[PORT][ROM][12.8.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Nexbox A95X

Guest KonstaT

Guest Sebastina Dardzinski
On 10/28/2016 at 2:43 PM, KonstaT said:

Possibly on devices with Realtek rtk8189es wifi (someone already confirmed it working on NEXBOX MXQ PRO). Might boot on other S905 devices as well but wifi/bt won't work. It still would be a much better idea to do a proper port for your device.

Managed to install it editing updater-script and removing device checkup. It is slooooow :)

Crashing constantly. No luck then :(

Hi there,

I would like to port Remix OS to my Beelink Gt1, which is an Amlogic S912.

Can I use your your file " nexbox_a95 " ? the two boxes are quite similar.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Edited by cody31

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, cody31 said:

Hi there,

I would like to port Remix OS to my Beelink Gt1, which is an Amlogic S912.

Can I use your your file " nexbox_a95 " ? the two boxes are quite similar.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

S905 device should be doable, I'm not so sure about S905X and S912 devices. Haven't really even looked into Amlogic platforms that much.

S912 at least has different GPU so display drivers are likely different, probably a lot of other stuff too. You might want to start by diff'ing some S905 and S912 stock firmwares and see what differences they have.

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into that, as for now I can't even access via USB. My computer doesn't see any device connected - since any updated is by FOTA...

Anyway...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, lkraus said:

I wanted to buy  NEXBOX A95X to use with your port, but seems like there's only new S905X version available, https://goo.gl/LVVmGy 

Is there a chance that you'll port Remix OS for that version too?

No chance because I don't have that device.

I'm not aware of S905X devices running Remix OS anyway. That would be Remix OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andrea2107
On 3/11/2016 at 5:20 PM, KonstaT said:

S905 device should be doable, I'm not so sure about S905X and S912 devices. Haven't really even looked into Amlogic platforms that much.

S912 at least has different GPU so display drivers are likely different, probably a lot of other stuff too. You might want to start by diff'ing some S905 and S912 stock firmwares and see what differences they have.

what were your steps for porting this to your device? i want to port it to my beelink mini mx iii wich has s905

also do you think it would be possible to port android tv from xiaomi mi box 3?

Edited by andrea2107

Guest KonstaT
38 minutes ago, andrea2107 said:

what were your steps for porting this to your device? i want to port it to my beelink mini mx iii wich has s905

also do you think it would be possible to port android tv from xiaomi mi box 3?

Winzip. Drag&drop. :P

You need to diff this ROM and the original firmware to see what's changed. And of course split the boot image and use kernel for your device.

Mi box 3 is the one with S905? I think I've seen some video on YouTube and wasn't too impressed with the UI. Should be possible to port, though.

Guest andrea2107
20 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Winzip. Drag&drop. :P

You need to diff this ROM and the original firmware to see what's changed. And of course split the boot image and use kernel for your device.

Mi box 3 is the one with S905? I think I've seen some video on YouTube and wasn't too impressed with the UI. Should be possible to port, though.

oh lol,so i just got to switch blobs and kernel :P

the fact is that mi box 3(s905,not s905x :D ) runs android tv,and android tv means being able to install apps meant for tv so its ui is like this
atv-framed.png

Edited by andrea2107

Guest KonstaT
30 minutes ago, andrea2107 said:

oh lol,so i just got to switch blobs and kernel :P

the fact is that mi box 3(s905,not s905x :D ) runs android tv,and android tv means being able to install apps meant for tv so its ui is like this

Pretty much. Also depends on what wifi/bt hardware your device has.

Is that Mi Box 3 firmware available for download somewhere? I think the one I saw had some custom skin.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest andrea2107
18 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Pretty much. Also depends what wifi/bt hardware your device has.

Is that Mi Box 3 firmware available for download somewhere? I think the one I saw had some custom skin.

yeah,you're right,looks like there are 2 versions,one with plain android tv,like i posted,and one with custom skin,i will post USA version firmware and normal version firmware,i think USA version has normal android tv as custom skin is meant for chinese market

USA: ( xiaomi mi box 3s codename: jurassicpark)  https://yadi.sk/d/jk7N8RWLu25uk
normal : ( xiaomi mi box 3 codename: jurassicpark) https://yadi.sk/d/HfBua33Tu25s6

edit : looks like USA version is amlogic s905x,i will look further

Edited by andrea2107

Guest andrea2107
13 minutes ago, yener90 said:

I've got an other box with S905. We have Android TV ported. Maybe here is also possible.

what box is it? i would like to get that android tv port :P

Edited by andrea2107

Guest KonstaT

I did a quick port of that UGOOS AM1 Android TV to my Nexbox A95X. It's a bit disappointing. All hardware is working so no problem there.

Home button in remote is not working so am I just supposed to back out of everything? Home button doesn't work with my air mouse/keyboard either so I'm not sure if this is by design or something else. Voice search is apparently a big thing with Android TV, no mic on the remote (or anywhere on the device) so that doesn't work. There's very few apps available at the leanback Play Store. None of the UGOOS extra settings seem to work so I don't know why they're even there.

Can't be bothered to open a new thread. I've uploaded it to my androidfilehost folder if someone wants to play with it. Also uploaded couple TWRP flashable stock ROMs I've done before.

Guest andrea2107
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I did a quick port of that UGOOS AM1 Android TV to my Nexbox A95X. It's a bit disappointing. All hardware is working so no problem there.

Home button in remote is not working so am I just supposed to back out of everything? Home button doesn't work with my air mouse/keyboard either so I'm not sure if this is by design or something else. Voice search is apparently a big thing with Android TV, no mic on the remote (or anywhere on the device) so that doesn't work. There's very few apps available at the leanback Play Store. None of the UGOOS extra settings seem to work so I don't know why they're even there.

Can't be bothered to open a new thread. I've uploaded it to my androidfilehost folder if someone wants to play with it. Also uploaded couple TWRP flashable stock ROMs I've done before.

i guess that home button is more an issue than a feature,there was a file with configs for the remote in the firmware,maybe you should manually look at it
while for the play store...well,apps in it are actually the ones that are useful for tv,while for the voice search,i don't think it's that big thing,at least it wasn't when i looked at reviews of android tv

Edited by andrea2107

Guest KonstaT
32 minutes ago, andrea2107 said:

i guess that home button is more an issue than a feature,there was a file with configs for the remote in the firmware,maybe you should manually look at it
while for the play store...well,apps in it are actually the ones that are useful for tv,while for the voice search,i don't think it's that big thing,at least it wasn't when i looked at reviews of android tv

Home button doesn't work with my air mouse/keyboard that is connected to USB either so that's why I'm thinking it's broken in the firmware I ported or supposed to be like. I've already changed remote config and keylayouts to what they're supposed to be for my device.

You can't even get Chrome browser or Gmail from the leanback Play Store...

Edited by KonstaT

Guest mirukar
On 19.12.2016 at 5:33 PM, KonstaT said:

Я сделал быстрый порт этого  телевизора UGOOS АМ1 Android к моему Nexbox A95X. Это немного разочаровывает. Все оборудование не работает так что никаких проблем там.

Главная кнопка в пульте дистанционного управления не работает так, я просто должен вернуться из всего? Кнопка Home не работает с моей воздушной мыши / клавиатуры либо так что я не уверен, если это по дизайну или что-то другое. Голосовой поиск по-видимому, большая вещь с Android TV, нет микрофона на пульте дистанционного управления (или где-нибудь на устройстве), так что не работает. Там очень мало приложений, доступных в магазине Play Leanback. Ни один из дополнительных настроек UGOOS не похоже на работу, так что я не знаю, почему они даже там.

Не может быть обеспокоен , чтобы открыть новую тему. Я загрузил его в мой androidfilehost папку , если кто - то хочет играть с ним. Также загружены пара TWRP Flashable фондовые диски я делал раньше.

(Android 5.1.1) Nexbox A95X  the new changes in the firmware of the Remix would not be? met firmware enough?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
On 12/19/2016 at 4:33 PM, KonstaT said:

Ported a newer version of Android TV from Ugoos AM1 and seems a lot more mature. Even home button is working now. :P

http://konstakang.com/devices/nexbox_a95x/AndroidTV

Guest KonstaT
21 hours ago, canzepfan said:

What are advantages of this port to the native firmware?

Which one do you mean? Remix OS or the Android TV I just posted?

Both have completely different look and feel than the stock ROM (which is quite hideous IMO). Remix OS has desktop oriented UI with resizable windows, etc. Android TV is Google's idea what Android experience should be like on a media device. It's what you can find on Nexus Player and other media devices Google now sells on Play Store.

• 1 month later...
Guest slime00

Hello KonstaT, first of all, thank you very much for the AndroidTV firmware!
I can confirm that it works perfectly with Nexbox MXQ Pro, it finally improves WiFi stability compared to the quite weak stock ROM.
There is only one fault, the remote. The remote is able to power on the device, but after that it doesn't work anymore. I luckily have an external keyboard which works no problem, but I would also fix the remote, can you suggest me what files I should reply from the stock ROM to AndroidTV one?
Thank you very much! :)

Edited by slime00