[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
49 minutes ago, yener90 said:

My one is CWBD3R.

Seems like poor emmc makes freeze for vi10 plus users 

Let's not jump to conclusions. Hi10 Plus has 64gb eMMC and it also suffers from the freeze issue. AFAIK those Ncard eMMC's are only 32gb. Would be interesting to know what eMMC Hi10 Plus has.

I don't have this problem on Hi10 Pro. it doesn't freeze. just the deep sleep bug.

Hi10 Pro also has the keyboard wake issue? Or is this some other deep sleep bug?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90

Yes keyboard issue is also presented here. But for me it also happens on Windows. So its not Android related.

Didnt know Hi10 Plus has also this issue. Maybe its just a coincidence that its not happening for me.

When does this actually happen? I am playing surfing, watching videos and streams. Never freezed.

As you know i had this after boot issue, where screen stayed black. But with you latest update never happened again.

Ah now i read exactly about the freeze issue, same happened for me after boot. notification worked, settings button also, exactly same problem

For me it was the sd card as you know.

Guest FatFreddyDK

Inserted Sd card secures fast freezes, thats for sure.

I think i found out that my two tablets have different displays. Cm12.1 on both and screen settings the same, on one white color on settings page are clear White and other it has a vague yellow tint.

Have tried using terminal emulator but i am to stupid to figure out how to use it.

Guest KonstaT
49 minutes ago, FatFreddyDK said:

I think i found out that my two tablets have different displays. Cm12.1 on both and screen settings the same, on one white color on settings page are clear White and other it has a vague yellow tint.

Settings -> Display & Lights -> LiveDisplay and check you don't have night mode on. IIRC default setting is 'Automatic' so might want to change that to 'Off'.

Guest FatFreddyDK
54 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Settings -> Display & Lights -> LiveDisplay and check you don't have night mode on. IIRC default setting is 'Automatic' so might want to change that to 'Off'.

I found out after flashing same Chuwi android rom on both. On that rom there is not that many settings to fiddle with and i had not touched anything. After flashing back to CM12.1 on the tablet with the yellow tint i can remove a little green on color calibration to get it all white all white.

Edited by FatFreddyDK

Guest davigar
On 28/10/2016 at 2:31 PM, KonstaT said:

New build.

cm-12.1-20161028-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224388281
md5:2d57fa51a6baf9b0a475c7cc5a926b13

-rename device codename to chuwi_vi10plus
-SELinux enforcing
-fix Play Store compatibility with some apps (location permissions)
-build wifi (wpa_supplicant/hostapd) from source
-stylus pen "works"

Hibook Pro patch needs an update, too.

cm-12.1-20161028-chuwi_vi10plus-HibookPro.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224388282
md5:941c7d793ea9741122b3b2add2795a09

Thanks for the update. I have a small question. I have tried many tablets this year and the teclast x98 plus II has the best graphic performance on android. Best than other 1920x1200 tablets. (in windows performance is the same independent of resolution). Could you adapt some of the kernel graphics module of the teclast android rom to our chuwi?

Guest KonstaT
16 hours ago, FatFreddyDK said:

I found out after flashing same Chuwi android rom on both. On that rom there is not that many settings to fiddle with and i had not touched anything. After flashing back to CM12.1 on the tablet with the yellow tint i can remove a little green on color calibration to get it all white all white.

Thermal also changes display's color temperature when the device is running hot. There's even a toast message that pops up when this happens. I see this quite frequently on my iWork8 Ultimate that heats up pretty bad while charging.

10 hours ago, davigar said:

Thanks for the update. I have a small question. I have tried many tablets this year and the teclast x98 plus II has the best graphic performance on android. Best than other 1920x1200 tablets. (in windows performance is the same independent of resolution). Could you adapt some of the kernel graphics module of the teclast android rom to our chuwi?

I highly doubt there any significant difference. No, can't adopt any 'kernel graphics module' (whatever you mean with that?) because there's no kernel source available for either device...

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, mattiesrag said:

Konsta, Any chance of a patch or app to allow Titanium backup write permissions on external sd card? 

SD cards are configured following Android reference. I'm not going to make any hacks that change Android's permission model.

There's no need for any patch anyway. You can use DocumentProvider to let Titanium access external sdcard (read e.g. this guide). Works perfectly fine.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
On 29.10.2016 at 10:41 AM, KonstaT said:

Let's not jump to conclusions. Hi10 Plus has 64gb eMMC and it also suffers from the freeze issue. AFAIK those Ncard eMMC's are only 32gb. Would be interesting to know what eMMC Hi10 Plus has.

http://techtablets.com/2016/10/chuwi-hi10-plus-unboxing-first-impressions/

Hi10 Plus seems to have Toshiba 64GB eMMC drive

Guest risoterapia

Outstanding!

I flashed last ROM and since yet i didn´t notice the draining battery bug when keyboard is attached on my hi10 plus. The tablet go into deep sleep without problem at all.

I don´t know the reason @KonstaT but all is ok since then with this bug

photo_2016-10-31_19-40-06.jpg

Hello. On my Chuwi Hi10 Pro does not work USB storage (MTP and PTP). No settings dialog appears. Works only adb. It can be fixed?

I use build cm-12.1-20161028

Upd: Also, do not work hard button on the screen (with the logo Windows)

Edited by AKSU78

Guest KonstaT
On 10/30/2016 at 0:55 PM, Jack S7 said:

Hi konsta,

Your mod works perfectly on my VI10 plus, great job!

Also the "freezing" problems seems gone. 

Thanx

Davide from Italy

Nope, freezing issue still present with CM. We need to get a firmware update from Chuwi.

22 hours ago, risoterapia said:

Outstanding!

I flashed last ROM and since yet i didn´t notice the draining battery bug when keyboard is attached on my hi10 plus. The tablet go into deep sleep without problem at all.

I don´t know the reason @KonstaT but all is ok since then with this bug

Nope, keyboard dock still wakes up the device. Only way it works if you attach the keyboard after the device has already entered deep sleep.

2 hours ago, AKSU78 said:

Hello. On my Chuwi Hi10 Pro does not work USB storage (MTP and PTP). No settings dialog appears. Works only adb. It can be fixed?

I use build cm-12.1-20161028

Upd: Also, do not work hard button on the screen (with the logo Windows)

Can't fix something that is not broken. You can use 'Settings -> Storage -> MENU -> USB computer connection' if storage notification doesn't appear for some reason.

Home button works on my Vi10 Plus (needs this). Hi10 Pro might have different touchscreen hardware. I can fix that if you can find me the touchpanel name (e.g. logcat from booting the device).

Edit. This is actually better:

shell@chuwi_vi10plus:/ $ cat /sys/class/input/*/name

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90

# cat /sys/class/input/*/name
Power Button
Lid Switch
cherrytrailaud BYT-CR Audio Jack
Power Button
Video Bus
hall_switch
bma250
gpio-keys
gpio-keys
gslX680
CM3218_ALS

Guest risoterapia
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

Nope, freezing issue still present with CM. We need to get a firmware update from Chuwi.

Nope, keyboard dock still wakes up the device. Only way it works if you attach the keyboard after the device has already entered deep sleep.

Can't fix something that is not broken. You can use 'Settings -> Storage -> MENU -> USB computer connection' if storage notification doesn't appear for some reason.

Home button works on my Vi10 Plus (needs this). Hi10 Pro might have different touchscreen hardware. I can fix that if you can find me the touchpanel name (e.g. logcat from booting the device).

Mmm, i don´t think so about keyboard and deep sleep. If i have the tablet not attached to keyboard and i wake up, then i attach the keyboard, no wake ups at all as in the older rom version.

Guest KonstaT
30 minutes ago, yener90 said:

# cat /sys/class/input/*/name
Power Button
Lid Switch
cherrytrailaud BYT-CR Audio Jack
Power Button
Video Bus
hall_switch
bma250
gpio-keys
gpio-keys
gslX680
CM3218_ALS

OK, so Hi10 Pro also has gslX680 touchscreen. Home button _should_ work just fine. It just returns to home screen unless you configure other actions under 'Settings->Buttons->Home Button'. It's not the same thing as the virtual home button on navigation bar.

27 minutes ago, risoterapia said:

Mmm, i don´t think so about keyboard and deep sleep. If i have the tablet not attached to keyboard and i wake up, then i attach the keyboard, no wake ups at all as in the older rom version.

I can still reproduce the keyboard wake issue on my own device and there's nothing changed in the latest build that would 'fix' it anyway.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest risoterapia
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

OK, so Hi10 Pro also has gslX680 touchscreen. Home button _should_ work just fine. It just returns to home screen unless you configure other actions under 'Settings->Buttons->Home Button'. It's not the same thing as the virtual home button on navigation bar.

I can still reproduce the keyboard wake issue on my own device and there's nothing changed in the latest build that would 'fix' it anyway.

Yes it is very strange for me but it works. Only thing that i did was flash new ROM (dirty) over old one.

Guest yener90
54 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

It didn't worked. It works if i use zimage of HI10 Pro with Wifi & Bluetooth fix:

http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/b9AlHyYV/file.html

Guest KonstaT
46 minutes ago, yener90 said:

It didn't worked. It works if i use zimage of HI10 Pro with Wifi & Bluetooth fix:

Hi10 Pro has different resolution so the home button probably isn't where you'd expect. ;) Like I already said couple of times, I found it very weird that everything supposedly just worked on Hi10 Pro.

Why haven't you included all modules in that patch? Audio, camera & sensors are likely broken after that. I'll make a proper compatibility patch for Hi10 Pro later. Edit. Here it is.

cm-12.1-20161028-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi10Pro.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=385035244224393219
md5:649544a817ad72c1d171b70fbdd8bc13

Edited by KonstaT

Guest yener90
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Hi10 Pro has different resolution so the home button probably isn't where you'd expect. ;) Like I already said couple of times, I found it very weird that everything supposedly just worked on Hi10 Pro.

Why haven't you included all modules in that patch? Audio, camera & sensors are likely broken after that. I'll make a proper compatibility patch for Hi10 Pro later. Edit. Here it is.

Still quiet well, that most worked. Only Windows button didn't, but the sensitivity is a Lil bit bad, if I press really short, system realizes 3 actions.

18 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yes, here I was off. It works now. Thank you!

16 hours ago, KonstaT said:

It works too! Many thanks!