for that).

Guest obliterate

But in stock firmwares there isnt for mtel bosnia and herzegovina. Also, i didnt quite understand you, its my first time im interested in android development... Also, i then wanted to make my own cm12.1 build with bunch of tweaks for people with performance issues and remove some system apps like that crappy file manager and replace it with better one, and do on... I know how to fo that, but how did you create the "tab" in about phone where it says konstaking like my work? Donate here 

Guest KonstaT

There's build instructions in the third post of the CM12.1 thread.

If you have actual 'fixes', I'd prefer you send a pull request to my github.

Guest obliterate

Not rlly fixes, but rather tweaks... But how do yoi create those tabs or bars like cm version, build date and one you made for donations

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, obliterate said:

Bump

'Bring Up My Post' where?! It was already on top of the forum! What a tragedy, not even a full day and no one replied to you.

21 hours ago, obliterate said:

Not rlly fixes, but rather tweaks... But how do yoi create those tabs or bars like cm version, build date and one you made for donations

It's this thing called programming. Here's a source code for the CM settings app. Read and learn!
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_Settings