Hudl2 FW Update fail.

Guest badge37

Guest badge37

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could help me out please.  I bought a 2nd hand hudl2 with a broken screen and fixed the screen.  When it boots up I get this error that I've attached.  It say 'ME FW Update Failed, please try again!'.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please on how to resolve this please.

Thanks.

hudl2.jpg

Guest badge37

Hi,

Is anyone able to help me out?  Point me in the right direction - im at a loss here.

Is this the update loop that I keep reading about?

Thanks.

Guest badge37

Thanks for the reply CaptainMidnight.  Good to know I can rule out the update loop.

Can anyone else shed any other ideas that I could look at please?

Guest AV2012

Have you tried Googling this? I did and it appears to be a Windows Error message... My guess would be that someone clueless has tried to install Windows RT on the Hudl. Can you get to the boot loader with Power and Volume up from cold? 

If this doesn't work, then the cheapest option to get it working would be to replace the motherboard.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest badge37

Hi - thanks for the reply.  I did google it but could only find reference to the original hudl.

I'm sure I've got to the boot loader in the past.  I'm jsut charging it up and will try again.

What should I do when I get to the boot loader?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Guest AV2012

It looks like the person you bough it from Bricked it before breaking the screen. There's no boot-loader on it. The problem you are going to have is that it's in a locked state so even if you can get the correct Hudl 2 boot loader, you won't be able to flash it. The only viable option here is to replace the Motherboard. 

About £35 on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tesco-Hudl-2-Motherboard-original-part-/182148351821