[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest davigar

Hi @KonstaTthanks for the amazing work.

I have a Chuwi Hibook Pro and i flashed your rom. Everything works except the touchscreen (Kernel problem). If i flash the stock hibook pro kernel but the tablet doesn't boot. I guess that's a dm-verity problem.

EDIT: After disable dm-verity the bootanimation logo appears but it remains there and does not boot. Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks

Edited by davigar

9 hours ago, davigar said:

I have a Chuwi Hibook Pro and i flashed your rom. Everything works except the touchscreen (Kernel problem). If i flash the stock hibook pro kernel but the tablet doesn't boot. I guess that's a dm-verity problem.

EDIT: After disable dm-verity the bootanimation logo appears but it remains there and does not boot. Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks

I've also tested on Hibook Pro with a mouse, and it works really great (except the touchscreen, obviously), much smoother than the stock ROM. There are some other problems that should be fixed for Hibook Pro, though:

1) The screen DPI is too low, it is 320 on Hibook Pro

2) The battery was only detected as 6500 mWh instead of 8000 that is installed in Hibook Pro

Guest risoterapia

Sad for me the keyboard draining battery problem. Just now the system has rebooted when I was loging to an unnoficial version of Spotify through Facebook. Strange

But, in any case ROM is very very fast and stable. Not solution for battery with keyboard? I tried putting a pin code on blocked screen but no results

Guest FatFreddyDK

When i got my vi10plus (Remix only) i first flashed twrp, kept it read only and made a full backup.

I then tried Chuwi pure android and your cm port.

Now i have tried to restore my backup in twrp. Firstly it couldnt restore system as twrp was in read only mode. I then mounted system in twrp and then restored backup successfull, but now i cant get past Chuwi boot screen.

Could you please help me with a step by step on how i can restore my backup?

Guest risoterapia

I think I've found a solution to battery consumption on Android keyboard. It is not the best but I need you test it to confirm.

Having noticed that while loading the type-c Cable tablet is atacched, screen doesn´t wake every 30 seconds even if it is connected to the keyboard, I have and idea: attach into that slot one OTG adapter and voila! It works!

I tried to put a simple cable (not connected to a charger) and does not work. And It does not work either attach a micro-USB in its port.

t's a bit sloppy but ... I do not know is why it works, but that it ought to guess that you know this.

My otg cable is very simple and cheap, this one: http://www.igogo.es/product473786.html

It is something short for our tablet. All you have to do is cut with a cutter the rubber part surrounding the connector.

I hope your opinions and tests.

photo_2016-10-19_15-26-01.jpg

Guest KonstaT
On 10/17/2016 at 10:38 PM, yener90 said:

I made a few mods for HI10 Pro therefore i know VI10 Plus files work on HI10 Pro.

This one works. Thank you.

Maybe you can port it:

https://www.medion.com/de/service/start/_product.php?msn=30021575&gid=3

Its 6.0 for our tablets. I tried to port it, but needs zImage modification 

AFAIK Hi10 Pro has different display panel so that's a little surprising. It might be better idea to do a proper compatibility patch for Hi10 Pro.

There's no kernel source for this device so no way to modify zImage. CM13/CM14 route is more probable than porting Marshmallow stock firmware from some other device. I wasn't even aware there was one available any Cherry Trail device. Could be useful for some binary drivers but that's about it.

20 hours ago, risoterapia said:

Curious. Meanwhile tablet is charging, with keyboard plugged in, doesn't wake up the screen...

That's because device doesn't even try to enter deep sleep mode when charging. I have dmesg of the keyboard dock issue but haven't had time to really look into it yet.

18 hours ago, davigar said:

Thanks

Can't mix and match boot images. Might look into making proper compatibility patches for Hi10 Pro and HiBook Pro next week.

6 hours ago, FatFreddyDK said:

When i got my vi10plus (Remix only) i first flashed twrp, kept it read only and made a full backup.

I then tried Chuwi pure android and your cm port.

Now i have tried to restore my backup in twrp. Firstly it couldnt restore system as twrp was in read only mode. I then mounted system in twrp and then restored backup successfull, but now i cant get past Chuwi boot screen.

Could you please help me with a step by step on how i can restore my backup?

That's because of dm-verity. You need to restore 'System Image' backup or fastboot flash stock system image. Or you can flash the boot image that disables dm-verity after restoring your regular system backup. Someone already had the same issue and explained it here: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/twrp-root-available-for-chuwi-vi10-plus-cyanogenmod-12-1-coming-soontm/

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

AFAIK Hi10 Pro has different display panel so that's a little surprising. It might be better idea to do a proper compatibility patch for Hi10 Pro.

There's no kernel source for this device so no way to modify zImage. CM13/CM14 route is more probable than porting Marshmallow stock firmware from some other device. I wasn't even aware there was one available any Cherry Trail device. Could be useful for some binary drivers but that's about it

I knowed that. There is only touchscreen and audio issue, wlan bluetooth gpu usb ports worked perfect.

Wouldn't it bring something if we would have sources of that medion device?

Testing CM12.1 i realized that i have some troubles:

- Bluetooth doesn't work properly (at least for BLE devices) 

- pen doesn't work properly, its really weak. With stock VI10 Plus it worked normal, so its not exactly HI10 Pro related.

Guest davigar
6 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Can't mix and match boot images. Might look into making proper compatibility patches for Hi10 Pro and HiBook Pro next week.

You are right, with the September OTA kernel (better touchscreen responsiveness) and dm-verity disable is still bootloop. I can`t wait for the compatibility patches! thanks for your hard work!

Guest FatFreddyDK

Since you guys know a lot more about android than me, i will ask for your help regarding my 2 vi10plus (2gb/32gb remix only) and the freezing again and again. Many others have same problem. 

Do any of you have the same tablet and/or same problem?

I had, and sold unfortunately, a Teclast X98 plus also running Remix os 2.0, but running without problems. Would it be possible to use rom or part of rom from Teclast some way? Cpu/gpu settings or drivers if such are present in android?

How would you troubleshoot the problem?

I know it could be so many things causing these freezes. I have a pipo m6 pro which rebooted randomly for month and month untill a kind soul at freaktab made me a kernel with the right voltage for my "very unlucky" cpu and it has been running for years now without one single reboot.

It's a fantastic tablet when it works but useless when it freeze all the time.

Guest risoterapia

UPDATE

After all night with OTG adaptor and keyboard both attached, screen doesn´t wake up but doesn´t go into sleep mode.  I put it in airplane mode when the battery was at 63%. When I woke up It was in 32%. Sad!
I think it's a problem with the kernel for this SOC scheduled or just a bad driver, but in any case makes android tablet mode very little usable.

A couple screen records from Better Battery Stats

photo_2016-10-20_09-40-14.jpg

photo_2016-10-20_09-40-06.jpg

Guest KonstaT
On 10/19/2016 at 9:31 PM, yener90 said:

Testing CM12.1 i realized that i have some troubles:

- Bluetooth doesn't work properly (at least for BLE devices) 

- pen doesn't work properly, its really weak. With stock VI10 Plus it worked normal, so its not exactly HI10 Pro related.

I have a BLE heart rate monitor. I'll test that later.

I have the stylus pen as well. I consider it barely working in stock Remix OS, too. It seems to be even more choppy with CM12.1. There could be some binary drivers missing in CM12.1, I'll check that out later as well.

Guest KonstaT
On 10/18/2016 at 7:49 AM, ZimM said:

Great job here!

Any chance for releasing the source code? I'd like to try port to this to Chuwi Hibook Pro. It is pretty much the same device, except that the screen has different resolution, so it should fairly easy.

Thanks!

https://github.com/CM-CHT

Guest davigar
On 19/10/2016 at 5:35 PM, KonstaT said:

Hi @KonstaT I extract stock and your cm12.1 boot.img and I put stock boot.img-zImage in your kernel and I repack and flash it. Now my hibook pro starts and touchscreen is working but wifi and bluetooth doesn't when with your kernel the did it. any advice?

Thanks!!

Edited by davigar

Guest KonstaT
33 minutes ago, davigar said:

Hi @KonstaT I extract stock and your cm12.1 boot.img and I put stock boot.img-zImage in your kernel and I repack and flash it. Now my hibook pro starts and touchscreen is working but wifi and bluetooth doesn't when with your kernel the did it. any advice?

Thanks!!

You need to use kernel modules matching your zImage as well. They're either in /system/lib/modules or /lib/modules in kernel ramdisk on stock firmware. Replace the ones in CM's /system/lib/modules.

Plan was to make compatibility patches for Hi10 Pro and Hibook Pro sometime this week. Already downloaded the factory firmware for both. Going to need some testers at some point.

Just to round up, these are the issues?
Hi10 Pro: Touchscreen & audio doesn't work?
Hibook Pro: Touchscreen doesn't work but audio works? Wrong display density?

Guest davigar
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

You need to use kernel modules matching your zImage as well. They're either in /system/lib/modules or /lib/modules in kernel ramdisk on stock firmware. Replace the ones in CM's /system/lib/modules.

I replace the kernel modules in CM's and wifi and bluetooth still doesn't work.

Just to round up, these are the issues?
Hi10 Pro: Touchscreen & audio doesn't work?
Hibook Pro: Touchscreen doesn't work but audio works? Wrong display density?

In hibook pro the issues are:

• Screen density (I change to 320 in build.prop)
  • Wifi and bluetooth with the stock kernel zimage (with CM's kernel are fine)
  • Touchscreen doesn't work with your kernel but it's fine with stock zimage.
  • Audio works with your kernel but when I change to zimage stock kernel doesn't work

Going to need some testers at some point.

I can test your builds

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, davigar said:

I replace the kernel modules in CM's and wifi and bluetooth still doesn't work.

In hibook pro the issues are:

• Screen density (I change to 320 in build.prop)
  • Wifi and bluetooth with the stock kernel zimage (with CM's kernel are fine)
  • Touchscreen doesn't work with your kernel but it's fine with stock zimage.
  • Audio works with your kernel but when I change to zimage stock kernel doesn't work

I can test your builds

Kernel modules are from the same build you took the zImage from? Did you set the correct file permissions (644)? Use 'lsmod' command in terminal to verify that modules are actually loaded.

Wifi, bluetooth, audio and camera won't work if you don't have the kernel modules loaded.

Here's a patch for you to test. Do you need TWRP image as well?

cm-12.1-20161014-cht_cr_mrd_w-HibookPro.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767103770
md5:dc82cdefc259380d6c4d02ba20e8e77a

Also can someone clarify the situation on Hi10 Pro? Did I misunderstand something and everything 'just works™'.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia
13 minutes ago, yener90 said:

Hi10 Pro there is no problem. It works perfectly.

The files are the same for vi10 plus/hi10 plus and pro? (twrp, ROM,  vi10plus-disable-dmverity-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip, etc).

Thanks in advance

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, yener90 said:

Hi10 Pro there is no problem. It works perfectly.

OK. I still find that a bit strange because of the different display (and touchscreen?) hardware. I guess the kernel supports both.

55 minutes ago, risoterapia said:

The files are the same for vi10 plus/hi10 plus and pro? (twrp, ROM,  vi10plus-disable-dmverity-RemixOS-B2016080801.zip, etc).

Thanks in advance

CM12.1 and TWRP are the same for Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus and Hi10 Pro. Hibook Pro is going to need a patch for CM12.1 and different TWRP image. Anyone have Hi12 and interested in testing something?

Dm-verity patch is the same for Vi10 Plus and Hi10 Plus. Hi10 Pro and Hibook Pro need different patches that match their stock firmware. Can someone confirm that these are the latest stock firmware versions? Hi10 Pro - Remix OS B2016081102? Hibook Pro - stock Android eng.softteam.20160616.110231?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest davigar
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

cm-12.1-20161014-cht_cr_mrd_w-HibookPro.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767103770
md5:dc82cdefc259380d6c4d02ba20e8e77a

I don't need TWRP image, I modified you twrp image from Hi10 Plus and it works perfectly with Hibook pro. I flash the patch and all is working except camera. 

Can someone confirm that these are the latest stock firmware versions? Hi10 Pro - Remix OS B2016081102? Hibook Pro - stock Android eng.softteam.20160616.110231?

For Hibook pro latest stock Android is eng.softteam.20160906.102313 I can upload a TWRP image if you want.

Guest KonstaT
33 minutes ago, davigar said:

I don't need TWRP image, I modified you twrp image from Hi10 Plus and it works perfectly with Hibook pro. I flash the patch and all is working except camera. 

For Hibook pro latest stock Android is eng.softteam.20160906.102313 I can upload a TWRP image if you want.

Yeah, I meant that Hibook Pro needs a different TWRP image. I'll create one for everyone later.

Hibook Pro likely has different camera hardware then. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Is eng.softteam.20160906.102313 available for download somewhere? Can you upload boot image and system dump (TWRP backup is fine) if not?

Guest davigar
52 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Yeah, I meant that Hibook Pro needs a different TWRP image. I'll create one for everyone later.

Hibook Pro likely has different camera hardware then. I'll look into it tomorrow.

Is eng.softteam.20160906.102313 available for download somewhere? Can you upload boot image and system dump (TWRP backup is fine) if not?

Here is the system dump

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, davigar said:

Here is the system dump

Thanks. It looks like it has 5mpix ov5648 camera sensor on the back. Will look into what changes it needs tomorrow.

Do you have backup from before you installed SuperSU and modified boot image? I'd need untouched boot partition and original /system/bin/install-recovery.sh to create a stock recovery image and to verify sha1sums for stock boot and recovery images.

Edited by KonstaT

Hello together,

first of all thank you for the cm12 build for this tablet. I just unlocked the bootloader and flashed twrp and installed cm12.
After that I tried to flash Gapps but it ended with error 139. No further messages. Play Services are stopping.

I tried to flash older Gapps but same error code. Without Gapps CM12 boots fine. 
Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Furthemore I noticed that scrolling is very edgy. If i connect usb mouse and scroll with it, everything is fluid and quick, but with finger on touchpad it stutters a lot. Maybe this is bad drivers?

I have Chuwi HI10 Plus.

Thanks for every help and thanks a lot to the dev for this great work!

Guest risoterapia
Hello together,

first of all thank you for the cm12 build for this tablet. I just unlocked the bootloader and flashed twrp and installed cm12.

After that I tried to flash Gapps but it ended with error 139. No further messages. Play Services are stopping.

I tried to flash older Gapps but same error code. Without Gapps CM12 boots fine. 

Anyone knows how to solve this problem?

Furthemore I noticed that scrolling is very edgy. If i connect usb mouse and scroll with it, everything is fluid and quick, but with finger on touchpad it stutters a lot. Maybe this is bad drivers?

I have Chuwi HI10 Plus.

Thanks for every help and thanks a lot to the dev for this great work!

Do the steps from first post. I did it and works like a charm on my hi10 plus!