[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
23 minutes ago, megaviolence said:

Hello, friends! I'm so upset about dropping support of hi12, really love my giant tablet. Please, provide any possible updates in future, even through old ugly and proprietary kernel. There are a lot of sad people in Russian forum 4pda, which are watching you work, unable to read this forum directly due to English language. Waiting for any good consequense - both of kernel from chuwi or any minor updates from this thread developer. Don't leave us^_^

Also, can be a tester , if the possibility to brick tablet will be not so high:_)

Sorry, I'm not going to waste any effort supporting devices with prebuilt stock kernel anymore. Deep sleep will probably never work so it's just not worth it.

Someone who has Hi12 can start working on the kernel. It's probably doable with the Vi10 Plus kernel source we have. It's just not something I can do without having a device myself.

Guest davigar

Hi @KonstaTI think the sensitivity of the touch screen is the same in vi10 plus as hi10 pro, supposedly the same touch panel. In your vi10 you can't notice difference because you have always used the same kernel. In CM12.1 it was precompiled and now in CM13 it is compiled from the same sources as the previous one.

In hi10 pro have gone from a very new kernel (with improved tactile sensitivity) to an older one (from vi10 plus). If you test CM12.1 with the hi10 Pro kernel on your Vi10 I think that you notice the improved sensitivity on touchscreen. But I think except for the location of the Windows button and the MMC is the same tablet.

Sorry for my english!

3 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Sorry, I'm not going to waste any effort supporting devices with prebuilt stock kernel anymore. Deep sleep will probably never work so it's just not worth it.

Someone who has Hi12 can start working on the kernel. It's probably doable with the Vi10 Plus kernel source we have. It's just not something I can do without having a device myself.

I can work on the kernel by following its steps. My knowledge is minimal, but I have interest.
I have already worked on some port de recovery.

Edited by bubu83

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, davigar said:

Hi @KonstaTI think the sensitivity of the touch screen is the same in vi10 plus as hi10 pro, supposedly the same touch panel. In your vi10 you can't notice difference because you have always used the same kernel. In CM12.1 it was precompiled and now in CM13 it is compiled from the same sources as the previous one.

In hi10 pro have gone from a very new kernel (with improved tactile sensitivity) to an older one (from vi10 plus). If you test CM12.1 with the hi10 Pro kernel on your Vi10 I think that you notice the improved sensitivity on touchscreen. But I think except for the location of the Windows button and the MMC is the same tablet.

Sorry for my english!

Display size is actually different on Vi10/Hi10 Plus and Hi10 Pro (1920x1280 and 1920x1200, respectively). That's why the Windows button is on 'different' place on these devices. But yeah, hardware is very similar on all these devices (same wifi/bt, same audio except Hi12, same cameras, same sensors, etc). That's also why it's possible to support all these devices with simple compatibility patches.

Does it improve touchscreen accuracy or just sensitivity? Accuracy is a bigger problem because it's not enough to make the stylus pen usable (currently x-axis skips every 6 pixels - y-axis skips every ~2.6 pixels). Let's see if I remember to test next time I'm on CM12.1. It's no use for me either way. No source code, I'm not going to use it for anything...

Guest davigar
6 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Does it improve touchscreen accuracy or just sensitivity? Accuracy is a bigger problem because it's not enough to make the stylus pen usable (currently x-axis skips every 6 pixels - y-axis skips every ~2.6 pixels). Let's see if I remember to test next time I'm on CM12.1. It's no use for me either way. No source code, I'm not going to use it for anything...

the problem is sensitivity, accuracy is good. 

Guest Richtj999

Hi,

Very newbish question.  I have a Hi10 Pro with the remix OS / Windows 10 dual boot option.  

1. Can I install TWRP, CM 13 (or 12) & still keep Windows 10 as a boot option? 

2. Is there an issue with the Hi10 Pro touch screen in the current CM 13 build?

3. Is there a way to go back to stock (remix / windows) in the event I botch something?

Thanks,
Rich

Guest fear_factory84
2 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

3. Is there a way to go back to stock (remix / windows) in the event I botch something?

Thanks,
Rich

Hi,

I have an Hi10 Pro too, you can use the system.img / boot.img / recovery.img files from stock android image from the Chuwi forum (under the official hi10 pro firmware thread, not sure if I can link it here). You can use fastboot to flash them manually.

There is also an Intel tool to reflash the whole tablet, but I think it's more dangerous as it flashes firmware/bootloaders/bios and completely repartition the whole emmc. 

Don't use the stock chuwi remix os image, it has two malware apk on it (teleyphone.apk and youtubeoem.apk).

Regarding cm13.. I still have to try it..

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

Hi,

Very newbish question.  I have a Hi10 Pro with the remix OS / Windows 10 dual boot option.  

1. Can I install TWRP, CM 13 (or 12) & still keep Windows 10 as a boot option? 

2. Is there an issue with the Hi10 Pro touch screen in the current CM 13 build?

Thanks,
Rich

1. Yes. We're only messing with Android partitions here. CyanogenMod doesn't have option to reboot directly to Windows but you can select to boot to Windows from dual-boot menu just like before.

2. Capasitive Windows/home button does't work on Hi10 Pro. Some users have reported that touch sensitivity is not as good as with latest stock Android (not sure if there's any different compared to latest stock Remix OS).

3. Yes. Create a nandroid backup in TWRP of your stock firmware you can restore later. Or use fastboot to flash system/boot images from stock firmware package. In case something goes horribly wrong, you'll always have Intel Platform Flash Tool to flash stock firmware. It's nearly impossible to do any permanent damage and 'brick' one of these devices.

Guest megaviolence
38 minutes ago, jcabad said:

I installed the CM13 in my Chuwi Hi12 yesterday and everything seem to be working perfect. Thanks very much to @KonstaT

Which version? Lastest one or previuos build? Очень жаль что разработчик прекратил поддержку Hi12 из за недоступности исходных кодов ядра.

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, jcabad said:

I installed the CM13 in my Chuwi Hi12 yesterday and everything seem to be working perfect. Thanks very much to @KonstaT

1 hour ago, megaviolence said:

Which version? Lastest one or previuos build? Очень жаль что разработчик прекратил поддержку Hi12 из за недоступности исходных кодов ядра.

I guess it's a bit of overstatement to say everything is working perfectly on Hi12. Deep sleep doesn't work (and probably never will) on devices that are stuck using prebuilt stock kernel (Hibook Pro, Hi12).

2 hours ago, absolut33 said:

How do hoy use recovery? With HDMI output?

Thanks

Yes. When I plug the HDMI cable, then the TWRP screen appears and I can unplug the cable 

2 hours ago, megaviolence said:

Yes. Last version and patch for HI12 from november

45 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

I guess it's a bit of overstatement to say everything is working perfectly on Hi12. Deep sleep doesn't work (and probably never will) on devices that are stuck using prebuilt stock kernel (Hibook Pro, Hi12).

I'm sure you are right. I was playing with it a couple of hours, but I didn't test deep sleep. I'm sorry. 

Guest Richtj999
23 hours ago, fear_factory84 said:

Hi,

I have an Hi10 Pro too, you can use the system.img / boot.img / recovery.img files from stock android image from the Chuwi forum (under the official hi10 pro firmware thread, not sure if I can link it here). You can use fastboot to flash them manually.

There is also an Intel tool to reflash the whole tablet, but I think it's more dangerous as it flashes firmware/bootloaders/bios and completely repartition the whole emmc. 

Don't use the stock chuwi remix os image, it has two malware apk on it (teleyphone.apk and youtubeoem.apk).

Regarding cm13.. I still have to try it..

Now that Konstat has me understanding the android side a little.  How do you reinstall the windows side of the tablet?  I am totally lost on that end of it.  I am debating on installing Windows 10 pro from scratch vs the current windows 10 home.  

Goodmorning everybody,

I have flashed the latest build yesterday, and I'm super satisfied with its performance and smoothness. A total step up from original Remix OS which suffer badly from random freezes. Big ups to the dev!

Tablet has been on all night with wifi on, I checked with Wakelock Detector (Root) this morning, and it has been in Deep Sleep mode almost all night. 

I was wondering if any of you tried booting Windows 10 from a live external usb hdd, "Windows To Go" as they call it...

Edited by trevi

Guest Richtj999
On 12/12/2016 at 8:35 AM, davigar said:

the problem is sensitivity, accuracy is good. 

I am going with a me too on this.  It seems like you need more effort to press down on the touch screen vs on the Remix os.  It is very accurate but needs more pressure to register keys.

Guest santi.sc

Thanks for the Rom, but the Wifi signal is regular sometimes it is cut, hope that in the future can improve this detail.
With Remix and Android there was no such problem in the Vi10 Plus I mean.

Guest KonstaT
14 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

I am going with a me too on this.  It seems like you need more effort to press down on the touch screen vs on the Remix os.  It is very accurate but needs more pressure to register keys.

You mean stock Remix OS that shipped with your device (B2016081102) or my Remix OS ROM? My Remix with Hi10 Pro patch actually has kernel/modules from stock Android build 20161102. Any difference in touchscreen sensitivity between those?

I can write to Jide and ask them release kernel source that matches B2016081102. Otherwise there's really nothing I can do about this.

Guest PalmTrees
28 minutes ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Do you know if it's possible to get viper4android and/or xposed on our vi10plus?

Regarding Viper4Android, he already replied: ask in the xda thread. 

Guest KonstaT
34 minutes ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Do you know if it's possible to get viper4android and/or xposed on our vi10plus?

CyanogenMod already has built in AudioFX and it's working fine. Xposed Framework (x86) is reported to work with my CM builds.

I can't support installations with third party tweaks/hacks that are known to cause all kinds of problems. Of course I can't stop anyone from installing them but this is not the place to come cry for help if/when something goes wrong. Why don't you make a nandoid backup and test yourself?

Guest FatFreddyDK
CyanogenMod already has built in AudioFX and it's working fine. Xposed Framework (x86) is reported to work with my CM builds.

I can't support installations with third party tweaks/hacks that are known to cause all kinds of problems. Of course I can't stop anyone from installing them but this is not the place to come cry for help if/when something goes wrong. Why don't you make a nandoid backup and test yourself?

Regarding Viper4Android, he already replied: ask in the xda thread. 

Now when I see your answers I can clearly remember that i have seen them before. Sorry. I just leave things as they are. If it aint broken dont fix it. Still having very nice tablets ☺

Guest KonstaT
18 minutes ago, FatFreddyDK said:

Now when I see your answers I can clearly remember that i have seen them before. Sorry. I just leave things as they are. If it aint broken dont fix it. Still having very nice tablets ☺

I don't want to discourage anyone from modifying/hacking their device but at the sometime can't support every silly third party mod. If you want to report issues here you should be able to reproduce your problem with a clean installation (instructions in the third post) that's all.

Nandroid backups are great! There's no fear with experimenting with your device when you can easily just restore it to previous working condition.