[DEV][ROM][20.10.] LineageOS 13 (Android 6.0.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest PalmTrees
20 minutes ago, mirek190 said:

... yes ( i have that tablet and  for teclast maybe later  :)   but first I have to compile the source for chuwi properly first if i want to do something more .

You bought a Vi10 Plus? Nice. Looking forward to see what you have in mind for it. 

Hi,

I have a chuwi hi10 plus with z8350 and dual boot windows 10 + remix.

How can I install cm13 only and delete windows? 

How can i resize de partitions and have 64 GB in cm13?

Thanks.

Guest mirek190
48 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Ubuntu 12.04.

It's always an option to revert this and use kernel build env to build the kernel/modules.

I'm using 12.04 as well ... strange problem .. 

I try to setup ubuntu 12.04  from the beginning this one what I'm using now  has 4 years.

Later I let know if helped .

PS - first i Try to install poky toolchain to /opt maybe that will sovle the problem ... because can't find path ... ( but in source is indicated ... ) 

Edited by mirek190

Guest KonstaT
1 hour ago, mirek190 said:

PS - first i Try to install poky toolchain to /opt maybe that will sovle the problem ... because can't find path ... ( but in source is indicated ... ) 

Try installing poky to /opt/poky/1.8 and changing line in BoardConfig.mk to

KERNEL_TOOLCHAIN := /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-poky-linux

Edited by KonstaT

Guest mirek190
11 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Try installing poky to /opt/poky/1.8 and changing line in BoardConfig.mk to

KERNEL_TOOLCHAIN := /opt/poky/1.8/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-poky-linux

Hi

I Finally was able built properly bootimage - I have modules in /system/lib/modules

So .. the problem was with your "slim"  toolchain you added to the github.to the local manifest.

It appeared wasn't complete

I added a poky-glibc-x86_64-core-image-sato-core2-64-toolchain-1.8.sh that works fine and also changed a bit the boardconfig.mk

to

KERNEL_TOOLCHAIN := $(ANDROID_BUILD_TOP)/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/x86/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-poky-linux

Edited by mirek190

Guest KonstaT
10 hours ago, benkores said:

@KonstaT What's Jide's email? I'll try to contact them now.

http://www.jide.com/contact

7 hours ago, mirek190 said:

I added a poky-glibc-x86_64-core-image-sato-core2-64-toolchain-1.8.sh that works fine and also changed a bit the boardconfig.mk

to

KERNEL_TOOLCHAIN := $(ANDROID_BUILD_TOP)/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/x86/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/x86_64-poky-linux

No. I already pushed proper fixes yesterday.

Guest mirek190
1 hour ago, KonstaT said:

http://www.jide.com/contact

No. I already pushed proper fixes yesterday.

nice thanks.

I have another question.

I see that bootimg is using modules located in /system/lib/modules not from the ramdisk.

I assume recovery is doing the same thing

It it save ?

If I accidently format /system ( heh ) the recovery won't work. Am I right ?

Guest KonstaT
42 minutes ago, mirek190 said:

I see that bootimg is using modules located in /system/lib/modules not from the ramdisk.

I assume recovery is doing the same thing

It it save ?

If I accidently format /system ( heh ) the recovery won't work. Am I right ?

Recovery doesn't use any modules. Everything it needs is included in the recovery image itself. /system is actually not even mounted when you boot recovery. You can format /system all want and you're even supposed to when installing ROMs. ;)

@KonstaT I am about to get a Hi10 Plus.  I am more interested in the Hi10 Pro though because the screen aspect ratio is closer to FullHD.  It looks like you mentioned that some of the newer versions of the Hi10 Pro wont work with your CM update for specific serials latest batch?  Is this limitation still true?    I am trying to choose a tablet that will have the best future upgrade ability to CM, if I buy another in the future, your thought on the best model?  The Hi10 Plus now has the Z8350 CPU and it seems like there were some Pluses with the Z8300??.  Will your stuff still work on the Z8350 for the Hi10 Plus?  Also any instruction on how to remove the windows partition and capture it all for android?  Thanks for all your hard work.

Guest mirek190
14 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Recovery doesn't use any modules. Everything it needs is included in the recovery image itself. /system is actually not even mounted when you boot recovery. You can format /system all want and you're even supposed to when installing ROMs. ;)

Hello again

I built the system.img from your source - works great

I built the recovery.img from your source finally heh  ( cm13 ) and doesn't work ...

I flashed the recovery from the bootloader  - then from the bootloader boot into the recovery and nothing .. device just restarting itself continuously  ... TWRP works ok.

Maybe something with the libs to compile the recovery ?

Any idea ?

ps I have the kernel source for Hi10pro ( android 5.1 ) if you interested.

Edited by mirek190

Guest PalmTrees
9 hours ago, bigt11 said:

@KonstaT I am about to get a Hi10 Plus.  I am more interested in the Hi10 Pro though because the screen aspect ratio is closer to FullHD.  It looks like you mentioned that some of the newer versions of the Hi10 Pro wont work with your CM update for specific serials latest batch?  Is this limitation still true?    I am trying to choose a tablet that will have the best future upgrade ability to CM, if I buy another in the future, your thought on the best model?  The Hi10 Plus now has the Z8350 CPU and it seems like there were some Pluses with the Z8300??.  Will your stuff still work on the Z8350 for the Hi10 Plus?  Also any instruction on how to remove the windows partition and capture it all for android?  Thanks for all your hard work.

CM no longer exists. It's called LineageOS now. KonstaT has previously made it clear that a chance of seeing a CM14 version (Android N 7.1.1) is unlikely. 

Unless you can "settle" for CM 13, your best chance is to either wait or buy the device of your liking. Provided it is able to receive any updates. 

Guest KonstaT
12 hours ago, bigt11 said:

All current Vi10/Hi10 Plus devices should be fine AFAIK. Chuwi changed touchscreen hardware for the latest Hi10 Pro batch so that is not supported with CM13 (no kernel source - CM12.1 & Remix OS work fine with stock kernel). Apparently these are rather small production batches (1000-2000 units?) so a new version can come up anytime.

11 hours ago, mirek190 said:

Hello again

I built the system.img from your source - works great

I built the recovery.img from your source finally heh  ( cm13 ) and doesn't work ...

I flashed the recovery from the bootloader  - then from the bootloader boot into the recovery and nothing .. device just restarting itself continuously  ... TWRP works ok.

Maybe something with the libs to compile the recovery ?

Any idea ?

CM recovery built from cm-12.1 seems to work fine but cm-13.0 one segfaults (recovery binary itself). strace would probably give some idea why. I don't need CM recovery for anything so I don't care to find out.

11 hours ago, mirek190 said:

ps I have the kernel source for Hi10pro ( android 5.1 ) if you interested.

Is it the same one we've had quite some time? It's the only reason Hi10 Pro is still supported with CM13...

Edited by KonstaT

Massive thanks for all the work on getting CM to work on these devices. I managed to install CM13 with no problems following the instructions. Everything appears to be working fine except for an issue when booting the device with the micro-sd card inserted. It worked fine the first few times booting up, but now it displays a notification that it is scanning the micro-sd card, the system process hangs, and neither the internal storage nor micro-sd card gets mounted. However, if I boot the device without the micro-sd it works fine, and successfully scans and mounts the micro-sd if it is inserted after the boot process finishes. I am sure before I received my device that I saw someone posting about a similar issue but could not refind the post. Any ideas for how to fix this error?

Edited by Brydie

Guest mirek190
8 hours ago, KonstaT said:

All current Vi10/Hi10 Plus devices should be fine AFAIK. Chuwi changed touchscreen hardware for the latest Hi10 Pro batch so that is not supported with CM13 (no kernel source - CM12.1 & Remix OS work fine with stock kernel). Apparently these are rather small production batches (1000-2000 units?) so a new version can come up anytime.

CM recovery built from cm-12.1 seems to work fine but cm-13.0 one segfaults (recovery binary itself). strace would probably give some idea why. I don't need CM recovery for anything so I don't care to find out.

Is it the same one we've had quite some time? It's the only reason Hi10 Pro is still supported with CM13...

In the terms of "learn"  I try to fix cm 13 recovery.

Do you have any idea how to track the problem .

About the hi10pro source my is from 05.2016 - I check that later today excatly . 

Guest TeutonJon78
11 hours ago, PalmTrees said:

CM no longer exists. It's called LineageOS now. KonstaT has previously made it clear that a chance of seeing a CM14 version (Android N 7.1.1) is unlikely. 

Unless you can "settle" for CM 13, your best chance is to either wait or buy the device of your liking. Provided it is able to receive any updates. 

They are converting over CM13 to LineageOS as well, just not CM12.1. That being said, it would mostly just be future security updates and bugfixes.

Guest KonstaT

Massive thanks for all the work on getting CM to work on these devices. I managed to install CM13 with no problems following the instructions. Everything appears to be working fine except for an issue when booting the device with the micro-sd card inserted. It worked fine the first few times booting up, but now it displays a notification that it is scanning the micro-sd card, the system process hangs, and neither the internal storage nor micro-sd card gets mounted. However, if I boot the device without the micro-sd it works fine, and successfully scans and mounts the micro-sd if it is inserted after the boot process finishes. I am sure before I received my device that I saw someone posting about a similar issue but could not refind the post. Any ideas for how to fix this error?

exFAT sdcard? FAT32 is still recommended where possible.

16 hours ago, mirek190 said:

In the terms of "learn"  I try to fix cm 13 recovery.

Do you have any idea how to track the problem .

About the hi10pro source my is from 05.2016 - I check that later today excatly . 

Like said, strace the recovery binary.

Where did you get the source?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest mirek190
5 hours ago, KonstaT said:

exFAT sdcard? FAT32 is still recommended where possible.

Like said, strace the recovery binary.

Where did you get the source?

Thanks for answer

I try to fix it.

Source - I found on the Chinese forum some time ago with the link to baidu.

I do not have the page anymore where i found it.

Guest KonstaT
3 hours ago, mirek190 said:

Source - I found on the Chinese forum some time ago with the link to baidu.

I do not have the page anymore where i found it.

Can you upload it somewhere? Kernel source that Jide released for Hi10 Pro matches Remix OS B2016081102. I doubt there's any use for older source but I could still have a look.

Guest mirek190
5 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Can you upload it somewhere? Kernel source that Jide released for Hi10 Pro matches Remix OS B2016081102. I doubt there's any use for older source but I could still have a look.

No problem I will make it tomorrow

On 13/12/2016 at 4:53 PM, jcabad said:

I installed the CM13 in my Chuwi Hi12 yesterday and everything seem to be working perfect. Thanks very much to @KonstaT

Hello, what TWRP did you use? When I flashed cm12 or cm13 I always have this message : "E: error executing binary in zip '....." 

Thanks

problema.jpg

Guest KonstaT
6 hours ago, gpg178 said:

Hello, what TWRP did you use? When I flashed cm12 or cm13 I always have this message : "E: error executing binary in zip '....." 

Thanks

Even that error message tells you exactly what you need to do! Follow installation instructions in the third post.

Edited by KonstaT