[PORT][ROM][13.12.] Remix OS 2.0 (Android 5.1.1) for Chuwi Vi10 Plus, Hi10 Plus, Hi10 Pro, Hibook, Hibook Pro & Hi12

Guest KonstaT

Guest benda95280
On 26/12/2016 at 1:17 PM, benda95280 said:

I've maybe a problem:

When i plug the charger the screen show up, and never shut down.
I've to press the power button :(

Anyone have something lie that ?

I'm the only one to have this problems ?
I've just try, with the tablet with screen Off, if i plug USB cable to charge it, screen wake up, and never shut down.
When no charger, screen shut down after 1 minute.

On 30/12/2016 at 9:05 AM, KonstaT said:

There shouldn't be such issue with this ROM. Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post of this thread.

Strange behaviour, I re-installed the rom for the third time and everything is working well now. I probably did something wrong the first two times...

Thanks

Guest KonstaT
17 hours ago, benda95280 said:

I'm the only one to have this problems ?
I've just try, with the tablet with screen Off, if i plug USB cable to charge it, screen wake up, and never shut down.
When no charger, screen shut down after 1 minute.

Even if that is the case, why not just press the power button like rest of the people?

Most likely you've just enabled 'Settings->Developer options->Stay awake' yourself.

Guest festlv
On 12/14/2016 at 7:22 PM, KonstaT said:

Could probably change that but it's not worth the effort. Different devices with different display panels can have different limitations as well (don't want to set min brightness too low so panel switches off completely).

Can you please give me any pointers regarding display brightness configuration?

Hi10 plus is annoyingly bright at night, I'd like to try change it.

Guest KonstaT
On 1/1/2017 at 7:47 PM, festlv said:

Can you please give me any pointers regarding display brightness configuration?

Hi10 plus is annoyingly bright at night, I'd like to try change it.

/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness is the backlight path. You can cat/echo values for testing purposes.

There's framework configs for backlight (e.g. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/blob/cm-12.1/core/res/res/values/config.xml#L951). On prebuilt ROM like this you'd need to use apktool to decompile/recompile framework to change that.

On CyanogenMod minimum brightness is set to 10 but it actually only goes down to 29 using brightness slider. There's probably some kernel side limitation. Edit. It's actually lights HAL issue. You need to give sane default values (see https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_cherrytrail-common/commit/9faf6a47cd51f5d446d58a1203d4631c1466f315) and recompile lights HAL.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest festlv

Cool, thanks. Chuwi Hi10 Plus functions well with:

echo "0" > /sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness

For now I added a shortcut on homescreen that does this. 

Guest KonstaT
41 minutes ago, festlv said:

Cool, thanks. Chuwi Hi10 Plus functions well with:

For now I added a shortcut on homescreen that does this. 

0 should actually disable the backlight and essentially power off the display (and it would on most devices but not this one). I've even had devices that power off display with bigger values than 10.

If/when there's another CM12.1 build, you can use lights HAL from that with Remix OS. It will allow brightness to go down to framework minimum (10). You need to decompile/recompile framework if you need to go below that.

Guest winnieyip

I have successfully installed the Remix OS at my Vi10 Plus and thanks, But I want to explore how to free some space as I only have 1.4 GB available space now - other take uo 6.2 GB and total is 7.7 GB. Any suggestion/hint for me?

Guest KonstaT
12 minutes ago, winnieyip said:

I have successfully installed the Remix OS at my Vi10 Plus and thanks, But I want to explore how to free some space as I only have 1.4 GB available space now - other take uo 6.2 GB and total is 7.7 GB. Any suggestion/hint for me?

Nandroid backups are quite large (/sdcard/TWRP/BACKUPS).

Apparently you've also installed Windows 10 on your device since you only have 7.7gb Android /data partition.

My Chuwi Hi 10 plus came with Android 5.1.1 I've flashed CM 12.1, I likes It, but the Launcher is not good for a tablet with docker. 

Then I flashed Remix OS and it's perfect. 

There is any option of Remix OS 3.0?

Great Work!

Guest KonstaT
4 hours ago, rig3l said:

My Chuwi Hi 10 plus came with Android 5.1.1 I've flashed CM 12.1, I likes It, but the Launcher is not good for a tablet with docker. 

Then I flashed Remix OS and it's perfect. 

There is any option of Remix OS 3.0?

Great Work!

There's about six million third party launchers available at Play Store you can use. At least with CyanogenMod you can change the launcher unlike with Remix OS...

Like already asked and answered several times, Remix OS 3.0 (which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow) is not going to happen.

Guest RichardB71
On 11-12-2016 at 5:02 PM, KonstaT said:

How to install:

1. boot into TWRP recovery
  2. backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
  4. wipe -> factory reset
  5. install RemixOS-Bxxxxxxxxxx-chuwi_vi10plus.zip
  6. (install Hi10 Plus/Hi10 Pro/Hibook Pro/Hi12 patch if necessary - see FAQ below)
  7. reboot system

RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298916095
md5:3ceb8d817c1113480b5e31971cc45b0f

RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12-451609XXX.zip (latest batch - serial no 451609XXX)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=529152257862689659
md5:0df88ff0ca593747433af94b7585267e

Hi Konsta,

Following your guide I manage to get rid of the freeze and the keyboard problems. But after using a root booster in hope to solve wifi-problems (loosing signal constantly) only problem was the speed of wify dropped significantly (only 0,5-4 mbps, normally around 26mbps). So I tryed to install the backup I made and wanted to start in all over, but after replacing the backup through TWRP recovery, my tablet wont startup again: it hangs on the Chuwi logo screen, nothing els happins. (I can still go to boot menu through power/volume down). Reinstalling recovery rom did not help, same problem.

What is the best thing to do? Instal this one through TWRP recovery: RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12-451609XXX.zip? (i guess that also doesn't fix the problem). Do you have a solution? I don't really need Remix so if SM or Lollipop is better then I will try that, Could you please point out which direction I should try?

Grtz, Richard

Chuwi VI10 Plus build 2016080801

Edited by RichardB71

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, RichardB71 said:

Hi Konsta,

Following your guide I manage to get rid of the freeze and the keyboard problems. But after using a root booster in hope to solve wifi-problems (loosing signal constantly) only problem was the speed of wify dropped significantly (only 0,5-4 mbps, normally around 26mbps). So I tryed to install the backup I made and wanted to start in all over, but after replacing the backup through TWRP recovery, my tablet wont startup again: it hangs on the Chuwi logo screen, nothing els happins. (I can still go to boot menu through power/volume down). Reinstalling recovery rom did not help, same problem.

What is the best thing to do? Instal this one through TWRP recovery: RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus-Hi12-451609XXX.zip? (i guess that also doesn't fix the problem). Do you have a solution? I don't really need Remix so if SM or Lollipop is better then I will try that, Could you please point out which direction I should try?

Grtz, Richard

Chuwi VI10 Plus build 2016080801

Did you create that nandroid backup before you disabled dm-verity? In that case you need to flash patch to disable it. You need to create 'system image' backup in TWRP (vs. usual file based backup) if you want to be able to restore to dm-verity enabled state.

Follow installation instructions in the third post of this thread. You most definitely shouldn't flash any H12 compatibility patch for your Vi10 Plus!

Guest RichardB71
23 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

Did you create that nandroid backup before you disabled dm-verity? In that case you need to flash patch to disable it. You need to create 'system image' backup in TWRP (vs. usual file based backup) if you want to be able to restore to dm-verity enabled state.

Follow installation instructions in the third post of this thread. You most definitely shouldn't flash any H12 compatibility patch for your Vi10 Plus!

Thank you for your fast reply!

I created the backup simply in the TWRP menu. But now I have a bigger problem.... My brother came by and he told me he could fix it... But i guess he erased stuff because when trying to install (through TWRP) recovery, its telling us there is no OS on the device!! :(      Now my brother went home again but I am stucked with a non-working device. Nothings bricked though, still was able to put TWRP recovery to it.

I will have a look now if there is a way to reinstall official Chuwi ROM, Android 5.1 or CM 12/13. What would you suggest? Not touching the device till then,,,

Installing  RemixOS-B2016092102-chuwi_vi10plus.zip as mention in the third thread you referred to did the trick, thanks!!!

Still leaves me with the question if it is better to install Android 5.1/CM12 instead of Remix. Could this improve performance, especially Wifi? 

Edited by RichardB71

Guest suhridkhan

Thanks for the great rom.

Just wanted to share an observation. Not a bug, so nothing to fix here. :-)

For some apps, I have been observing a slight shift in the touch point response. This can be overcome by going to the app settings and checking 'open in fullscreen mode'. So I am guessing this is a Remix issue.

Edited by suhridkhan

Guest KonstaT
20 hours ago, m.ksy said:

Is this ROM can be installed on Hi10 (not Pro and not Plus) dualboot Q64G421607xxxxx (version with plastic corpus an two standard USB ports)?

No.

Guest Danymyte

Hi KonstaT,

thanks a lot for this ROM. I have it installed on my Hi10 Plus and it works great.

One question: I have tried to install exFAT/NTFS support on this rom based on fuse by flashable zips from XDA and TechTablets, but I can't get exfat support running
on my device. Have you tried to add exfat by chance and can give some advise or guidance? By the way it works great on your CM12 ROM but I personally would like to stick to Remix.

Really would appreciate any help here. Thanks!

Guest Richtj999

I want to use Titanium Backup to restore some apps from my phone to the tablet.  I think we need root to do so.  Is this version of Remix rooted?

Guest KonstaT
11 hours ago, Danymyte said:

Hi KonstaT,

thanks a lot for this ROM. I have it installed on my Hi10 Plus and it works great.

One question: I have tried to install exFAT/NTFS support on this rom based on fuse by flashable zips from XDA and TechTablets, but I can't get exfat support running
on my device. Have you tried to add exfat by chance and can give some advise or guidance? By the way it works great on your CM12 ROM but I personally would like to stick to Remix.

Really would appreciate any help here. Thanks!

No, I haven't tried. Did you test this?

10 hours ago, Richtj999 said:

I want to use Titanium Backup to restore some apps from my phone to the tablet.  I think we need root to do so.  Is this version of Remix rooted?

Read FAQ, third post of this thread.

Guest Danymyte
36 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

No, I haven't tried. Did you test this?

Yes, I tried that one and in addition also this with the following change:

if [ x$SECONDARY_STORAGE == x ]; then
	SECONDARY_STORAGE=/storage/sdcard1
fi

Both did unfortunately not work for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest KonstaT
On 1/1/2017 at 8:20 PM, KonstaT said:

/sys/class/backlight/intel_backlight/brightness is the backlight path. You can cat/echo values for testing purposes.

There's framework configs for backlight (e.g. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base/blob/cm-12.1/core/res/res/values/config.xml#L951). On prebuilt ROM like this you'd need to use apktool to decompile/recompile framework to change that.

On CyanogenMod minimum brightness is set to 10 but it actually only goes down to 29 using brightness slider. There's probably some kernel side limitation. Edit. It's actually lights HAL issue. You need to give sane default values (see https://github.com/CM-CHT/android_device_intel_cherrytrail-common/commit/9faf6a47cd51f5d446d58a1203d4631c1466f315) and recompile lights HAL.

Here's a patch with lights HAL from latest CM12.1 build. This will allow setting lower minimum brightness (framework min = 10).

vi10plus-fix-minbrightness.zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120704070
md5:0862707567ca81265a639fa79eae7f57

Edited by KonstaT

Guest voteforpresident

The lights HAL works perfectly. BUT the built in brightness slider can't go to the maximum brightness the device is capable of, which was the case before I applied the patch.
It would be great if you can patch that too.