Huawei Y5(560) L02 stuck in Qualcomm HS-USB diagnostics mode

Guest Rezta-NZ

Guest Rezta-NZ
Hi there I have a Huawei Y5-(560) L02, I recently put CM 13 on it but wanted to go back to the stock rom, so I fired up fastboot and went to use the oem unlock function, only to find I carelessly forgot the 'un' part.

The phone rebooted an now is stuck with a black screen and in a weird "Qualcomm HS USB Diagnostics 900E (COM6)" mode that I can't figure out how to get it out of. I've read online tutorials about flashing the stock rom with QPST but I can't seem to understand what to do (maybe it's because they are tutorials for other phones).

CPU is Qualcomm MSM8909 Snapdragon 210

Any advice would be great!

Guest KonstaT

Errm, why not just restore a nandroid backup of the stock ROM in TWRP. I don't know why you'd need to unlock/relock bootloader to return to stock either.

Huawei's update.app is just a regular stock recovery flashable zip on this device. If you can't boot to recovery, you're pretty much screwed. There's no firmware available that you could flash with QPST. Maybe if you can get a dd dump of the whole eMMC from a working device and restore it to your device somehow.