Jump to content
KonstaT

[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Recommended Posts

Bizarrely, I kinda missed the Remix wallpapers after I flashed the latest build today. I used TWRP to restore Remix and installed the app 'Get current wallpaper' to extract them all, and they look good in Lineage OS now :)

Happy to upload them if anyone has storage / cares :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KonstaT said:

Well, I'm not going to try. :P Why not, 2,4 gb is perfectly reasonable.

I'm going to give it a try. Will let you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I wonder what's the difference between Chinese and International variants as there's at least no difference in listed 3G/4G bands. There's probably no kernel source for 1C or it's just the same device as Le 2 in a different case?

Yes, Qualcomm has CAF as a reference which is great for all kinds of open source development. MediaTek has no documentation whatsoever and even kernel sources are not available for most devices that are not officially sold on US/EU markets. Never had a MediaTek device and not planning on getting one either.

It would certainly help if there was a Cherry Trail device with official Marshmallow and with both stock firmware (for binary drivers) and kernel source available. There's stock Marshmallow firmware for Medion Lifetab P10506 and Teclast Tbook 16 Power but not kernel source. There's kernel source for Lenovo Yoga Book but no stock firmware...

Yes, I'd certainly recommend that.

Wow, how about reading the first post. ;)

About that photo issue ... I think the problem is in the kernel driver... I have teclast with ov 5648 back camera ( I ported driver to your kernel )  and photo looks fine ( not count is missing 1/5 of the photo on the right side :) after taking the photo.

20170129_211510.jpg

Edited by mirek190

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally managed to install this Rom and it seems to be fantastic thanks for all the hard work.

I think I'd like to use all 64gb for this Rom, as my Windows is very buggy.

Is there a guide available anywhere for how to achieve this? I've seen a few posts refer to editing the gpt.bin but really unsure where this is, what to change it to, or what I need to do with it once edited.

Any help really appreciated. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Medion responded asking for the Android version. Told them the kernel source for MM 6.0. 

Wrote to LeEco too. Asking for release of the Cool Change 1C and Cool 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

Medion responded asking for the Android version. Told them the kernel source for MM 6.0. 

Wrote to LeEco too. Asking for release of the Cool Change 1C and Cool 1. 

i found the stock firmware for yoga. what is required? System.img or boot.img or system dump :D

Medion is not responsible for the firmware (developing & building it), so they don't really know unfortunately.

Edited by yener90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, yener90 said:

i found the stock firmware for yoga. what is required? System.img or boot.img or system dump :D

Medion is not responsible for the firmware (developing & building it), so they don't really know unfortunately.

OTA or stock? 

Everyone knows Medion doesn't develop the firmware. I didn't paste the full correspondance, no need to. @KonstaTis fully aware. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PalmTrees said:

OTA or stock? 

Everyone knows Medion doesn't develop the firmware. I didn't paste the full correspondance, no need to. @KonstaTis fully aware. 

stock, i already wrote them november, they came with that answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

Was able to pull this though: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9ZxZ3TuJzwFSUw3dG90eWRRNFU/view -- I know, I know, but would you just take a look in each folder, please.

OTAs are not useful if you don't also have the previous firmware they're patching.

4 hours ago, yener90 said:

i found the stock firmware for yoga. what is required? System.img or boot.img or system dump :D

System and boot images would be nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

OTAs are not useful if you don't also have the previous firmware they're patching.

System and boot images would be nice.

I extracted it, was not a default system.img. It was sparsed system.img. My Internet is not so fast, therefore I will upload system dump & boot.img

Edited by yener90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

OTAs are not useful if you don't also have the previous firmware they're patching.

System and boot images would be nice.

Soon you'll have both :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for this ROM, KonstaT!
Everything is working fine!
However, I cannot open any page with Google Chrome. I tried to install it again and nothing. The stock browser and Firefox work fine. Do you have any idea why I am having this problem? I have also tried to wipe cache and it's the same...

Thank you!

PS: I solved the problem by installing Chrome Beta. Thanks!

Edited by mtdb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KonstaT!

Any advices how to fix unscreen button issues, for example i cant go out from Heartstone, because buttons doesnt come out

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mtdb said:

Thank you for this ROM, KonstaT!
Everything is working fine!
However, I cannot open any page with Google Chrome. I tried to install it again and nothing. The stock browser and Firefox work fine. Do you have any idea why I am having this problem? I have also tried to wipe cache and it's the same...

Thank you!

PS: I solved the problem by installing Chrome Beta. Thanks!

3 hours ago, DrJosu said:

KonstaT!

Any advices how to fix unscreen button issues, for example i cant go out from Heartstone, because buttons doesnt come out

I'm using Google Chrome from Play Store and it works perfectly fine.

No such issue with Heartstone. Just swipe up from the bottom of the screen like on any immersive app.

Follow installation instructions in the third post. What gapps did you use?

On 1/29/2017 at 11:44 AM, KonstaT said:

Open Gapps from 20170127 is the latest one that works with LineageOS 13. They broke it when Lineage allegedly broke SetupWizard (well, maybe in cm-14.1 but not in cm-13.0). That doesn't affect CyanogenMod so that's why the same package still works with the old CM13.

Use these gapps. Tested myself and confirmed working.
https://github.com/opengapps/x86/releases/download/20170127/open_gapps-x86-6.0-pico-20170127.zip

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont have problem with gapps, just onscreen buttons doesnt work properly. I can record video for you if u want

Any chance to do something with them?

And also sometimes volume options ignore buttons, until i move it with finger, it starts working

And last thing what i realise now, touchpad sometimes dont recognise typing, u need to press one more time to type

I am using HI10 Pro

Edited by DrJosu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, DrJosu said:

I dont have problem with gapps, just onscreen buttons doesnt work properly. I can record video for you if u want

Any chance to do something with them?

And also sometimes volume options ignore buttons, until i move it with finger, it starts working

And last thing what i realise now, touchpad sometimes dont recognise typing, u need to press one more time to type

I am using HI10 Pro

Except wrong gapps package causes on screen buttons not to work properly. Just read the previous page...

I installed Heartstone myself and everything works just as expected. Instead of making a video I suggest that you do clean installation following instructions in the third post and using gapps I previously linked.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PalmTrees said:

@KonstaTI'm curious. Have you had a chance to look into the stock firmware provided by @yener90? And if so, any interesting to share :) 

No, not really. It's a 64-bit Android build and it doesn't have 32-bit versions of all libs. Version string in display drivers is the same as in Medion build (4.61.52868-R). That's it for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

No, not really. It's a 64-bit Android build and it doesn't have 32-bit versions of all libs. Version string in display drivers is the same as in Medion build (4.61.52868-R). That's it for now.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, but have you checked if the OTA contains those libs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PalmTrees said:

Alright. I'm still studying the AOSP page :) If I have time, I might try to build an AOSP 6.0 rom for Mi Pad 2. 

Why? Someone should make fully working CyanogenMod 12.1 (or some other AOSP-based Lollipop ROM) before even thinking about anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Why? Someone should make fully working CyanogenMod 12.1 (or some other AOSP-based Lollipop ROM) before even thinking about anything else.

AOSP Lollipop fully working rom is already available. Someone ported your CM 12.1 to the Mi Pad 2, but "It was possible to port CM 12  itself firmware running quickly, but it does not work: WI-FI, bluetooth, highlighting the soft buttons, it remains only to fix these little things." (source: http://en.miui.com/thread-399610-1-1.html). 

Should I send my Mi Pad 2 to Finland and have you sort it out? Haha :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×