Sign in to follow this  
lobespear

Going from Slim ICS to Stock/Vodafone UK ICS

lobespear    2

Hi, not sure if there are any G300 users still around, but if there are....

I want to encrypt and factory reset my G300 before selling it. But it doesn't work with my current rom, Slim ICS. (I just get the green Android man image and nothing else happens). I thought that maybe the encryption functionality will only work with stock/Vodafone UK rom. So I want to move from Slim ICS to Stock/Vodafone UK. Following these instructions: http://huaweig300.com/huawei-g300-install-a-custom-jelly-bean-ics-rom-from-scratch/install-the-custom-rom/ tells me I need the file "recovery-flash-b952.zip" - which unfortunately doesnt exist anymore. 

What can I do? My end goal is to leave the phone wiped of my data and on ICS before selling it. All guides say that you should encrypt the phone before doing a factory reset to wipe your data. Are there any other roms with working encryption? Or is there any way to get hold of the "recovery-flash-b952.zip" file? 

Any help appreciated, thanks!

mack_    88

It has been a while since I have last posted...

Hi dude, all I can say is that I have bought and sold several devices over the years. a simple factory reset will do and there is no need to be faffing around with encryption.

Cheers,

mack_

wbrambley    70

IMO I'd ask the person you sell it to what they want.

If you find the stock ROM to install via dload folder first use the Huawei update extractor to pull out the recovery.img. Then flash the recovery. Them use dload method.

lobespear    2

Ok, so i've got the UPDATE.APP and the extractor tool. I've extracted 28 IMG files, including "12.recovery.img". And now I'm confused. What now?

I think I need to make a flashable zip out of some of these files, but which ones? Only "12.recovery.img"? How do I convert them into the zip file format for flashing?