[DEV][ROM][28.1.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest Chuwi Hi12

On my Hi12 I get around 10 hours screen on time and loose about 3% on standby overnight with WiFi and Bluetooth on so very happy with that. I'm mostly using min brightness (easier on the eyes) and mostly browsing, movies, fb etc not much games. I didn't find Remix too bad either, I think it can depend on installed apps and usage. 

Guest ThunderPush
1 hour ago, Chuwi Hi12 said:

On my Hi12 I get around 10 hours screen on time and loose about 3% on standby overnight with WiFi and Bluetooth on so very happy with that. I'm mostly using min brightness (easier on the eyes) and mostly browsing, movies, fb etc not much games. I didn't find Remix too bad either, I think it can depend on installed apps and usage. 

Wow thats pretty good. I don´t like to have the brightness too high so it's perfect. Right now I´m getting like six and a half hours on Remix just watching youtube or videostremings and compared to Windows I feel that the battery drops to fast. 

I guess I will try this ROM anyways but before that I wanted to know if there were a differences between these two versions.

Guest causeway

I would really love to get xposed working on my hibook pro. I've tried flashing the amiduos zip but it results in bootloops. 

Can anyone tell me what to do? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Was on remix for a while but I still love my Cyanogenmod. Would just love a bit more customisation.

Thanks again for your hard work.

G

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, causeway said:

I would really love to get xposed working on my hibook pro. I've tried flashing the amiduos zip but it results in bootloops. 

Can anyone tell me what to do? Or what I'm doing wrong?

Was on remix for a while but I still love my Cyanogenmod. Would just love a bit more customisation.

Thanks again for your hard work.

G

On 1/10/2017 at 9:24 PM, KonstaT said:

Xposed is reported working on these CyanogenMod builds. There's also a modified version of Xposed that's reported to work with stock Intel ROMs.

I can't support installations with third party apps/hacks/mods that are known to cause issues.

On 1/10/2017 at 10:08 PM, KonstaT said:

Official Xposed for CyanogenMod builds. Modified one for Intel stock ROMs (Remix OS, stock Android).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest zltnngy

To fix Skype login issue cherry pick the following two commits from cm13:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_system_netd/commit/fe743018ad6ce7fb61db7f6f2efbe9832e9599dc

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bionic/commit/55293c1dad2f88e6d1d11822bb9edda95563b02b

I missed the bionic part on my first attempt, but now it is ok:)

There are still bugs though, for example most videos on vimeo.com don't play   (EDIT: this is an issue in chrome 55, but not in 51. I use 51 for smoother performance anyway, so no problem for me).

Edited by zltnngy

Guest causeway

Xposed working a treat for me now.

Anyone know how I can get lower minimum brightness settings to stick? Every time a set it to minimum '0' or even '1', it resets itself to the default minimum.

Edited by causeway

Guest KonstaT
On 1/19/2017 at 11:33 AM, zltnngy said:

To fix Skype login issue cherry pick the following two commits from cm13:

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_system_netd/commit/fe743018ad6ce7fb61db7f6f2efbe9832e9599dc

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bionic/commit/55293c1dad2f88e6d1d11822bb9edda95563b02b

I missed the bionic part on my first attempt, but now it is ok:)

There are still bugs though, for example most videos on vimeo.com don't play   (EDIT: this is an issue in chrome 55, but not in 51. I use 51 for smoother performance anyway, so no problem for me).

Well done! I'll include these if/when there's another release.

This is the first time I'm hearing about any issue with vimeo.

On 1/20/2017 at 0:31 AM, causeway said:

Anyone know how I can get lower minimum brightness settings to stick? Every time a set it to minimum '0' or even '1', it resets itself to the default minimum.

Minimum brightness allowed by framework is 10. Then lights HAL has a bug and it always adds ~18 to whatever value you're trying to set (actual min brightness is ~28). Lights HAL issue will be fixed if/when there's another release. https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_cherrytrail-common/commit/9faf6a47cd51f5d446d58a1203d4631c1466f315

If you change brightness outside brightness slider (e.g. echo'ing directly to backlight brightness node) it's just going to reset when display turn off/on.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest causeway
22 hours ago, Skyfire said:

Please give some short info on how you did it :)

Kind regards, Skyfire

10 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Well done! I'll include these if/when there's another release.

This is the first time I'm hearing about any issue with vimeo.

Minimum brightness allowed by framework is 10. Then lights HAL has a bug and it always adds ~18 to whatever value you're trying to set (actual min brightness is ~28). Lights HAL issue will be fixed if/when there's another release. https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_cherrytrail-common/commit/9faf6a47cd51f5d446d58a1203d4631c1466f315

If you change brightness outside brightness slider (e.g. echo'ing directly to backlight brightness node) it's just going to reset when display turn off/on.

I just downloaded the standard x86 xposed zip from devs-lab, flashed in recovery and installed the apk. Only some things working but YouTube add block and background playback are fine. Gravity box doesn't seem to work unfortunately.

Thanks for three response K. It's a little annoying but I can just open the containing file and adjust manually. Although it only sticks for a little while. Only really need it when in bed but would be nice for extra battery life.

Cheers!

Guest KonstaT
13 hours ago, tineprogramming said:

Can somebody guide me for hdmi setting ? I can't find it at all on setting

There's no HDMI settings in CyanogenMod.

Guest tineprogramming
56 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

There's no HDMI settings in CyanogenMod.

So how can I adjust the resolution and overscan ? sometime it's doesn't fit the TV

Guest KonstaT
11 minutes ago, tineprogramming said:

So how can I adjust the resolution and overscan ? sometime it's doesn't fit the TV

You can't. Same thing with stock Remix OS.

Guest zltnngy
On 2017. 01. 10. at 10:35 AM, KonstaT said:

This only happens with some games AFAIK.

Yeah, something with CM12.1. Audio HALs are the same as stock but the av framework side is completely different of course. There's nothing interesting in the logs and this issue has been there always (first CM12.1 build I've done for Cherry Trail devices was 20160531 for iWork8 Ultimate and I can reproduce it there) so there's nothing I can bisect. Could be just some Android security patch or CAF commit that causes it for it for this platform. These are the only Cherry Trail devices running CM12.1 so no one has come across it before.

Interestingly this issue is not present with CM13.

Yes this is definitely a cm12.1 only issue because i built a pure aosp 5.1 rom from source, and audio is ok, there is no lag.

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, zltnngy said:

Yes this is definitely a cm12.1 only issue because i built a pure aosp 5.1 rom from source, and audio is ok, there is no lag.

Which tag did you build (android-5.1.1_r38 is the latest AFAICT)? frameworks/av is the usual suspect but there's probably still too many differences to CM for it to be reasonable to bisect. CM is more or less CAF fork these days. Relevant bits is mostly ifdef'ed for Qualcomm devices only but it's quite easy to mess up there.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest zltnngy
12 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Which tag did you build (android-5.1.1_r38 is the latest AFAICT)? frameworks/av is the usual suspect but there's probably still too many differences to CM for it to be reasonable to bisect. CM is more or less CAF fork these days. Relevant bits is mostly ifdef'ed for Qualcomm devices only but it's quite easy to mess up there.

Yes I am on r38. I have already spent a few hours trying to find the cause of the lag, no success so far... But now I can turn on detailed logging for both cm12 and aosp and see what is going on.

Guest KonstaT
25 minutes ago, zltnngy said:

Yes I am on r38. I have already spent a few hours trying to find the cause of the lag, no success so far... But now I can turn on detailed logging for both cm12 and aosp and see what is going on.

Yeah, only a matter of how much time you can/want to invest in it.

Good luck!

Guest Migual12

@KonstaT
Thank you for the new build. It should be worth a donation for all using it.

A question: I already use your build of 04.12 on my Hi12. Is it possible to do an upgrade to the new build without deleting the data? I assume this would mean to do item 3 (wipe system) but not item 4 (factory reset). Would this work? Thank you.

13 hours ago, KonstaT said:

New build. This will be most likely the final CM12.1 build.

http://konstakang.com/devices/chuwi_vi10plus/CM12.1

-fix lights HAL to allow lower minimum brightness
-fix capasitive home button on Hi12
-integrated kernel build
-fix Skype login issue (thanks to zltnngy)

Edited by Migual12

Guest zltnngy
3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Yeah, only a matter of how much time you can/want to invest in it.

Good luck!

Done it: In frameworks/av/services/audiopolicy/AudioPolicyManager.cpp delete the elseif block on line 1643-1646.

In cm13 the bug doesn't appear because of https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_av/commit/439e4ed408c21bd65711d279bd5251cef7e83440

The final cm12.1 release came a day early:)