Jump to content
adeii

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][6.0.1] AICP 11 for Huawei Ascend Y300 / G510

Recommended Posts

On nedelja, 16. oktobar 2016. at 0:36 AM, Garlast said:

LOOKS AMAZING, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IMPROVEMENTS IN BATTERY THOUGH, the last build drains my battery in like 30 mins, it's horrible, when do you think that new build will be released?

it should be till end of this week. Battery-drain Google Play Services would be replaces with microG ... ROM remain smooth-y with microG, Xposed and camera works at 5MPx!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New build is added! But please, read KNOWN ISSUES before flashing!

"optimizing app 5 of 86" no more on every boot, rom will ODEX all apps on first boot. after any flash, can also optimize some apps.

some apps must remain non-OXEDed and must optimize on every boot. You can use Lucky Patcher to ODEX app to speed-up booting. 

 

Edited by adeii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need to pull down quicksettings few time, until reach Dev. > "Manage root access" to enable Android system root access and to evade blackscreen.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, bakemarc said:

Stuck in Setup phone

Try testing build for G510 from 13.octobre! It is pritty smooth. It will got blackscreen after bootanimation, reboot it via USB with command "adb reboot" or by pulling out battery, but after that it will continue with installation and will boot normally, goes to Settings, enable Developer menu, go to Manage root access and allow DataUserProvider.

No more blackscreens (unless occassionalies). microG frameworks must be flashed and other stuff...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am using Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) phone , and since the phones mentioned in this thread (Y300/510) are atleast somewhat similar in the ROMs they use and also in their hardware; and also because this thread is the one which is alive now , I am asking this here .

Can someone please help me? Its urgent . I am a noob . I have no knowledge of programming basics . In the "apply from sd card" option inside STOCK Rom recovery mode , does it upload ZIP files or will it only upload UPDATE.APP file ? My issue is very complicated - my phone's touch screen is not working & replacing with a new touchscreen wont work too cause I already tried that and it doesnt work . A few months ago water seeped into my phone desTorying my display and digitizer . I was able to replace with a new lcd display and thankfully , the lcd works , but replacing with a new digitizer doesnt work - the customer care technician said there is some problem in the phone's board and so it cant be repaired and neither will a new touchscreen(digitzer) work . I have NEVER done rooting in my life . Never installed custom rom or anything . I havent enabled USB Debugging (that's the worst problem, cause otherwise I could have used android screencast to control my phone from my laptop) . I have no plans to use my phone again , but I just want to retrieve all my data in the phone's internal memory . Right now , I am following some steps I read in the internet in an Article on how to enable USB debugging . According to those steps , I donwloaded the stock rom from Huawei , extracted it i.e. extracted UPDATE.APP to all the files inside . Extracted SYSTEM.IMG . Got hold of an apk file (for e.g. calculator.apk) inside app folder inside system.img . Renamed calculator.apk to calculator.zip . Extracted this calculator.zip file . Found 3 files inside - android.rsa, manifest.mf and cert.sf and a "com" folder . According to the steps , I put all the following files in a folder I created called META-INF : -

1.) BUILD.PROP -> I took build.prop file from Stock rom and edited it in notepad by adding "persist.service.adb.enable=1" to enable usb debugging 

2.) "COM" folder -> inside which has an update-binary file and an edited update-script file(the update-script file has commands which deletes the old stock build.prop and updates with the new edited build.prop Or something like that) . The problem is I dont know whether the update-binary file is necessary ? . What commands should it have in it? Right now , I took the update-binary file from an UpdateSuperSu program folder. so the update-binary file when i opened in notepad contains SUpersu rooting commands . I dont know whether it is necessary to enable usb debugging .

3.)ANDROID.RSA

4.)CERT.SF

5.)MANIFEST.MF

Now , with all these files inside the META-INF folder , I archived i.e. zipped this folder into META-INF.zip and tried to upload it via "apply update from sd card" in recovery mode , but then it shows "E:signature verification failed . Installation aborted" error . MY AIM IN DOING THIS IS TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING .

 Now my doubt is this . I learned that the zip cannot be uploaded because the signature of the zip does not match the signature of the rom . I then read somewhere that its not the signature of the zip thats the problem , but the signature of the android.rsa (certificate) file that is not matching the signature of the ROM . WHich of the two is true ? Also since I am having STOCK Rom and not custom rom , will it upload only UPDATE.APP file (official huawei rom upgradation files) and not zip files ?What is the way to solve this ?

Right now , I am thinking of sending mail to huawei to ask for the signature keys of the stock ROM I have . I read somewhere that we can digitally sign zip files . So if it is the zip file that is not matching , then I can sign the zip file to the same signature key of ROM ????? Or if it is the android.rsa certificate, whose signature is mismatching , then is there some way to sign it too ?

 

 

Edited by nontha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have the battery drain problem again. It works fine, I took like 25 photos and it got stuck trying to take the last one, that's fine to me, the app just crashed but started to work fine again. It's a pitty I can't play videogames with this rom but it's a very good one. Thanks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Garlast said:

I don't have the battery drain problem again. It works fine, I took like 25 photos and it got stuck trying to take the last one, that's fine to me, the app just crashed but started to work fine again. It's a pitty I can't play videogames with this rom but it's a very good one. Thanks

I meant games like dead trigger (that require more graphics) simpler games work fine though

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ponedeljak, 24. oktobar 2016. at 0:21 AM, Garlast said:

I don't have the battery drain problem again. It works fine, I took like 25 photos and it got stuck trying to take the last one, that's fine to me, the app just crashed but started to work fine again. It's a pitty I can't play videogames with this rom but it's a very good one. Thanks

25 photos with built-in Camera (by Cyanogen) ?! That's great! Sorry for games, no adreno 203 updates after 4.3.x
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On nedelja, 23. oktobar 2016. at 4:22 PM, nontha said:

I am using Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) phone , and since the phones mentioned in this thread (Y300/510) are atleast somewhat similar in the ROMs they use and also in their hardware; and also because this thread is the one which is alive now , I am asking this here .

Can someone please help me? Its urgent . I am a noob . I have no knowledge of programming basics . In the "apply from sd card" option inside STOCK Rom recovery mode , does it upload ZIP files or will it only upload UPDATE.APP file ? My issue is very complicated - my phone's touch screen is not working & replacing with a new touchscreen wont work too cause I already tried that and it doesnt work . A few months ago water seeped into my phone desTorying my display and digitizer . I was able to replace with a new lcd display and thankfully , the lcd works , but replacing with a new digitizer doesnt work - the customer care technician said there is some problem in the phone's board and so it cant be repaired and neither will a new touchscreen(digitzer) work . I have NEVER done rooting in my life . Never installed custom rom or anything . I havent enabled USB Debugging (that's the worst problem, cause otherwise I could have used android screencast to control my phone from my laptop) . I have no plans to use my phone again , but I just want to retrieve all my data in the phone's internal memory . Right now , I am following some steps I read in the internet in an Article on how to enable USB debugging . According to those steps , I donwloaded the stock rom from Huawei , extracted it i.e. extracted UPDATE.APP to all the files inside . Extracted SYSTEM.IMG . Got hold of an apk file (for e.g. calculator.apk) inside app folder inside system.img . Renamed calculator.apk to calculator.zip . Extracted this calculator.zip file . Found 3 files inside - android.rsa, manifest.mf and cert.sf and a "com" folder . According to the steps , I put all the following files in a folder I created called META-INF : -

1.) BUILD.PROP -> I took build.prop file from Stock rom and edited it in notepad by adding "persist.service.adb.enable=1" to enable usb debugging

2.) "COM" folder -> inside which has an update-binary file and an edited update-script file(the update-script file has commands which deletes the old stock build.prop and updates with the new edited build.prop Or something like that) . The problem is I dont know whether the update-binary file is necessary ? . What commands should it have in it? Right now , I took the update-binary file from an UpdateSuperSu program folder. so the update-binary file when i opened in notepad contains SUpersu rooting commands . I dont know whether it is necessary to enable usb debugging .

3.)ANDROID.RSA

4.)CERT.SF

5.)MANIFEST.MF

Now , with all these files inside the META-INF folder , I archived i.e. zipped this folder into META-INF.zip and tried to upload it via "apply update from sd card" in recovery mode , but then it shows "E:signature verification failed . Installation aborted" error . MY AIM IN DOING THIS IS TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING .

 Now my doubt is this . I learned that the zip cannot be uploaded because the signature of the zip does not match the signature of the rom . I then read somewhere that its not the signature of the zip thats the problem , but the signature of the android.rsa (certificate) file that is not matching the signature of the ROM . WHich of the two is true ? Also since I am having STOCK Rom and not custom rom , will it upload only UPDATE.APP file (official huawei rom upgradation files) and not zip files ?What is the way to solve this ?

Right now , I am thinking of sending mail to huawei to ask for the signature keys of the stock ROM I have . I read somewhere that we can digitally sign zip files . So if it is the zip file that is not matching , then I can sign the zip file to the same signature key of ROM ????? Or if it is the android.rsa certificate, whose signature is mismatching , then is there some way to sign it too ?



 



 

Can you boot in stock recovery mode or bootloader mode? You should have access to adb or fastboot commands via USB, so you should flash ClockWorkMod recovery, that use volume keys, power key and back key...for a start. Do you have unlocked bootloader?
Search on google for "[TUTORIAL] Create your own UPDATE.ZIP", you'll find AutoSign for any update.zip
 

Edited by adeii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2016 at 1:14 PM, adeii said:

Can you boot in stock recovery mode or bootloader mode? You should have access to adb or fastboot commands via USB, so you should flash ClockWorkMod recovery, that use volume keys, power key and back key...for a start. Do you have unlocked bootloader?
Search on google for "[TUTORIAL] Create your own UPDATE.ZIP", you'll find AutoSign for any update.zip
 

Yes . I can go in stock recovery mode . Isnt that the Stock rom's version of recovery mode with the default "apply update from sd card; wide data;wipe cache" etc options . 

I didnt understand what you meant by bootloader mode . From what little I have read , I thought bootloader is to be unlocked if Custom roms are to be installed . So i didnt understand what you meant by bootloader mode since I am not using custom rom, nor have I ever rooted . Did you mean stock recovery mode ? - > is it the same as bootloader mode ?

The problem with accessing adb commands , i think is I am using Stock ROM + I had never enabled USB debugging while the phone & the phone's touchscreen was in working condition ; so even if I connect my phone via usb wire to PC 1.)adb is not automatically connected even though I have installed the adb drivers in my laptop 2.) I see the "Turn on USB Storage" prompt in my mobile screen when the usb wire is connected to pc i.e. option for mass storage ; but since my touchscreen is not working , I cant press this "Turn on USB storage" option .

Since Huawei G300 is a non-usb otg device , otg mouse is not usable .

If I could have connected my mobile to my PC somehow & use adb , how can I flash ClockWorkMod recovery - is it from my laptop by using an program (i have seen this kind of rooting in online videos) or is it by flashing the custom ROM or CWM recovery using the 'apply update from sd card' option in Stock Recovery Mode ? 

Also wont unlocking bootloader wipe my internal memory as thats what I am trying to retrieve , my internal data ?

My foremost-aim is to retrieve the data in my internal memory or access my phone using Android Screencast which I forgot to mention in my original post . Thats why I am trying to enable USB debugging . I dont mind if I Cant get the phone back to working condition, i just need the data or access to my phone for a while .

Does Huawei Stock Recovery only upload UPDATE.APP or UPDATE.ZIPs ? Cant I upload any third-party zips which have the same signature as the STOCK rom ? I dont understand what the signature of the Stock ROM is called - is it called test-keys or something ? Is it about the name of the Zips that is the reason why it cant be uploaded cause I have Android Recovery "3e" mode in my G300. I read that Android recovery "2e" mode requires the uploaded Zip-files to have the name "UPDATE" i.e update.zip if it has to be uploaded . Does the android recovery 3e have a similar problem - Is my zip file to be uploaded having the name META-INF.zip instead of UPDATE.zip the reason why its not uploaded i.e. does renaming it to update.zip work ?

How can I obtain the signature of the STOCK Rom - I am thinking of mailing huawei for it , but I dont know what signature of a ROM means and if its a test-key or password like string, can I see it in files inside the ROM like build.prop by opening it in notepad ? I asked some people about the matching of signature of ROM with that of Zip - they said its not the signature of the Zip file that must be same , but the signature of the android.rsa Certificate inside the Zip file and that that is the reason why the Zip is not uploaded .

There is a way of downgrading the android recovery from 3e to 2e; which would have been helpful cause 2e uploads unsigned zips . But this downgrading process requires rooting and using the touchcreen to change the settings of an app ; but I cant do neither since my touchscreen is not working and rooting requires unlocking bootloader which will wipe my data .

Regarding signing zips , I saw a program which can batch sign zips . But I dont understand what parameter is to be signed . Dont i need to know the signature of stock rom so as to sign the zip file with the same signature ?

One last thing - If you know, could you give me an idea of what update-script and update-binary files are ?

I know I am asking a lot of questions . Its because I am a noob & I have read bits and bits of articles and posts in the internet and every information is getting jumbled . I have mailed Huawei and even visited their service centers and they have been generally unhelpful and also so because this phone is not supported anymore . I have been pondering over this issue over the last 5 months, trying to solve this issue ; and I only had more failure and more questions since then . 

And thanks for replying !

Edited by nontha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqM_Rb7nCnUOK, in bootloader mode you can unlock bootload with OEM Unlock code you can get for free from Huawei; and you can flash custom recovery, like: http://g300.dazzozo.com/recovery/ with command fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4.img. In CMW you can mount /system, adb pull /system/build.prop to edit persist.adb...=1 and push it back, via USB also can flash superuser.zip. I dont know can you do that with stock recovery in G300. otg mouse works on Y300 with chil360 kernel, should also works on G300,but you need custom ROM (SlimKat) and Y-cable. Or much simple solution: buy bl**dy digitizer for G300 via ebay, aliexpress, amazon etc for less that 10$ and change it by yourself or telephone services may do it for you.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, adeii said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqM_Rb7nCnUOK, in bootloader mode you can unlock bootload with OEM Unlock code you can get for free from Huawei; and you can flash custom recovery, like: http://g300.dazzozo.com/recovery/ with command fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-hybrid-6.0.2.7-u8815-R4.img. In CMW you can mount /system, adb pull /system/build.prop to edit persist.adb...=1 and push it back, via USB also can flash superuser.zip. I dont know can you do that with stock recovery in G300. otg mouse works on Y300 with chil360 kernel, should also works on G300,but you need custom ROM (SlimKat) and Y-cable. Or much simple solution: buy bl**dy digitizer for G300 via ebay, aliexpress, amazon etc for less that 10$ and change it by yourself or telephone services may do it for you.

I did buy a new digitzer and install it in my phone . It didnt work . I bought an extra digitizer and installed it just to ensure that the 1st digitzer was faulty or not . As i mentioned in my comment, It too didnt work . The problem was somewhere in the motherboard of the phone itself, and that the pinpoint location of the fault in the motherboard cant be traced or located , and that the only way to get the phone back to working condition would be to replace the entire board with a new one - > This is what the Huawei service center technician & another third party technician told me . I forgot to mention in my comment that all this problems started when water seeped into my phone 5 months ago when I was riding a bike while it was raining . 

If I replace the board with a new one -> that doesnt help me at all in retrieving the data in the internal memory of my existing board(which is my foremost aim), and so in that regard, a new board is useless .

Another problem is the phone is out of stock(not available) & not supported by Huawei and also it is difficult to procure parts of it other than the digitizer & lcd , like the motherboard, camera parts, usb port board etc AND it is next to impossible to find people who have this phone but dont use it anymore and thus I cant even pluck a board from a second-hand phone even if I wanted to .

I did not approach chip-level servicing (soldering on the motherboard itself & not soldering ports or changing flex-cables) guys though to try to repair the issue in my board as I didnt want to risk my data being wiped or to have my phone back in a completely irreparable condition. Could chip-level servicing guys repair the phone (provided the issue in the board is not complex) , so that I can try this later after I am able to save my data ? - I mean can they repair the problem in the motherboard because of which the digitizer isnt working ?

On another note , I read about JTAG somewhere . Could the location of the problem in the board be found using JTAG ?

I didnt know that OTG mouse was possible with Y300 , since the Y300s and G300s phone came long before OTG and I thought they had weaker hardware which lacked the power to drive the signals for OTG . I thought OTG was possible only in newer phones from Nexus(older version Nexus) onwards which didnt have otg compliant hardware initially but could be tweaked to get otg.

I read a little about Custom Recovery , fastboot & adb yesterday . So I am going to try that today . I didnt do these steps for so long because I had thought my bootloader was locked ; and before doing fastboot, flashing etc ; bootloader unlocking had to be done and that would wipe my data . And i read about rooting procedures wihtout needing bootloader unlocking ; and after that , the phones settings could somehow be tweaked using rooting superuser access ? ; but I was too afraid of phone being bricked and all .

Thats why I settled for the procedure I mentioned in my 1st comment which I downloaded the official stock rom -> extracted the system.img from it -> opened app folder -> renamed any apk file to zip file i.e. apk-name.zip -> extracted this new zip file-> opened Meta-inf folder->copy-pasted updater-script and update-binary and build.prop to the folder which already had android.rsa(certificate), manifest.mf and cert.sf - > archived or compressed the folder to meta-inf.zip; just like I read in the article in the link I had mentioned . And i thought since this zip file was thus extracted from the downloaded stock ROM itself (which is the same version Stock Rom in my phone) , it would bypass the signature verification in my phone when i uploaded this zip using "apply update from sd card" in recovery ; but it didnt work . And I dont know why . I dont know in detail how this method works , I am just following the steps laid by someone . I would be really glad if I could understand why this method could work . This procedure would have been helpful if it worked because then I didnt need to flash any custom ROM or recovery cause I could have done all this with the Stock ROM itself , thus reducing the chances of wiping my data .

Only yesterday did I learn that my stock rom was already bootloader unlocked i.e. the phone was released by Huawei with the bootloader unlocked . I am using stock GB 2.3.6 . Only from the official ICS update to newer versions was the bootloader locked . I am going to check today whether my bootloader is unlocked using fastboot .

Also thanks for that link of dazzozo! . Thats going to be very helpful .

Edited by nontha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Hangouts work with microG and FakeGapps installed?

Edit: Tested it both on this and slimkat 9.0, it doesn't work. But hey, atleast Gplay works...

Edited by Gintoki98
tested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On nedelja, 30. oktobar 2016. at 6:17 PM, Gintoki98 said:

Does Hangouts work with microG and FakeGapps installed?

Edit: Tested it both on this and slimkat 9.0, it doesn't work. But hey, atleast Gplay works...

Does YouTube works? If not, try Lucky Patcher to "remove dependencies" from it - it should works now. Maybe similar for HO works to.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried it, doesn't work, but nice idea... Found this patched version of hangouts that works. All credits to funkypc on XDA, which is where I found this link. If it doesn't work, install it as system app with Lucky Patcher.

Edited by Gintoki98
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×