Curve launches on Android (with £5 free on signup and for each referral)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Curve, the virtual credit / debit card that has already launched on iOS has finally launched out of private Beta on Android and is downloadable now from the Play Store.

After signing up to a free Curve card, you can assign your other cards to it and switch between them at will, paying via conventional means or using contactless payments. It works incredibly well and is a great way of keeping track of transactions etc. Purchase notifications are pushed to your phone instantly, email receipts can be switched on and receipt image capture, currently available on iOS, will be coming to the Android app in the future. There's no Android Pay support as yet, I really hope this comes at some point!

curveblue.png

The card itself (the entry level 'Blue' version) was previously paid for, but it is now free for a limited time. A 'Black' version is also available which will offer a higher cashback rate in the future as is a black version with an included card wallet.

curvess.png

As well as the cards you load on the app, a built in reward card is included. This is empty on a normal signup, but if you sign up with the code 'TBXZH', you will then be credited with £5 the first time you use the card. For each friend you refer, you will get an additional £5. Pretty great really, who doesn't like free money?

There are some useful value add features I've enjoyed in the time I've had the app on iOS, such as the ability to withdraw cash against credit cards with no fee (as the CC just sees it as a regular transaction) and the excellent foreign exchange rates. I used it abroad and got better rates than my Fair FX card!

Head on over to the Play Store to download.

[Note: This is targetting self employed and entrepreneurs right now. So determine how entrepreneurial you are!]

View full item

Guest Voxpop2011

I was really excited about this until I saw there is no Android pay support.  My bank is taking forever to 'get with the programme' having only introduced Apple's pay system THIS YEAR. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.