[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][4.4.4] Dirty Unicorns 8.2 for Huawei Ascend Y300/G510

Guest adeii

Disclaimer

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

ROM INFO
Dirty Unicorns is a project that started out with no name. It was a project that was first based off AOKP back in the early days of Jelly Bean. In the early days it was just a one man show on one device, the EVO 3D. Since then, many others have joined the project and it has grown exponentially.
 "We have seen a lot of talent contribute to this project of ours. Big or small, the focus was always on contributing to the community. That is ultimately why we do what we do. After Jelly Bean, we decided to move to a new base, OmniROM. While AOKP was fun, OmniROM proved to be even more exciting base because it challenged us to see what we could do with a project that had different goals in mind. We learned a lot and again, gain contributors. With Lollipop, we moved to an AOSP base with a lot of patches from CAF to make our older devices function as they should. We grew even more and learned a whole lot more."

2016_09_26_081556.png2016_09_26_081903.png2016_09_26_082107.png

2016_09_26_082130.png2016_09_26_082320.png2016_09_26_081802.png

2016_09_26_081535.png2016_09_26_082514.png2016_09_26_082618.png

Installation instructions

Format (System will be formated by flashing) Data, Cache & Dalvik/ART Cache (factory reset)
. Install ROM
. Install OpenGApps if required
. Reboot

FLASHABLE ROM Download Links

1st build Y300: MEGA.nz [176 MB]

2nd build Y300: MEGA.nz [182 MB]

3rd build Y300/G510: MEGA.nz [183 MB]

G510 OC kernel 1.3GHz {NOT TESTED}: MEGA.nz [6MB]   / original, not-OC, working  MEGA.nz [6MB]

missing FMRadio/FMRecord apps: MEGA.nz [1MB]

Alternative bootanimation (thanks to Trapezio) : MEGA.nz [0.7 MB]

GAPPS:

OpenGApps ARM

Other Links
 Dirty Unicorns G+ community - https://plus.google.com/communities/109738128866939227235

Github - https://github.com/DirtyUnicorns

Huawei Device tree - https://github.com/adeii/DU-Y300

Credits/Thanks to

chil360, at the first, developer who made whole device tree, kernal and SlimKat-Y300
All DU Team (Team D.I.R.T)

Mr Voland, pesartom, abayani, Trapezio and other for (beta-)testing this ROM!

Contributors
adeii
ROM OS Version: 4.4.4 KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

ChangeLog

* 2nd Y300 build: bootanimation resized, with noise fx

switching internal/external SD fixed   #   GPS works

Kernel Auditor free, Xposed installer and Total Commander are added

* 3rd build: bluetooth tethering fix

replaced torch app, now works with tiles

CPU gov. hyper, 245MHz-1008MHz, as default;  OC to 1046MHz

support NFC (G510 only)

G510 overclocked kernel : enabled overclocking to 1.3 GHz (thanks to wbrambley)

Edited by adeii
new kernel

Guest Mr Voland

Finally! Thanks for this. I'm going to test it tonight.

Is there problems with keyboard after flashing gapps?

Edit: no problems with keyboard

Edited by Mr Voland

Guest Mr Voland

Rom is very smooth, lots of features, it lags only if you enable too much features (obviously), camera works.

I will use it if bugs don't start coming up. Only strange thing once i had to off and on wifi because i was connected but couldn't go to internet (maybe just my internet sucks).

Thanks for rom once more time

Nothing special but bootanimation is too large for our screen or something text above and belowe DU logo is partially visible

When I open viber I get message that viber has stopped, when open it again it works fine, also when someone calls me on viber I get the same message, so I can't answer the call. Also from time to time viber has stopped mesage prompts randomly, and viber has dissapeared from accounts section in settings, but when I succefully open app it works fine can call and message, but if I go to another app viber don't work.

Anyone has solution for this, or it is rom bug?

Edited by Mr Voland

On ponedeljak, 26. septembar 2016. at 11:27 PM, Mr Voland said:

Rom is very smooth, lots of features, it lags only if you enable too much features (obviously), camera works.

I will use it if bugs don't start coming up. Only strange thing once i had to off and on wifi because i was connected but couldn't go to internet (maybe just my internet sucks).

Thanks for rom once more time

Nothing special but bootanimation is too large for our screen or something text above and belowe DU logo is partially visible

When I open viber I get message that viber has stopped, when open it again it works fine, also when someone calls me on viber I get the same message, so I can't answer the call. Also from time to time viber has stopped mesage prompts randomly, and viber has dissapeared from accounts section in settings, but when I succefully open app it works fine can call and message, but if I go to another app viber don't work.

Anyone has solution for this, or it is rom bug?

Thanks a lot! WiFi is stable, but maybe weaker signal, EDGE would disconnect and reconnect some times. Yes, bootanim is  590x697, instead of 480x800, it should be fixed later. update: now is resized and have sizzling effect on booting instead of 6 static frames of unicorn.

Yes, viber random crashes from start, but it works, the same situation I have on SlimKat 9 Legacy, cause it's the same kernel (and not on SlimLP), maybe SlimKat 9 CAF kernel would solve Viber? update: CAF kernel is not compatible at all, display is black all the time.

Edited by adeii

Guest Mr Voland

@adeii yes you are right the same problem was on slimkat, please try to solve that I use viber alot

Also some tiles in quick settings don't work 2g/3g switcher, torch and some other can't remeber now, and optimising app screen shows everytime I boot the phone and one weird thing low edge of screen doesn't react to touch so I need to press uper half on space on keyboard othervise it doesnt react it's more noticable when keyboard is in landscape mode

Edited by Mr Voland

Guest Trapezio

I have founded two bugs:

1) Random reboot if I copy a group of files from computer

2) Android continues to use internal storage even when I set the external sd as the primary

Edited by Trapezio

On sreda, 28. septembar 2016. at 10:19 PM, Trapezio said:

I have founded two bugs:

2) Android continues to use internal storage even when I set the external sd as the primary

I sorry to heard that. 1 - it reboots for files bigger than some size, exp. 80MB only via WIFI or via USB also?

2 - one of solution can be flashing boot.img where SD's are swapped.  update: tested and it's not working.

Edited by adeii

On sreda, 28. septembar 2016. at 10:19 PM, Trapezio said:

I have founded two bugs:

2) Right! Problem with Settings.apk or /bin/vold, must be recompiled both, if copied from other ROMs make internal SD unusable.

On sreda, 28. septembar 2016. at 7:20 PM, Mr Voland said:

@adeii Maybe ultrakernel can solve viber bug there is version for cm11 and and slimkat legacy, so maybe you can implement it

Works fine with SlimKat 9.0 legacy and DU 8.2 :) I don't have Viber crash after boot... maybe you should work fine. Whats your experience with it?

On sreda, 28. septembar 2016. at 4:28 PM, abayani said:

i installed this

wifi data camera all ok

battery life is very bad

bluethooth on off bug

What's exactly BT bug, I've not seen nothing problematic.

Set min. CPU freq. from 320Hz to 245 Hz; set CPU government to interactive, hyper or conservative; set I/O to bfc with some kernel tweaker (will be added in next build), dont scan media on every boot, set bigger SD cache (1024kb, 2048kb), maybe Force using 2D hardware etc. for better battery life.  

Guest Mr Voland
On 01/10/2016 at 11:28 PM, adeii said:

Works fine with SlimKat 9.0 legacy and DU 8.2 :) I don't have Viber crash after boot... maybe you should work fine. Whats your experience with it?

I tried too, it was fine some time but later it started crashing again.

On petak, 30. septembar 2016. at 2:43 PM, Trapezio said:

Via USB.

I've tested upload/download to PC via ADB and WiFi (FTP) with new build, seems to work. SD's switching also works.

21 hours ago, Mr Voland said:

I tried too, it was fine some time but later it started crashing again.

Version 5.6 dont crash on boot, but can not download stickers from market. Version 6.3  FC on boot and occasionally but have messages backup. Calling is not tested.

I've restore PFFprec_600.emd and LMprec_508.emd to /media in new build, cause it seems these two files interface a number of phone functions through Google Talk/Hangout and Google video, maybe with Viber, too?!

Try cleaning cache often (not data, nor dalvik-cache) or try older versions: APKMirror

Guest Mr Voland
3 hours ago, adeii said:

Version 5.6 dont crash on boot, but can not download stickers from market. Version 6.3  FC on boot and occasionally but have messages backup. Calling is not tested.

I've restore PFFprec_600.emd and LMprec_508.emd to /media in new build, cause it seems these two files interface a number of phone functions through Google Talk/Hangout and Google video, maybe with Viber, too?!

Try cleaning cache often (not data, nor dalvik-cache) or try older versions: APKMirror

Idk, I don't use DU anymore, viber bug is so anoying, and I can't play some videos on youtube app.

Guest Trapezio
6 hours ago, adeii said:

I've tested upload/download to PC via ADB and WiFi (FTP) with new build, seems to work. SD's switching also works.

Good!