r7 - MoDaCo Custom ROM [Stock Style Beta] - Honor 7 PLK-L01

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-07-48.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-07-58.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-08-10.png

Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-09-32.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-08-53.png Screenshot_2016-07-07-10-09-45.png

As well as my main Custom ROM for all current Honor devices, I am excited to announce a Beta release of the 'Stock Style' version. This ROM is based on the main MCR, but has a host of changes to provide a more 'stock Android' experience!

Changes include...

• Removed all 'additional apps' installed from cust (Twitter, Games etc.)
  • Replaced Calculator with Google Calculator
  • Replaced Calendar with Google Calendar
  • Replaced Clock with Google Clock
  • Replaced Contacts with Google Contacts
  • Replaced Dialler with Google Dialler
  • Replaced Gallery with Google Photos (can still be launched straight from Camera)
  • Replaced Phone with Google Phone
  • Replaced Messaging with Google Messenger
  • Removed Email / Exchange app (now replaced by Gmail Exchange support)
  • Removed File Manager
  • Removed HiCare
  • Removed Music app
  • Removed Notepad app
  • Removed Sound Recorder app
  • Removed Videos app
  • Removed Weather app
  • Updated default theme to Stockify
  • Added missing 'base GMS' apps as required

The ROM feels much less EMUI and much more stock Android, without losing stability, compatibility, features etc. With future releases of the Stockify theme, we should also be able to virtually revert the notification pulldown / toggles (SystemUI) and lockscreen to stock style too.

Have a play and let me know what you think - a wipe is highly recommended before installing this ROM.

Enjoy!

P

Guest unnilennium

I have a very annoyng bug with contacts and stock rom, contacts from sim and contacts from Google always are shown separately, even if they have the same numbers and details... with Google contacts it's the same? When i have time i will unlock bootloader and install this rom, but i'm asking in advance, i like stock android esperienze more than emui, which i think Is a bad copy of miui, and contacts are my problema, if this rom Can solve this, i Can flash it without hesitation.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest unnilennium

Is there a possibility to have this rom based on 371 rom? I am going to reset my phone, and i want to try it if you update new base rom.. thank you for your beautiful work supporting modding for this phone

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
3 hours ago, johancc said:

Hey

The link is still broken.. Does anyone know where to get the rom?

I messaged Paul on Twitter and haven't gotten a response there. In the meantime I installed Cyanogen mod 13 download can be found here https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-7/development/unsupported-cyanogenmod-13-honor-7-plk-t3542627

Look through the thread and see if there's any bugs that will put you off. Otherwise it's running great on my device. Battery life was extended and things that didn't work properly before works perfectly now!

Guest johancc

@Zelaf

Thanks for sharing. I was trying the rom, but only got an error message that I couldn't install the rom.

Afterwards I was wiping the device to try again.. now the device is only showing the honor logo, when I try to reboot it. Does anyone have a solution on how to get into twrp and get a new rom installed?

Just now, johancc said:

@Zelaf

Thanks for sharing. I was trying the rom, but only got an error message that I couldn't install the rom.

Afterwards I was wiping the device to try again.. now the device is only showing the honor logo, when I try to reboot it. Does anyone have a solution on how to get into twrp and get a new rom installed?

Oh s***, during boot hold the volume up and down in at the same time, should lead you to TWRP, if that doesn't work... I'm not sure, let me know how it goes.

Guest johancc

I finally succeded in getting into twrp again :-) . I installed the rom. The result is that rebooting gets me to the honor logo whereafter it shuts of :-(

Edited by johancc

I had the latest version from Huawei before I installed it. But they removed their official downloads for ROMs to the Honor 7 from their website so it's a bit hard to reinstall the phone. Either way you could try to use adb. There's a tool available to help out, https://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-8/development/tool-huawei-multi-tool-team-mt-t3523923

See if you can fix your problems with it. Let me know if it works.

• 2 months later...
Guest Shreeyash

In this ROM contains any launcher app?

This ROM will be coming updates?

Thanks sir!

Can you see Lineage os for honor 7 on Facebook? If not see, see it and I request to you if you see on Facebook and when you will be join donators group of lineage os for honor 7 then please copy and paste download link of lineage os for honor 7.

Once again thanks for this brilliant, excellent, superb, nice, cool ROM. And tell me is this ROM contains any launcher app. Thanks