Transferring to pc

Guest Cruxy

Guest Cruxy

Is there a method to transfer files/photos to a pc without installing HiSuite?
HiSuite is fine for my home pc, but I don't want install it at work or on any other pcs.

Also, is there an alternative method for connecting to Linux? Specifically Linux Mint 17.2 KDE
I've followed the instructions on the phone (installing mtpfs) and can see the phone folders on the pc but can't see any files inside the folders.

This is all a complete pain in comparison to my previous phones.

Guest unnilennium

I've this phone, and no problem transferring files, i use linux mint 17.3, and after i connect h7 via usb, i choose flie transfer from phone menu, and magically my nemo application can see all files in phone memory or sd. No other app required. I don't remember installing apps to use this function. In windows, i've windows 10 and hisuitedon't work, but i can browse files when i connect h7, after unlock screen and choose file from the menu of the phone. Otherwise, if you don't unlock phone, you cannot see nothing

Guest Cruxy

Thanks for the reply unnilennium.

It looks like file transfer works OK but I still can't see photos in their default folders. If I move them to another folder can see them using the file transfer option.

The photo transfer option doesn't show anything in Dolphin or Windows Explorer.