You can now buy Huawei / Honor quick chargers in the UK

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

It's a little known fact that Huawei / Honor devices with Kirin processors support Quick Charge. Not Qualcomm Quick Charge you understand, but a Kirin specific variant. This means a specific charger is required, something that has always been incredibly hard to find. Happily, they are now available to purchase via eBay.

Spotted by our very own Simon, the chargers will set you back £9.99 from this Ebay auction, which includes postage. You can also pay an extra £2 and get an official Huawei USB A to Type C cable. This is the first time the UK 3 Pin version has been widely available, with stock having been limited to EU or US configurations before now.

When using the adaptor on a supported device (note, only Kirin devices, the Snapdragon powered 5X isn't supported), your phone will be pulling 9V / 2A and will gain a considerable turn of charging speed. You'll also see 'Fast Charging' on the screen so you know everything is working.

If you pick one up, let us know how you find it! Now... if only there was a Kirin Quick Charge battery bank...

View full item

The auction photos make them look dodgy but I can confirm they are completely legitimate chargers. 

I bought mine on the 12th of September and paid the basic £1.99 postage. Arrived in the UK on the 18th and I received it on the 22nd of September. You can get free delivery but it had an ETA of a month and I didn't want to wait that long! 

Guest SilentBob

So when charging an Honor 7 using the supplied charger and cable I should see the "Fast Charging" message? There is no such message displayed on my son's Honor 7. And, tbh, he has always claimed that his charging isn't particularly fast. I have always put this down to him expecting miracle charging times, but perhaps it isn't then? Surely fast charging isn't an option that needs to be turned on in a settings menu somewhere, is it?

Guest Voxpop2011

Just clicked through to that ebay seller and the price is now £4.99.  I am not in the market for fast charging, but it doesn't hurt to spread the word.

Guest Roboffabike
23 hours ago, Roboffabike said:

Mine arrived within a week but doesn't appear to 'fast charge's (p9 L09). Anyone else used this with the p9?

Swapped the cable over from the standard Huawei charger and it now works.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest AaronWhite

I hope that this is a legitimate version and it will work properly. Because with the Huawei devices, it's easier and more comfortable to search for writing essays online service on the web that with other devices. I think it would be great if the official distributor would support this charger. Also, it would be awesome to hear some feedback from people who already purchased them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tom.koval

Hi

I got my one today and it doesn't quick charge my Honor 5C.

But it does quick charge my wife Samsung Galaxy 6S !

Did I got wrong one ?
I tried with different cables but still the same.

Tom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.