[HOWTO] Disable dm-verity and root Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook & Hibook Pro

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

Prerequisites:
You need to have the latest stock firmware and TWRP recovery installed. See 'Settings -> About Tablet' on your device and choose the file that matches your stock firmware version. Important!!! Do not install these files on mismatching firmware versions!

Supported stock firmware versions:
Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus: Remix OS B2016080801
Vi10 Plus: stock Android 20160803
Hi10 Plus: Remix OS B2016092601
Hi10 Plus (z8350): Remix OS B2016092102
Hi10 Plus (z8350): Android 20161108
Hi10 Pro: Remix OS B2016081102
Hi10 Pro: stock Android 20161102
Hi10 Pro (z8350 - serial no HQ64): Android 20161208
Hibook: stock Android 20160422
Hibook Pro: stock Android 20160906
Hibook Pro: stock Android 20161025

How to disable dm-verity:
1. Download zip below suitable for your device and copy it to your device's sdcard.
2. Boot to TWRP recovery.
3. Install zip in TWRP.

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/stock-disable-dmverity

How to gain root access in Android:
1. Disable dm-verity (see above).
2. Download SuperSU zip and copy it to your device's sdcard.
3. Boot to TWRP recovery.
4. Install SuperSU zip in TWRP.

Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest LaszloToth

I tried flashing  B2016080801 on a Hi10 Plus, but the install didn't work. Remix would boot, and the wallpaper would pop up on the screen, but then the screen would continuously flash on and off, not recognizing touch input. I flashed 20160803 instead, and it seems to be working fine. 

Guest KonstaT
53 minutes ago, LaszloToth said:

I tried flashing  B2016080801 on a Hi10 Plus, but the install didn't work. Remix would boot, and the wallpaper would pop up on the screen, but then the screen would continuously flash on and off, not recognizing touch input. I flashed 20160803 instead, and it seems to be working fine. 

That's just wrong on so many levels. Always use the file that matches the stock firmware version on your device!

B2016080801 patch works fine. It's actually the only one of these I've tested on my own device. ;) Most likely you haven't installed the B2016072501->B2016080801 OTA (or is there OTA to some different version on Hi10 Plus?) and that is the reason why it's giving you trouble.

Guest LaszloToth
4 hours ago, KonstaT said:

That's just wrong on so many levels. Always use the file that matches the stock firmware version on your device!

B2016080801 patch works fine. It's actually the only one of these I've tested on my own device. ;) Most likely you haven't installed the B2016072501->B2016080801 OTA (or is there OTA to some different version on Hi10 Plus?) and that is the reason why it's giving you trouble.

Now that everything is back and working again, I can see in my tablet settings that it is indeed running B2016092601, even though the zip that I flashed was 20160803.

Is it possible that you switched folder labels when you packed the zip files? Either way, thanks for releasing this, the device is so much better with root!

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, LaszloToth said:

Now that everything is back and working again, I can see in my tablet settings that it is indeed running B2016092601, even though the zip that I flashed was 20160803.

Is it possible that you switched folder labels when you packed the zip files? Either way, thanks for releasing this, the device is so much better with root!

OK, so the problem is that you're running newer firmware. Files and labels here are fine. I just haven't done anything that is meant for B2016092601 because I did't know it even excisted. You must have received OTA just yesterday?

Can you upload the OTA zip somewhere? Maybe it includes fixes for the freezing & keyboard dock issue (fingers crossed). You can find the OTA file in a directory called 'autoupdater' on your sdcard. File should be called something like 'signed_incremental_cw_vi10plus_eu_2.0-5.1.1-B2016080801-B2016092601.zip'.

You still shouldn't have installed a file that doesn't match your firmware version. Basically you're now running Remix OS with stock Android's boot image and it's not fine though things are seemingly working. I'll make a proper patch for B2016092601 when I get my hands on the update.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest LaszloToth

I'm not finding the OTA file or autoupdater directory anywhere. This is a Hi10 plus that was ordered from Gearbest and just received last week, so maybe they're now shipping with the newer firmware?

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, LaszloToth said:

I'm not finding the OTA file or autoupdater directory anywhere. This is a Hi10 plus that was ordered from Gearbest and just received last week, so maybe they're now shipping with the newer firmware?

I guess that's possible, too. Latest firmware in Chuwi's site for Vi10/Hi10 Plus is B2016072501 (same one my device was shipped with) and then there was an OTA to B2016080801. I'd expect Chuwi to push out an OTA to B2016092601 as well.

Did you happen to create a backup in TWRP before you flashed anything from this thread? Can you upload boot and system files from that backup (these don't have any of your personal data - don't upload data)?

Edited by KonstaT

• 4 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, tipo0011 said:

Can it disable the dm-verity also on Chuwi hi10 plus x8350? Or it is only suitable for x8300 devices?

It's only for the firmware versions listed in the first post. Apparently there's now Hi10 Plus and Hi10 Pro devices with z8350.

This was just discussed above (actually the only thing that's been discussed in this thread ;)). I can make a proper patch for the B2016092601 build if/when someone posts a boot image for that firmware.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest matrixsoul
On 11/28/2016 at 1:19 PM, KonstaT said:

It's only for the firmware versions listed in the first post. Apparently there's now Hi10 Plus and Hi10 Pro devices with z8350.

This was just discussed above (actually the only thing that's been discussed in this thread ;)). I can make a proper patch for the B2016092601 build if/when someone posts a boot image for that firmware.

I have a Hi10 Plus with a z8350 and a B2016092102 built (latest one when trying to update). To sent you a boot image should I just install TWRP from your other thread and backup the boot image ?

Guest KonstaT
45 minutes ago, matrixsoul said:

I have a Hi10 Plus with a z8350 and a B2016092102 built (latest one when trying to update). To sent you a boot image should I just install TWRP from your other thread and backup the boot image ?

Don't install, just 'fastboot boot recovery.img' first. Then create backup in TWRP before you do anything else. Please upload boot and system files from that backup (don't upload data backup as it can have your personal data).

Guest KonstaT

Just to let everyone know Remix OS on Chuwi devices ships with some adware/malware preinstalled. You might want to remove that once you get root access.

Vi10 Plus & Hi10 Plus Remix OS B2016080801 - /system/app/TeleyService_50425/TeleyService_50425.apk
Hi10 Plus (z8350)  Remix OS B2016092102 - /system/app/TeleyService/TeleyService.apk
Hi10 Pro  Remix OS B2016081102 - /system/app/TeleyService/TeleyService.apk

Here's the virustotal I ran.

Guest matrixsoul
6 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Added B2016092102 dm-verity patch to OP and stock recovery to TWRP thread.

B2016092601 still MIA.

Thanks! Seems to be working just fine. Got root and deleted TeleyService.

Guest KonstaT
52 minutes ago, absolut33 said:

Thanks.

How to disable drm-verity in Chuwi hi12?

What is the reason exactly?

You only need to do this if you're going to run stock firmware and want to modify /system. You don't need to do this if you're going to flash custom ROM straight away.

Guest absolut33
What is the reason exactly?

You only need to do this if you're going to run stock firmware and want to modify /system. You don't need to do this if you're going to flash custom ROM straight away.

To install remix and then apply widevine patch

Guest KonstaT
38 minutes ago, absolut33 said:

In tutorial of these link say that you must disable dm-verity

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/378147-[HOWTO]-Fix-'freezing-issue'-&-'keyboard-dock-wake-issue'-for-Chuwi-Vi10-Plus-&-Hi10-Plus

Well, disable dm-verity if you're running stock firmware. All custom ROMs I've posted here come with dm-verity already disabled (CM12.1, CM13, Remix OS).

If you're planning to install this Remix OS on your Hi12, you don't need to do this first.

Guest el_Salmon

SuperSU doesn't work for me with LinuxDeploy app after some seconds. It seems SuperSU works fine but doesn't detect LinuxDeploy is trying to get root access after some seconds. I have installed Busybox from XDA

Guest benda95280

Hello,

I've installed TWRP, but it was no more booting to RemixOs.

So i've installed this patch, and it boot now.
But i haven't Wifi, cannot activate it.
My version is:  Remix OS B2016080802

Any idea ? :)

Thanks

Guest KonstaT
8 hours ago, benda95280 said:

Hello,

I've installed TWRP, but it was no more booting to RemixOs.

So i've installed this patch, and it boot now.
But i haven't Wifi, cannot activate it.
My version is:  Remix OS B2016080802

Any idea ? :)

Thanks

What device is that? There's no patch for B2016080802 so you shouldn't have installed any of these (mismatching kernel modules is why your wifi, bt, audio, cameras, sensors, etc are not working anymore). OP quite clearly states not to install these patches on mismatching firmware versions!

If you upload boot image from a TWRP backup you've made, I can create a patch for B2016080802. Or you can install one of the ROMs (CM12.1, CM13, Remix OS).