Root for lollipop on hudl2

Guest jamesyk34

Guest jamesyk34

I know its a long shot but wondering if there have been any updates in being able to root lollipop on hudl2. Mine has got to the state where there is only 1% storage space left and I have uninstalled most of my apps but the storage space keeps decreasing. Dont really want to do a factory reset if I can help it and was hoping to get it rooted to find and delete the file that is eating up storage space. 

thanks

Guest milos71

I Installed CCleaner and run a scan it will clear all of your app caches and free up some space to allow you to update installed apps.

Also I use diskuseage which gives a graphical map of your internal storage so you can identify your worst culprits for storage hogging. Mines always been Facebook. Which I uninstall.

For some reason it gets re-installed at times.

I also moved some apps to the external micro SD storage. Care when using this as if the SD card gets corrupted you will have issues running the apps moved.

Guest jamesyk34

I have already done this countless times. I have even uninstalled apps that I like just to be able to update the apps I have to keep only for something to continually keep using up the installed space. For example I uninstalled my satnav software which was taking up 400mb but after uninstall I had less space than I started with before uninstall !!??

I remember reading somewhere that there is a file that can only be viewed and deleted with root access and was hoping to sort this out.

Guest Jabbitt

It's a shame we can't ask Tescos or the supplying company (paragon?) for the root access and/or a blank image of a clean android install. The device is discontinued, what would they care?

I wish I could uninstall all the apps I never use still as wuaki, Spotify and all the tesco apps.