[ROM][6.0.1][ALL] Resurrection Remix 5.7.1 [July/16/2016]

Guest knoelli

Guest knoelli

Resurrection Remix 5.7.1
The Android Ultimate Custom OS

About Resurrection Remix
Resurrection Remix ROM is ultimately full featured, stable and combined with the best features of open source roms. We are also providing lot of awesome original Resurrection Remix ROM add-on s in the builds. Includes best of performance, customization, power and the newest features on your device!

It is one of the most customizable ROMs out-of-the-box!

Screenshots
RR_MM_1.png RR_MM_2.png RR_MM_3.png RR_MM_4.png

Download
Y300, latest build: http://roms.noname2.com/u8833 (Y300)/ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.1-20160713-u8833.zip
          [MD5: 76b60833c605f211e5d2a20f471893bf]
G510, latest build: http://roms.noname2.com/u8951 (G510)/ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.1-20160716-u8951.zip
          [MD5: 2365291fc678b89d49b0a4abf7e00223]
G330, latest build: http://roms.noname2.com/u8825 (G330)/ResurrectionRemix-M-v5.7.0-20160628-u8825.zip
          [MD5: 705af5537a8f11e4d410218cf21bcbb9]

All builds, current and old ones, can be found at: http://roms.noname2.com/

Note 1: The G510 and G330 builds are not tested by me as I don't have those devices!

Note 2: The G330 build has been modified a lot in order to fit within the 512MB "system" partition. Changes are:

• The rom is not odexed; the first boot will require quite some time
  • The following apps are not included: AdAway, KernelAdiutor, Browser, AudioFX, Eleven, Snap, ExactCalculator

Credits

• Chil360
  • The team of ResurrectionRemix
  • Dazzozo
  • many other contributors...

Changelog

• July/16/2016
    • ResurrectionRemix updated to 5.7.1
    • Currently only builds for Y300 and G510 available, G330 is compiling
  • June/26/2016
    • Lowered heap memory so more RAM is now available to the system again
  • June/25/2016
    • *** TEST-VERSION ***
    • Disabled ION CMA heap
    • Disabled IpReachabilityMonitor
    • Removed Camera app from build
    • (see notes in post #2)
  • June/18/2016
    • Updated to latest ResurrectionRemix 5.7.0
    • Further increased ION heap size for camera, hopefully this will fix camera errors
  • June/06/2016
    • Added G510 build (G330 added on June/10/2016)
    • Included a WiFi patch by Oleg / remittor; should give better WiFi stability
  • June/04/2016
    • Initial build

Edited by knoelli

Guest knoelli

Regarding build June/26/2016:

This is a test build where I disabled CMA heap memory in the kernel. This seems to fix the camera problem with any camera app closing at 5MP images. I ran this patch (with a previous build) for 2 days and didn't encounter any camera problems anymore. However, since this is a major change to the general memory handling of the device, I would like to hear if there are any (positive/negative) side effects.

Additionally I activated a fix for WiFi dropouts which was discussed recently on Gerrit and included (but disabled) in CM13.

Edited by knoelli

Guest Mr Voland

Nice to see more than one MM rom for our poor device, I will try it soon.

What's working, what are the issues if there is any?

Guest knoelli

I've installed it yesterday to my device, prior to posting it here. It seems quite fluid and battery seems to be a bit better than on CM13. Camera is still an issue, the included app crashes most of the time, 3rd party apps work stable at 3MP (and the new Footej Camera app at 5MP). I used the included KernelAdiutor to change the minimum CPU frequency to 480MHz and the scheduler to "smarmax" - with those settings I had no blackscreen so far.

Guest Nemesix2

@knoelli Nice to see Resurrection Remix 6.0 on our devices!

Are you planning to do weekly builds?

Another question; does this build work on G510 too? If not, are you planning future builds for it?

Guest knoelli

Regular updates are planned, however they won't be on a weekly basis. ResurrectionRemix updates approx. every 2-3 weeks to a new version, so once they do I plan to update the build as well.

As I don't have a G510, I can't tell if the Y300 build will work on it. However with the next update I'll try to compile and upload a G510 build as well.

Guest D3mon3
2 hours ago, pesartom said:

plz can you upload to another site as well?

i cant download from yadi.sk

Off adblockers and click Download ;)

Some one find any bugs ? How much free RAM we have? Battery life ? etc.

@knoelli THX for new ROM :)  I think you will be look at sugestions from users (bugs etc.)

GApps included ?

Edited by D3mon3

Guest pesartom
2 hours ago, D3mon3 said:

Off adblockers and click Download ;)

Some one find any bugs ? How much free RAM we have? Battery life ? etc.

@knoelli THX for new ROM :)  I think you will be look at sugestions from users (bugs etc.)

GApps included ?

I know that stuf, but i still cant dl from that site

Guest knoelli

Starting with the next build, I will upload it to my dedicated server, it should then be no problem to download the ROM for anybody.

@D3mon3 GApps are not included. As with CM13 they will probably slow down our device a lot (that's why I prefer a GApps free device for myself).

Guest D3mon3
39 minutes ago, knoelli said:

Starting with the next build, I will upload it to my dedicated server, it should then be no problem to download the ROM for anybody.

@D3mon3 GApps are not included. As with CM13 they will probably slow down our device a lot (that's why I prefer a GApps free device for myself).

ok :) 

Guest phil_

Hello knoelli,

thank you very much for your effort to bring Android 6 on to our phones.

I enjoyed fooling around in all the menus and bars and was amazed by the speed of the ROM. There is a lot of tweakability in resurrection ROM and even if I did not get into it very deep, what a came across was great fun. The structure of the menus was well organized and full of changeable parameters. There was one thing that irritated me, I could install third party applications out of the box. After installing f-droid I could use all my daily apps, though some like the mail client remained untested. Some apps are able to use the camera and for taking pictures there is open camera that works.

Here is what I think after one day of usage.

Pro:

#Newest Version of Android with major bug fixes, compared to 4.4 that I used before
#Fast
#No Gaps,
#Tweak-ability,
#IMHO good looking,
#Pretty stable after all and no freezing of the phone
#GPS working
#Frequency control

Cons:

#Delay when incoming call meets sleeping phone. Callers said it took quite some time before they could hear me and I took up the phone
#Wi-Fi not rock stable, when downloading some map files from osmand with f-droid (above a size of 180 MB ) also some disconnects all day long.
#Camera not stable
#If FX-Audio is enabled, at the beginning of a song the sound volume was insanely high, just some fraction of a second. After disabling FX-Audio the problem disappeared.

I think I found after CM11 my next daily ROM. I will keep it running.

Thumbs up. Keep up the good work.

Guest dexterplanck
On 07.06.2016 at 8:38 AM, dexterplanck said:

Hello ,

is it compatible with G330 ?

@knoelli , i am waiting for G330 build, for testing,

when will it finish ?

It is compatible with opengl es games ?

Guest gongy

Good job,congr. for your work and have one question...can you make patch that SD to be primary storage by default,something like at CM13 repack kernel

(https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6yu0iott1prewjs/AAASo9xvxkzw4vWiodu12bHza?dl=0)

I using Titanimu Backup for backup-restore my apps and have a problem because TB don't see my backup at SD card.On the SD card have more GB data and if you do formatting must copy to PC and after format backup to SD,impracticable and takes  enough time and most people SD used for primary storage.THANK YOU...SORRY because laburnum and my bad english
best regards

Edited by gongy

Guest knoelli

Sorry for the delay about the G330 update. Unfortunately it's not compiled successfully yet. The problem is the partitioning of the G330: "system" partition has only 512MB available space which is not enough for ResurrectionRemix. I tried to remove some apps ("Snap" (which doesn't work well anyway), KernelAdiutor and "Adaway") but the ROM is still too big. I will have another go with two or three other apps removed but it'll take at least until tomorrow until the build is finished (if it succeeds this time).

Guest dmitr
3 hours ago, knoelli said:

Sorry for the delay about the G330 update. Unfortunately it's not compiled successfully yet. The problem is the partitioning of the G330: "system" partition has only 512MB available space which is not enough for ResurrectionRemix. I tried to remove some apps ("Snap" (which doesn't work well anyway), KernelAdiutor and "Adaway") but the ROM is still too big. I will have another go with two or three other apps removed but it'll take at least until tomorrow until the build is finished (if it succeeds this time).

I have an idea how to set in RR on G330. But maybe she's stupid! the source code should really be rewritten that would be assembled over th e system with 600-700Mb. Then if komplektinvest firmware, delete unnecessary files and make Deodex and maybe it will be possible to run RR on 6.0.1 G330.

Guest knoelli

Thanks a lot for your idea. Right now, I'm trying to compile the rom in deodexed mode and with the above mentioned apps excluded, we'll see if that reduces the size enough to fit in the 512MB limit...

Guest dmitr
1 hour ago, knoelli said:

Thanks a lot for your idea. Right now, I'm trying to compile the rom in deodexed mode and with the above mentioned apps excluded, we'll see if that reduces the size enough to fit in the 512MB limit...

Good luck)))