[RECOVERY] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
50 minutes ago, July9 said:

Hello @KonstaT

I have received my Chuwi Hi10 Pro from Gearbest. It comes with Android 5.1 and Windows 10.

The performance is poor, in my opinion, in both Operative Systems, so I would solve this poor performance.

What should I do, root & install TWRP recovery, to finally flash a new Remix OS 2.0 ROM?

Thanks in advance.

PD: Please find attached the Android OS information.

Apparently TWRP doesn't work on Hi10 Pro devices shipped with 20170707 firmware (see above) so there's nothing you can do for now.

Edited by KonstaT

12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Apparently TWRP doesn't work on Hi10 Pro devices shipped with 20170707 firmware (see above) so there's nothing you can do for now.

Woooww... Bad news :( I will follow your website looking for news about this issue. Thanks for your fast support.

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, July9 said:

Woooww... Bad news :( I will follow your website looking for news about this issue. Thanks for your fast support.

Well, you can try if you can boot TWRP or do you have the same issue as the previous user. I'l still need TWRP backup of system partition (already have boot) to make all the compatibility patches, etc since that stock firmware is not available on Chuwi forum.

Edit. I'd assume someone has managed to boot TWRP on this latest batch... http://disq.us/p/1ngonfe

Edited by KonstaT

Guest DrakenFX
4 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Well, you can try if you can boot TWRP or do you have the same issue as the previous user. I'l still need TWRP backup of system partition (already have boot) to make all the compatibility patches, etc since that stock firmware is not available on Chuwi forum.

Check my PM, I send you please....

Guest DrakenFX

@KonstaT
OK here are my NEW Findings.......

fastboot flash recovery Hi10Pro_HQ64.img  = flash the recovery as expected but screen is null and nothing works
fastboot boot Hi10Pro_HQ64.img = works/partial boots to TWRP and have graphical UI but NO touch

here is the funny part now

fastboot flash recovery Hi10Pro-HQ64-20170707.img  = flash the recovery as expected but screen is null and nothing works same as above.
fastboot boot Hi10Pro_HQ64-20170707.img = WORKS boots to TWRP and have graphical UI , touch and i don't see any error on terminal 

so in other words needs for some reason to use boot instead of flash under bootlaoder and you'll be able to use  TWRP on most recent batch

Edited by DrakenFX

• 1 month later...

Hi 

Just got a second hand hi10 plus on 20161108 build

not sure which file to use to install twrp 

recovery-twrp3020-cht_cr_mrd_w.img (Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus)

or

recovery-twrp-3.0.2-0-cht_cr_mrd_w.zip (Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus - TWRP flashable)

whats the difference in the flashable file ?

thanks in advance for your help

Guest KonstaT
33 minutes ago, pk24 said:

Hi 

Just got a second hand hi10 plus on 20161108 build

not sure which file to use to install twrp 

recovery-twrp3020-cht_cr_mrd_w.img (Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus)

or

recovery-twrp-3.0.2-0-cht_cr_mrd_w.zip (Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus - TWRP flashable)

whats the difference in the flashable file ?

thanks in advance for your help

.img is for flashing with fastboot.

.zip is if you already have a previous TWRP installed and you want to update.

31 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

.img is for flashing with fastboot.

.zip is if you already have a previous TWRP installed and you want to update.

thanks for quick reply  , obvious when you think about it , feel stupid now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Sorry if OOT

I have chuwi hi8 pro 201708 and i try flash with twrp 2016 but unfortunately touchscreen,wifi,bluetooth and camera does not work.

And try porting only kernel with android image kitchen,touchscreen already work but wifi,bluetooth and camera still not work (force close ).

Any body can help me to find specific twrp for my chuwi hi8 pro 201708 or teach me how to porting for my device.

I really need your help

Thank in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lexxtor

Hello and sorry for bothering you. I have a problem installing TWRP. I have got VI10plus Remix build B2016080801 . First thing - i have not "Android debugging" parameter in developer option. i just have only usb debugging and oem unlocking, If i run "adb reboot bootloader " from terminal got message: device not found , but device is connected as media device. Tryed from 2 computers from win 7 and win10.

Thank you for help....

• 3 months later...
Guest ben1977

Hello,

Could you please repost the TWRP for 20170707 firmware ?

The links on  the page 6 of this thread are unfortunately dead :-(

And DrakenFX seems to have used it with success ! "fastboot boot Hi10Pro_HQ64-20170707.img = WORKS boots to TWRP and have graphical UI , touch and i don't see any error on terminal "

Thank you very much !

PS By the way, I've tried to send a PM to DrakenFX, but maybe because I'm a newbie on this forum the part "message" is greyed and I can't send anything :-(

Edited by ben1977
addendum

• 1 month later...
Guest fgaine

I did flash twrp, format partition, install disable dm-verity and that went fine. However when I rebooted to Android I had lost the touchscreen response. So all I can do now is force shutdown the tablet. This doesn't seem to have affected Windows. What should I do to recover touchscreen function??...

• 2 months later...
Guest degreatone

I have a Hi10 pro with serial number HQ64G42171001586 and build number 20170707.095341release-keys, my aim is to flash twrp and of the custom ROMs provided on this forum. Being a noob, is it safe to flash the HQ64 recovery?

• 1 month later...
Guest HulaHoops
On 1/11/2018 at 7:31 PM, lexxtor said:

Hello and sorry for bothering you. I have a problem installing TWRP. I have got VI10plus Remix build B2016080801 . First thing - i have not "Android debugging" parameter in developer option. i just have only usb debugging and oem unlocking, If i run "adb reboot bootloader " from terminal got message: device not found , but device is connected as media device. Tryed from 2 computers from win 7 and win10.

Thank you for help....

I have the same problem, I have a 2016 model I believe.  I have installed Cyanogen Mod 12.1 (5.1) and Windows 10, but I don't have TWRP installed.  I can't remember how I did it though!  I want to install the Lineage android now.  I have tried turning on usb debugging and oem unlocking in Cyanogen but I never get a request screen come up for usb debugging permission.  I have the Intel drivers installed but as far as I can see it's not showing a connection to the Hi10 Pro.  I am using 1803 Win 10 x64, wonder if that has something to do with it.  I tried putting it in fastboot mode and flashing but it just says waiting for device or something and nothing happens.

Thanks

Edited by HulaHoops
formatting

• 6 months later...
Guest kharkoal

Can't seem to get TWRP on my Hi10 Pro. The device is recognized when booted normally but when in bootloader or recovery it never comes up under adb devices, even though it shows up as a device on my Windows computer.

• 2 months later...