[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

Guest KonstaT

Guest DrorAlumot

Thanks, I can indeed enter DNX mode. I'll download the stock firmware later and try to boot the bootloader with the loader.efi file.
Once the bootloader is up, should I follow the steps to install twrp and continue from there?

Could you please elaborate on the option to reflash everything? Is there a guide somewhere?

Thanks very much!

Guest DrorAlumot

Also, if you could provide some assistance regarding how to download the stock firmware from the Chinese forum it would be great.

I have the TFB variant, is the TWB applicabe to it as well?

Again, thanks very much for all the help. Sorry for the hassle...

Guest DrorAlumot

Update: all is working.

From DNX mode, I entered twrp with the img file, and from there all was fine (flash twrp, disable dm-verity, flash cm12.1 + gapps).

Thanks for the support!

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, DrorAlumot said:

Update: all is working.

From DNX mode, I entered twrp with the img file, and from there all was fine (flash twrp, disable dm-verity, flash cm12.1 + gapps).

Thanks for the support!

Glad to hear you got it figured out. :)

• 2 months later...

hi 

i have the iwork8 ultimate with the dual boot.

something went wrong and both (the android and windows either) won't work. both of them are booting but not completle and its not booting into it - into the OS.

so i cant enter into the android for getting into developer mode  - so i cant install the TWRP.

what else can i do?

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, neil4 said:

hi 

i have the iwork8 ultimate with the dual boot.

something went wrong and both (the android and windows either) won't work. both of them are booting but not completle and its not booting into it - into the OS.

so i cant enter into the android for getting into developer mode  - so i cant install the TWRP.

what else can i do?

Flash stock firmware with Intel Platform Flash Tool and reinstall Windows. Stock firmware packages are available at Cube forum (eh, can't find you a link though as they've moved their board around). Here's also another method but use the right stock firmware for your variant (I1-T/I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC) of course.

It's practically impossible to 'brick' these Chinese Cherry Trail devices (unless you do a bad BIOS flash).

On 5/31/2016 at 6:57 PM, KonstaT said:

You can also boot to bootloader by holding volume down button in dual boot menu and selecting to boot to Android.

Plus there's still one method to boot to Android bootloader from DX loader.

Edited by KonstaT

On 10/13/2017 at 5:49 PM, KonstaT said:

Flash stock firmware with Intel Platform Flash Tool and reinstall Windows. Stock firmware packages are available at Cube forum (eh, can't find you a link though as they've moved their board around). Here's also another method but use the right stock firmware for your variant (I1-T/I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC) of course.

It's practically impossible to 'brick' these Chinese Cherry Trail devices (unless you do a bad BIOS flash).

Plus there's still one method to boot to Android bootloader from DX loader.

but the whole problem is that android wont go up so i cant enter into developer mode and enable debugging mode

so basicly i have no option to go into that :extract the BIOS folder to your C/: drive root. Inside the drive run (As admin) the flash.bat (Dual OS bios will flash) DON’T POWER OFF THE TABLET, let it finish or brick it!

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, neil4 said:

but the whole problem is that android wont go up so i cant enter into developer mode and enable debugging mode

so basicly i have no option to go into that :extract the BIOS folder to your C/: drive root. Inside the drive run (As admin) the flash.bat (Dual OS bios will flash) DON’T POWER OFF THE TABLET, let it finish or brick it!

Errm, what? You don't need to be able to boot to Android or enable anything to be able to boot to bootloader (just quoted how to do it with a key combination).

Most definitely don't go flashing BIOS! Why would you do that?

Edited by KonstaT

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest -danger-
On 5/31/2016 at 6:57 PM, KonstaT said:

This is my build of TWRP

Hello.

Can you make a patch and twrp for newly released version of Cube i1-TFD ?
What do you need for this?

e42f90824b81fdfc9564c2357a85634cacd498111042861127052d4c7827cd9b.png