Back button has stopped working

Guest nutts4life

Guest nutts4life

Hey there,

Suddenly out of nowhere my back button has stopped working. I have done a soft reboot and cleared caches.

Has anybody had this issue? Any idea of a fix? I find it odd that it's a hardward issue, the home and app chooser buttons work fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

n4l 

Guest macbreakweeklyfan
On 4/29/2016 at 9:43 PM, popzoran said:

And model of phone?

Considering they've posted the issue in the "Vodafone Smart Ultra 6" sub-forum, I would have thought that was self-evident.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ezzaman

This has happened to mine too. It also starts activating the back button itself too, a few times on a row. Really annoying when you are trying to do anything. Some of my Screen has dead spots sometimes too - this started with the 'c' area of the keyboard when vertical, then now it's on the w, s and x and the c is ok again! When I downloaded an app touch screen test, the whole screen bar the back button, worked ok!

It's weird! I've ended up deleting most of the vodafone start stuff off it and load of other rubbish to see if that made a difference but it's not fixed the back button. Other people have reported this too. I've got approx 50% of the phone storage now as I've moved a load to the SD card.

I did a soft reset which lost a few of my settings, but this didn't fix the back button. the other dead spots still intermittently appear - I think the back button is also intermittently working, but more often not working.

I've had the phone 7 months, and it started happening a couple of weeks ago.

What is going on!!!! a hard reset might do it, but I'm really loathe to have to do that!!!

Others have also reported this behaviour, but vodafone have said take it back to store 

https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Vodafone-Devices/Vodafone-smart-ultra-6-ghost-touch-on-back-button/td-p/186485

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Other-manufacturers-OS/Several-issues-with-new-Vodafone-ultra-6-help/td-p/2415790

Edited by Ezzaman

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

I see all these "experts" on Vodafone's forums (everyone online thinks they're an "expert", LOL) manage to have draw a bizarre correlation between capacitive touch sensors and NAND flash storage. One or two people online make mention of brimming full storage causing SOME issues with devices, and suddenly that is the "golden bullet" answer to parrot to people having ANY problem. Wow, I am glad these people aren't engineers, they would FAIL their exams.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone got an answer? Currently battling the back button to read and post this as we speak , it's a nightmare

Take it back to Vodafone, I've met 3 people with the same problem and it had the same and similar problems, touch buttons not working and marks on the touchscreen.

It seems "some" ultra 6 devices are defective, I bought mine 6 months ago but it's only a matter of time if the same happens to me.

Regardless, take it back to Vodafone along with your proof of purchase, they'll replace it for you... If it's still under warranty.