KonstaT

[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

79 posts in this topic

At this point, I don't know what to do to unlock my device again. I think I messed up and shouldn't have relocked it without thinking about it.

Any idea how I could unlock the bootloader without passing through Android developer settings? :-/

EDIT: I used fastboot flash recovery to restore TWRP. Then I installed cyanogenmod via TWRP. Now I can boot and access developer settings! Will update with more details.

EDIT2: Unlocked via dev options & fastboot oem unlock. Now back to restoring the stock rom!

EDIT3: Got the stock Android back on it without locking it after. Now I've got to figure out how to restore windows. I have a few ideas to try out.

Edited by tomshreds
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tomshreds said:

At this point, I don't know what to do to unlock my device again. I think I messed up and shouldn't have relocked it without thinking about it.

Any idea how I could unlock the bootloader without passing through Android developer settings? :-/

EDIT: I used fastboot flash recovery to restore TWRP. Then I installed cyanogenmod via TWRP. Now I can boot and access developer settings! Will update with more details.

EDIT2: Unlocked via dev options & fastboot oem unlock. Now back to restoring the stock rom!

EDIT3: Got the stock Android back on it without locking it after. Now I've got to figure out how to restore windows. I have a few ideas to try out.

Because you want to sell it or? If so, I think you should sell it with stock Android (or CM 12.1 or Remix OS flashed). I can hardly think of any use of Windows on this tablet tbh and especially not for the average consumer. Sure it looks great to have "dual OS", but let's be real :) 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

Because you want to sell it or? If so, I think you should sell it with stock Android (or CM 12.1 or Remix OS flashed). I can hardly think of any use of Windows on this tablet tbh and especially not for the average consumer. Sure it looks great to have "dual OS", but let's be real :) 

Yeah I will probably sell it so I'm trying to restore it as close to stock as possible. But leaving only Android on it seems like the way to go because like you said, using windows on it is almost impossible :P I guess I'll leave it with the stock Android. It's almost a service for the one who will get it (not having windows on it) hahahaha

Thanks for the two cents as always! :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tomshreds said:

Yeah I will probably sell it so I'm trying to restore it as close to stock as possible. But leaving only Android on it seems like the way to go because like you said, using windows on it is almost impossible :P I guess I'll leave it with the stock Android. It's almost a service for the one who will get it (not having windows on it) hahahaha

Thanks for the two cents as always! :)

I would sell it with Cyanogenmod 12.1 on it. That's doing the buyer a solid favour :D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

Thanks for your great work. I'm using an iWork 8 air(i1-TF). However it seems the corresponding TWRP img and zip don't work. When I tried to enter the recovery, it just stuck at a black screen. Finally I found the i1-TD version works for my tablet( the i1 version works too but with a touching screen problem). I wonder if the img is damaged or the Cube changed their hardware...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2016 at 5:16 AM, wuud said:

Hi!

Thanks for your great work. I'm using an iWork 8 air(i1-TF). However it seems the corresponding TWRP img and zip don't work. When I tried to enter the recovery, it just stuck at a black screen. Finally I found the i1-TD version works for my tablet( the i1 version works too but with a touching screen problem). I wonder if the img is damaged or the Cube changed their hardware...

It's very possible that there's another batch of iWork8 Air (there's at least four batches of iWork8 Ultimate with slightly different hardware). What stock firmware version was your device shipped with?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26.12.2016 at 0:55 PM, KonstaT said:

It's very possible that there's another batch of iWork8 Air (there's at least four batches of iWork8 Ultimate with slightly different hardware). What stock firmware version was your device shipped with?

Hi. Just got Cube iwork8 AIR. From i1-TF not TWRP not patch not suitable. Came from I1-TWB. While running tach. 12-13 CWM installed, but have problems with touch, he seems to be biased. That is not to come up at the language selection. Android I1-TF_V1.0_20161108. The worst thing is that I formatted my tablet and now I can't find the native Android. From the old version i1-TF he is, but not everything works, for example Wi-Fi. Asked colleagues in the forum to make a backup of the partition using TWRP. Wait.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everybody, just received my iwork8 air, and I've found that is one of these that works with the i1-td recovery. My question is: which dm-verify disabler I have to flash, the tf or the td? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arioch79 said:

Hi everybody, just received my iwork8 air, and I've found that is one of these that works with the i1-td recovery. My question is: which dm-verify disabler I have to flash, the tf or the td? 

None if your stock firmware version is something other than what is listed in the dm-verity/root thread.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used the tf one and everything went fine. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi!

I confim what wuud said. I received my iWork 8 Air this morning.

The stock firmware is I1-TF_V1.0_20161108, and the TWRP for TF leads to a black screen.

TD seems to be ok, but I will wait before going further.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, arioch79 said:

I used the tf one and everything went fine. 

Well, that's just so wrong...

3 hours ago, loyd888888 said:

Hi!

I confim what wuud said. I received my iWork 8 Air this morning.

The stock firmware is I1-TF_V1.0_20161108, and the TWRP for TF leads to a black screen.

TD seems to be ok, but I will wait before going further.

Is I1-TF_V1.0_20161108 firmware available for downloads somewhere? Or can someone upload boot&system files from TWRP backup? I could make proper patches for that build after that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 1/2/2017 at 8:10 PM, loyd888888 said:

Eh, MoDaCo ate my posts day before yesterday.

I've added dm-verity patch to relevant thread and stock recovery to the OP. I can't see why the TWRP wouldn't work so just use whatever recovery works for you.

Edit. I've now added I1-TF-20161108 TWRP, stock recovery, dm-verity patch, navbar mod, CM12.1/CM13/Remix OS patches to my wonderful new site.

http://konstakang.com/devices/cube_iwork8ultimate/

Edited by KonstaT
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ciao everybody,

thanks for all your info.

I had a big problem on a Iwork8 I1-TD of my son. A problem with original battery (now replaced) has corrupted almost everything so I don't have original Android and original Windows10 anymore. I used your great info for installing Remix OS, but I don't know how to reinstall win10. I tried with a procedure of techtablets.com but touchscrren and other things doesn't work...so please some of you have the image of win10 for I1-TD version?

I need also the right procedure to install it.

Thanks in advance

Ciao.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Ardunzino said:

Ciao everybody,

thanks for all your info.

I had a big problem on a Iwork8 I1-TD of my son. A problem with original battery (now replaced) has corrupted almost everything so I don't have original Android and original Windows10 anymore. I used your great info for installing Remix OS, but I don't know how to reinstall win10. I tried with a procedure of techtablets.com but touchscrren and other things doesn't work...so please some of you have the image of win10 for I1-TD version?

I need also the right procedure to install it.

Thanks in advance

Ciao.

Stock firmwares are available at Cube forum. I know it's nearly impossible to download anything from baidu. I don't know if anyone has mirrored the I1-TD firmware somewhere else.
http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-107572-1-1.html

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Mon Jan 23 2017 at 5:53 PM, KonstaT said:

Stock firmwares are available at Cube forum. I know it's nearly impossible to download anything from baidu. I don't know if anyone has mirrored the I1-TD firmware somewhere else.
http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-107572-1-1.html

Thanks for your answer...I can't open the link you wrote me...

Someone has mirrored the I1-TD firmware? I hope so...

Ciao

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Mon Jan 23 2017 at 5:53 PM, KonstaT said:

Stock firmwares are available at Cube forum. I know it's nearly impossible to download anything from baidu. I don't know if anyone has mirrored the I1-TD firmware somewhere else.
http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-107572-1-1.html

Thanks for your answer...I can't open the link you wrote me...

Someone has mirrored the I1-TD firmware? I hope so...

Ciao

On Tue Jan 24 2017 at 7:11 PM, Ardunzino said:

Thanks for your answer...I can't open the link you wrote me...

Someone has mirrored the I1-TD firmware? I hope so...

Ciao

Ciao,

I found a friend of mine having the Iwork8 I1-TD working, someone can explain me how create an image of win10 and install it to my cube tablet? Thanks

Sandro

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi

I got a gpt.bin file ,it will adjust the partition size between android and win10, like make android be 8g,win10 be 16g.

I have the file but I don’t know how to use it.

the only way to use this file seem that flash stock android rom form official android firmware and change the gpt.bin before.

but after changing the partition ,I want to flash cm12.1 right now! so I don’t want to recover stock android.

is there any way I can change the partition easily just use the gpt.bin

 

here is the gpt.bin link

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1o72fGyY

password: 2xr2

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I'm trying to install twrp on a TWB device (using the TFB version of twrp).

After installing the img file, I boot into the recovery in order to install the zip, but couldn't access the internal storage (no sdcard at the moment), so I performed a wipe and tried to reboot the recovery. 

Now the device is stuck in the Chinese-logo screen (after selecting OS). This happens for normal boot as well as for recovery (vol down in OS-selection screen).

Any ideas what can I do?

Thanks.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2017 at 9:56 AM, DrorAlumot said:

Hi,

I'm trying to install twrp on a TWB device (using the TFB version of twrp).

After installing the img file, I boot into the recovery in order to install the zip, but couldn't access the internal storage (no sdcard at the moment), so I performed a wipe and tried to reboot the recovery. 

Now the device is stuck in the Chinese-logo screen (after selecting OS). This happens for normal boot as well as for recovery (vol down in OS-selection screen).

Any ideas what can I do?

Thanks.

Did you disable dm-verity? You can boot to bootloader by pressing volume down key while powering on the device and fastboot boot/flash TWRP recovery image again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't disabled dm-verity.

I can't get into bootloader or startup the device in android (win10 works fine). It is just stuck on the chinese logo. I've waited more than 30 minutes.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DrorAlumot said:

I haven't disabled dm-verity.

I can't get into bootloader or startup the device in android (win10 works fine). It is just stuck on the chinese logo. I've waited more than 30 minutes.

On 5/31/2016 at 6:57 PM, KonstaT said:

You can also boot to bootloader by holding volume down button in dual boot menu and selecting to boot to Android.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same thing happens - after the dual boot menu (I keep vol down pressed), the tablet is stuck on the chinese logo screen.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DrorAlumot said:

The same thing happens - after the dual boot menu (I keep vol down pressed), the tablet is stuck on the chinese logo screen.

I find that hard to believe.

You can boot to DX loader by power + volume up + volume down key combination. You can boot from DX loader to Android bootloader with

fastboot boot loader.efi

where loader.efi is extracted from stock firmware package. You can also reflash everything with Intel Platform Flash Tool. Stock firmwares are available at Cube forum (http://bbs.51cube.com/thread-107572-1-1.html).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2016. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.