[DEV][ROM][28.10.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

Guest KonstaT

Guest Cheftony20

Hi.

The ROM was working fine till now. Few secs after android starts it crashes and restart. I tried windows and works fine. Any idea or i should just  flash it again? By the way, where i can find the stock ROM?

Thanks.

Guest KonstaT
38 minutes ago, Cheftony20 said:

Hi.

The ROM was working fine till now. Few secs after android starts it crashes and restart. I tried windows and works fine. Any idea or i should just  flash it again? By the way, where i can find the stock ROM?

Thanks.

Logcat would tell exactly what's happening. It usually doesn't just stop booting if you didn't do something to modify system yourself. Sure, you can reflash or restore a working nandroid backup.

Stock firmwares are linked at least on cube forum. You need the right firmware for you model (I1-T/I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC). They're huge and nearly impossible to download from baidu. If you've followed installation instructions on the third post of this thread, you'll have nandroid backup of your stock ROM. It's always easiest just to restore that (+stock recoveries are available at TWRP thread if you want to restore stock recovery, too).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, Cheftony20 said:

Somehow it stopped and seems to be working again. Btw this tablet doesnt have  sound or its just mine?

Eh? Of course there's sound. What's the purpose of speaker grille, headphone jack and microphone otherwise? ;)

Guest Cheftony20

Well, mine doesnt have sound coming from the speaker. Sound only works using headphones :(

Have to test that on  win but it happened with stock too

Edited by Cheftony20

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Radicalx

hi! i have an iwork8 air and installed  cm-12.1.1-20160814-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cht_cr_mrd.zip and  cm-12.1-20160716-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TF.zip

was that ok because it doesn't show the correct model at system information and when i plug to pc?

also when check security at setting it always crashes and su binary doesn't update.

Edited by Radicalx

1 hour ago, Radicalx said:

hi! i have an iwork8 air and installed  cm-12.1.1-20160814-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cht_cr_mrd.zip and  cm-12.1-20160716-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TF.zip

was that ok because it doesn't show the correct model at system information and when i plug to pc?

also when check security at setting it always crashes and su binary doesn't update.

No! You're supposed to install cm-12.1.1-20160814-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cht_cr_mrd.zip and cm-12.1.1-20160814-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TF.zip on an iWork8 Air of course. cm-12.1-20160716-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TF.zip is for the previous build (cm-12.1-20160716-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cht_cr_mrd.zip)!

What model? What system information? Is that some Windows thing? I have no idea what you're talking about.

Can't reproduce anything crashing in Settings->Security. Follow installation instruction in the third post and post a logcat if the problem persists.

Update su binary how? Why would you do that? You're not even supposed to install SuperSU or anything like that or you'll just break CM's built in root management. Read FAQ, third post of this thread!

Guest Radicalx

OK I already done that and everything is OK. I just got confused at the beginning of the post and thought that the second patch was for another version of my tablet's display. So far the main problem I can find is that I doesn't have sound through HDMI and I can't find the settings of HDMI. 

*If someone has a twrp backup of the stock room of I iwork8 air please upload it for me. 

14 hours ago, Radicalx said:

OK I already done that and everything is OK. I just got confused at the beginning of the post and thought that the second patch was for another version of my tablet's display. So far the main problem I can find is that I doesn't have sound through HDMI and I can't find the settings of HDMI. 

*If someone has a twrp backup of the stock room of I iwork8 air please upload it for me. 

Does stock ROM have sound through HDMI?

There's bunch of intel multi display enhancements (wifi display, hdmi) I have no plan on porting over CyanogenMod. HDMI settings is not going to happen.

Guest Radicalx

I am pretty sure it has, but it doesn't matter. Thanks for the rom, it  saved me for now.

have you any idea how could i flash the stock rom safely (without having to flash everything incuding windows)? does this work: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-iwokr8-air-android-os-only-solution/  using  Intel® Platform Flash Tool Lite ?

Or is there an easy way to pack original rom https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxq8kREW1a4jZzRUbFc4YVJMMjg/view to a zip and flash it through TWRP?

3 hours ago, Radicalx said:

I am pretty sure it has, but it doesn't matter. Thanks for the rom, it  saved me for now.

have you any idea how could i flash the stock rom safely (without having to flash everything incuding windows)? does this work: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/cube-iwokr8-air-android-os-only-solution/  using  Intel® Platform Flash Tool Lite ?

Or is there an easy way to pack original rom https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxq8kREW1a4jZzRUbFc4YVJMMjg/view to a zip and flash it through TWRP?

Flashing Android with Intel Platform Flashtool will erase everything from the device including Windows. You'll need to reinstall Windows after that (use the original files for your device and not what you linked of course).

It's not possible to make a TWRP flashable zip of the stock ROM with the files available. That is if you want to get back to a state where dm-verity is enabled (would be possible otherwise). You'd need to flash a full system image for that to work. Easiest way to do that would be to fastboot flash stock system.img if the bootloader wasn't messed up (see notes in TWRP thread)...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Radicalx
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Flashing Android with Intel Platform Flashtool will erase everything from the device including Windows. You'll need to reinstall Windows after that (use the original files for your device and not what you linked of course).

It's not possible to make a TWRP flashable zip of the stock ROM with the files available. That is if you want to get back to a state where dm-verity is enabled (would be possible otherwise). You'd need to flash a full system image for that to work. Easiest way to do that would be to fastboot flash stock system.img if the bootloader wasn't messed up (see notes in TWRP thread)...

1) So if i want stock rom with dm-verity  enabled, i can make a zip?

2) If i find  TWRP backup can i restore it?

3) Then i have to rename Windows partitions in order to fix bootloader and then be able to flash stock android rom from baidu?

2 hours ago, Radicalx said:

1) So if i want stock rom with dm-verity  enabled, i can make a zip?

2) If i find  TWRP backup can i restore it?

3) Then i have to rename Windows partitions in order to fix bootloader and then be able to flash stock android rom from baidu?

1) Already said no.

2) No for the same reason.

3) You need to check your own device. I've never heard of one of these devices coming with unlocked bootloader either. That's just needed if you want to use fastboot to flash something. Nothing stopping you from using Intel Platform Flashtool or creating an USB installer (http://techtablets.com/2016/01/cube-iwork8-ultimate-gets-dual-boot-files-and-how-too/ - use the files for your device of course).

This discussion has nothing to do with CM12.1 so it really doesn't belong here.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest NateCordova

First of all, I got to thank you for your dedication on this ROM, it makes the device ALOT better in every possible way, performance, smoothness, stability, UI, and even a small increase in battery life! Without you, there would be no custom roms for this device!

However, i am having a annoying issue that didnt happen in the stock rom: When I play MOST games, not all, I have Audio Delay of about 500ms, namely with Sound Effects.

Per instance Dead Trigger 2 Minecraft PE, have this sound problem, but Modern Combat 5, Vector work absolutely fine.

This only happens in games, the general system doenst have this audio lag.

My version is the I1-TC, and i've reflashed the ROM, wiped cache, data, etc, I even tried to use the Awesome Player instead of the Nu media player in the development settings to no effect.

How can I fix this?

Edited by NateCordova

On 9/19/2016 at 7:44 AM, god123456 said:

when install facebook or facebook messenger at play store,

it always install a arm version(actually it has x86 version)

how to tell play store the machine is x86?

Do you get x86 version with the stock ROM?

At least some of my apps are listed as incompatible through Play Store and I always thought it was because this was x86 device.

On 9/25/2016 at 1:23 AM, NateCordova said:

First of all, I got to thank you for your dedication on this ROM, it makes the device ALOT better in every possible way, performance, smoothness, stability, UI, and even a small increase in battery life! Without you, there would be no custom roms for this device!

However, i am having a annoying issue that didnt happen in the stock rom: When I play MOST games, not all, I have Audio Delay of about 500ms, namely with Sound Effects.

Per instance Dead Trigger 2 Minecraft PE, have this sound problem, but Modern Combat 5, Vector work absolutely fine.

This only happens in games, the general system doenst have this audio lag.

My version is the I1-TC, and i've reflashed the ROM, wiped cache, data, etc, I even tried to use the Awesome Player instead of the Nu media player in the development settings to no effect.

How can I fix this?

Make sure you've disabled audio effects in AudioFX at least.

This is the first Intel Cherry Trail device to run CyanogenMod. Intel platform is no where near as well documented as e.g. Qualcomm platforms. I've had to disable audio offload because I haven't figured out how that work on Intel devices and everything crashes otherwise. AFAICT it was while video playback anyway.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest NateCordova
On 28/09/2016 at 2:17 PM, KonstaT said:

Make sure you've disabled audio effects in AudioFX at least.

This is the first Intel Cherry Trail device to run CyanogenMod. Intel platform is no where near as well documented as e.g. Qualcomm platforms. I've had to disable audio offload because I haven't figured out how that work on Intel devices and everything crashes otherwise. AFAICT it was while video playback anyway.

Thank you for replying. I've tried with AudioFX ON and OFF and also i've disabled the AudioFX App by itself. Still the same problems. Seems like it affects half the games.

So basically, you can't really help me on this issue until Cherry Trail becomes more common in CyanogenMods, right? The tablet is still better with cyanogen than with the stock rom, even with this issue, to be honest.

Edited by NateCordova

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, NateCordova said:

Thank you for replying. I've tried with AudioFX ON and OFF and also i've disabled the AudioFX App by itself. Still the same problems. Seems like it affects half the games.

So basically, you can't really help me on this issue until Cherry Trail becomes more common in CyanogenMods, right? The tablet is still better with cyanogen than with the stock rom, even with this issue, to be honest.

No, I haven't even looked into this issue yet. There could be some simple solution/hack as well. Posting a logcat with an issue report usually helps...

This device has Nuvoton audio chip and I'm not aware of it being used in other Android devices besides other Chinese Intel tablets. There's no kernel source for this device. There's no source code for audio HALs. Audio implementation in CM is basically just prebuilt binary blobs extracted from stock firmware. Sure, more developers working on this platforms would help tracking down and fixing whatever platform specific issues. I don't expect that to happen, though, as there are devices that are much more popular and easier to develop than these Cherry Trail devices.

Guest seafood169

Hi,

This rom is great, but for some reason, I need to flash back the Cube stock rom.   However, I can't download app from the google play store with the stock rom.   It stated "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped" everytime when I pressed the "Install" button at the play store.  I've tried several ways such as reset the machine, stopped and restarted the Play store, even installed other version of Goolge play service.  The problem does not be solved.

Would you pls. help and advise what I should do ?  

Thanks !