[DEV][ROM][28.10.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Cube iWork8 Ultimate & iWork8 Air

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
54 minutes ago, BlackLord said:

Hi guys,

I have iwork8 air I1-TF, installed KonstaT mod. Everything works fine, many thanks for your work!

There is small problem. The tablet battery runs out very quickly. Airplane mode 100% charge, 6hours idling at 60% charge level. This is normal?

Experience battery operating time (facebook, web browsing etc,,)

How does it compare to stock ROM/Windows? There shouldn't be much of a difference on CM.

I can't say what is 'normal' battery life as I have a faulty unit for sure. Long story short. First my device didn't accept charge at all. Then it appeared to be charging all the time (charging LED and notification indicator in Android/Windows) and couldn't connect as USB device. Got a partial refund from the seller. Now it still has the notification LED always on whether device is connected to charger or not (only small difference on the brightness). My device was DOA or I immediately broke the charging circuit using my QC2.0 charger while the device had run flat/turned off. On my device battery goes from 100% to 0% in less than 24h without any use. :/

Guest maxomid

Hello..
I've installed this rom .. everything works well, but wifi hotspot does not work

my device cube iwork8 air

rom: cm-12.1-20160716-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cht_cr_mrd.zip

how to fix hotspot?

Edited by maxomid

Guest seafood169
4 hours ago, BlackLord said:

Hi guys,

I have iwork8 air I1-TF, installed KonstaT mod. Everything works fine, many thanks for your work!

There is small problem. The tablet battery runs out very quickly. Airplane mode 100% charge, 6hours idling at 60% charge level. This is normal?

Experience battery operating time (facebook, web browsing etc,,)

Hi , Does your machine has the SOD (sleep on death) issue  ? 

Edited by seafood169

Guest KonstaT
38 minutes ago, maxomid said:

Hello..
I've installed this rom .. everything works well, but wifi hotspot does not work

my device cube iwork8 air

rom: cm-12.1-20160716-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cht_cr_mrd.zip

how to fix hotspot?

What connection are you trying to share? Do you have USB to ethernet adapter (does that work?) or have you first tethered to other device with bluetooth?

Does it work with stock firmware?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest maxomid
28 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

What connection are you trying to share? Do you have USB to ethernet adapter (does that work?) or have you first tethered to other device with bluetooth?

Does it work with stock firmare?

i trying with ;Shareit ;

turn on wifi-hotspot get error (see screenshot)

USB tehering  worked on CM12.1

bluetooth tethering worked on CM12.1

yes work fine at stock and Remix OS 2 But not worked On CM12.1

Screenshot_2016-08-10-14-29-11.png

Edited by maxomid

Guest KonstaT
33 minutes ago, maxomid said:

i trying with ;Shareit ;

turn on wifi-hotspot get error (see screenshot)

USB tehering  worked on CM12.1

bluetooth tethering worked on CM12.1

yes work fine at stock and Remix OS 2 But not worked On CM12.1

I still don't quite understand what you mean. Are you using USB reverse tethering? You need to have a non-wifi internet connection to share with wifi tethering.

I haven't found a way to test wifi tethering myself (I would if I knew how). I've only tested USB-tethering as that can share wifi connection.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest maxomid
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I still don't quite understand what you mean. Are you using USB reverse tethering? You need to have a non-wifi internet connection to share with wifi tethering.

I haven't found a way to test wifi tethering myself (I would if I knew how). I've only tested USB-tethering as that can share wifi connection.

Hello..
Dear friend hotspot fail in this ROM.
You are not allowed to send or receive application with shareit

You test the application with shareit if you can send and receive?

Hotspot feature will not work in the CM12.1

MyDevice Cube Iwork8 Air

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, maxomid said:
Hello..
Dear friend hotspot fail in this ROM.
You are not allowed to send or receive application with shareit

You test the application with shareit if you can send and receive?

Hotspot feature will not work in the CM12.1

MyDevice Cube Iwork8 Air

Yeah, I already got that it 'doesn't work'. 'Doesn't work' hasn't never been enough, though. You need to provide steps how to reproduce this issue and explain what is the use case for this.

What is shareit? This SHAREit?

Guest BlackLord

How does it compare to stock ROM/Windows? There shouldn't be much of a difference on CM.

I can't say what is 'normal' battery life as I have a faulty unit for sure. Long story short. First my device didn't accept charge at all. Then it appeared to be charging all the time (charging LED and notification indicator in Android/Windows) and couldn't connect as USB device. Got a partial refund from the seller. Now it still has the notification LED always on whether device is connected to charger or not (only small difference on the brightness). My device was DOA or I immediately broke the charging circuit using my QC2.0 charger while the device had run flat/turned off. On my device battery goes from 100% to 0% in less than 24h without any use. :/

Thanks for the answer. Using stock rom ruin the battery runs out too quickly. The wi-fi was unstable. CM I was hoping to solve the problem. By using the factory charger is faulty perception of the touch screen. I wrote to the Service Centre.

Guest BlackLord
Thanks for the answer. Using stoke rom ruin the battery runs out too quickly. The wi-fi was unstable. CM I was hoping to solve the problem. By using the factory charger is faulty perception of the touch screen. I wrote to the Service Centre.

Guest seafood169
14 hours ago, BlackLord said:

I can find out whether this error?

When you switch off the screen or make the machine into sleeping mode, it can't be waken up.  You need to restart your machine by holding the power button for a long time and try several times.  

Edited by seafood169

Guest maxomid
11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yeah, I already got that it 'doesn't work'. 'Doesn't work' hasn't never been enough, though. You need to provide steps how to reproduce this issue and explain what is the use case for this.

What is shareit? This SHAREit?

hi

I thank the call and follow you as well as for porting this ROM on this tablet

Yes, I mean the application is ...; SHAREit ;

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lenovo.anyshare.gps

If the problem is resolved great Please fix this problem.

***I'm sorry, I can not speak very well English. ***

Edited by maxomid

Guest conduisant

Hello

I would flash this rom on my dual boot Cube iwork8 Ultimate...

but i use only Android on this tablet and i want to delete W10 to have more storage in ANDROID...

It-is possible ?

How do i proceed ?

Thanks

Guest Zakmak

i have asked the same question . 

it is possible but it is not so easy like flashing a new rom. 

i think maybe is the best way to buy a big sd card and flash cygaonen or remix os. then u can move the apps to sd.

I give Remix Os now a try and will be waiting for the cm for my device :)

Guest KonstaT

New build. Plan was to also have SELinux enforcing in this one but new issues keep coming up. :/ Well, maybe next month (or never).

cm-12.1.1-20160814-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-cht_cr_mrd.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849012
md5:f16d06492a10566d5a7487ddd38bb73a

-fix issue with houdini
-fix moving apps to sdcard
-fix wifi tethering
-set correct device name for I1-TD/I1-TWB/I1-TC/I1-TF
-Android security patch level: 1 August 2016 (merged)

All patches need an update, too.

cm-12.1.1-20160814-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TD.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849017
md5:5f04953202ce256e66e2c7a856d209e9

cm-12.1.1-20160814-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TWB.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849018
md5:05f0c2c27caa61d1ec17e0eb93c58b0a

cm-12.1.1-20160814-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TC.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849016
md5:9beead18b312c7d6b6b09a18079a3b10

cm-12.1.1-20160814-cht_cr_mrd-I1-TF.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24671318762849019
md5:0c65c48bc546d4e5aeefed195d59b2c1

Guest Zakmak

thank u very much i was waiting for that :D

i just flash the cm 12 to my cube. 

i will be testing now . 

edit: everything is working fine expect the usb connection cant see the device on my windows pc ?

edit 2 :ok found it =D 

nice os, i like it more then remix

Edited by Zakmak

Guest Zakmak

I had tested everything in Cm 12 and it is working very fine expect one thing is not working. i cant stream to my stream tv (LG) .. it tries to make a connection and then  it failed.. dont why... other devices and windows pcs working just fine.

Guest KonstaT
42 minutes ago, Zakmak said:

I had tested everything in Cm 12 and it is working very fine expect one thing is not working. i cant stream to my stream tv (LG) .. it tries to make a connection and then  it failed.. dont why... other devices and windows pcs working just fine.

What do you mean by stream? I've tested Miracast and it works. It's a bit laggy/stuttery at times so maybe not best suited for gaming, etc. There's still bunch of Intel specific wifi display enhancements that I haven't brought to CyanogenMod and I'm not sure I'm even going to bother.

Guest Cheftony20

Hello.

First i want to thank you for all your work here, much appreciated.

I just flashed the CM12 rom and everything seems to be working just fine except the interaction with my SD Card. I can create or move stuff to sdcard2 using the explorer but i when i move apps to the sd card even though the apps appear as in the sdcard on the applications tab when i explore the sdcard files i see nothing. Is there a way to fix this thing with the sdcard without using Link2Sd?

Thanks

**Sorry for my english**

Edit1: Im using Mangabird to download some manga i want to read. This app gives you the possibility to change your data storage for the downloaded files but it doesnt allow me to pick any other storage than the internal in the iwork8 however i can do this on my other android devices with sdcard.

Edited by Cheftony20

Guest KonstaT
46 minutes ago, Cheftony20 said:

Hello.

First i want to thank you for all your work here, much appreciated.

I just flashed the CM12 rom and everything seems to be working just fine except the interaction with my SD Card. I can create or move stuff to sdcard2 using the explorer but i when i move apps to the sd card even though the apps appear as in the sdcard on the applications tab when i explore the sdcard files i see nothing. Is there a way to fix this thing with the sdcard without using Link2Sd?

You're not supposed to see anything as long as the sdcard is mounted on Android. If you mount sdcard on other device, you'll see .android_secure directory on the sdcard. If you want to see what you've moved to sdcard on running Android system, see /mnt/asec instead.

46 minutes ago, Cheftony20 said:

Edit1: Im using Mangabird to download some manga i want to read. This app gives you the possibility to change your data storage for the downloaded files but it doesnt allow me to pick any other storage than the internal in the iwork8 however i can do this on my other android devices with sdcard.

Running which Android version? Google has changed how sdcards work in Android so many times it's hard to keep up.

AFAICT external sdcard works as expected on Lollipop. App compatibility depends on what APIs it targets (http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/04/android-5-0-makes-sd-cards-great-again-extends-api-to-allow-full-directory-access-automatic-mediastore-and-improves-security/)

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Cheftony20
22 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

You're not supposed to see anything as long as the sdcard is mounted on Android. If you mount sdcard on other device, you'll see .android_secure directory on the sdcard. If you want to see what you've moved to sdcard on running Android system, see /mnt/asec instead.

Running which Android version? Google has changed how sdcards work in Android so many times it's hard to keep up.

AFAICT external sdcard works as expected on Lollipop. App compatibility depends on what APIs it targets (http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/04/android-5-0-makes-sd-cards-great-again-extends-api-to-allow-full-directory-access-automatic-mediastore-and-improves-security/)

Mi cell is running Android 5.1.1

The move to sd card is just moving the apk, i guess thats ok for this version, i cant do that on my cell coz it has MIUI. But the choosing storage thing on this app or MangaRock wont work.

Guest Cheftony20

I find W10 pretty useless since it does require too much space. Is there a way to delete the windows boot and give that space to the Android part?

Edited by Cheftony20

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, alfcup said:

@KonstaT

Hi Sir,

Do you know if your rom work with the Cube iWork10 Ultimate?

Thanks

Not 'as is' of course. I don't know what hardware differences there are besides the obvious (display, touchscreen). It could e.g. have completely different wifi/bt/audio hardware.

It should be possible to build CM for that device if I had one...

Edited by KonstaT