[updated] Smart Ultra & Pro *7* are on the horizon

Guest macbreakweeklyfan

Guest BlueMoonRising
7 hours ago, anafernandes27 said:

Vodafone Portugal said they have plans to release marshmallow for ultra 6, but they don't have any dates yet (or they just don't want to tell us), so there's no need for that.

I've always had the feeling they would but some people would rather look on the negative side. Good news bud.

Guest BlueMoonRising
On 6/17/2016 at 5:52 PM, russy1982 said:

What is the big desire for mm anyway, ive never used it and its looks the same

I've used it on a Nexus 7 test platform at work and it is really smooth, very slick. You would notice the difference using it.

Guest russy1982
1 hour ago, BlueMoonRising said:

I've used it on a Nexus 7 test platform at work and it is really smooth, very slick. You would notice the difference using it.

Excellent, i cant wait, however i see no reason to bring the SU7 out with the specs they have stated, just dont make sense

Guest gitanillo87

Excellent, i cant wait, however i see no reason to bring the SU7 out with the specs they have stated, just dont make sense

I hope mm run on 64 bits kernel,makes more easy to port cm 13

Guest BlueMoonRising
2 hours ago, russy1982 said:

Turning that on it's head you could say it makes no sense to launch the SU7, so who knows what Vodafone's thinking is.

Guest hcardoso483

So it's out I've seen it and honestly I wouldn't get it it is the same has su6 with a faster CPU and mm but 2gigs of ram will make it another su6 so I think is best to wait until some one get to build a 64bit kernel for the su6 and then we'll update to the m or n by custom ROM so in my opinion it's a waste of money for those that are upgrading, but better yet is the platinium 7 this one worth the by even though I rather the original Alcatel One Touch Idol 4s

Guest Textman
On 27/05/2016 at 8:20 AM, BlueMoonRising said:

I can't see any release date but you can pre-order the Smart Ultra 7 at ₺899 (£209 rounded up), the normal price is listed as ₺1099 (£255 rounded up), no price for the Pro version (whatever that may be). All phones get replaced but these are aimed at a higher price bracket so they're not a direct replacement, more an augmentation of their product line.

I can't decide if they're good news or bad news as regards Marshmallow for ours, I suppose a convincing argument could be made either way.

Considering the Smart Ultra 6 is a budget phone, I doubt they're going to give up on us. I sure hope not.

Guest BlueMoonRising
Guest macbreakweeklyfan
Guest Textman

What I don't understand is what the use of Ultra 7 is? It's got 4 slightly faster cores with 0.4 more Ghz, and a more battery draining chipset and gpu.

The only upgrade is basically 6.0.

Guest russy1982
1 hour ago, Textman said:

What I don't understand is what the use of Ultra 7 is? It's got 4 slightly faster cores with 0.4 more Ghz, and a more battery draining chipset and gpu.

The only upgrade is basically 6.0.

Exactly..theres no real point in the phone