How to remove the SPV E100 SIM LOCK... PERMANENTLY!

Guest Star_Dudy

Guest Griff7000
Hello!!

I have a Smartphone E200 and the unlock software because iam in australia and want to use it,now as I started the bootloader a 3 colour display came which written on it:

Smart phone

v1.03  doc

As I startet the unlock programm following message came from the program:

unexpected answer hideclear 650515 "found a sniffer heh :)"

ERROR hideclear this command is not supported.

do command "hideclear 650515" found a sniffer heh :)""ERROR

So now i dont know what is wrong with it?is the version to new?when yes who i can get an older version?

I do not have any sim cards in the phone i got 1 sim card is but an australian called optus.

So and iam using winxp home.

xpowersv

This is the exact same error i get.

I need to downgrade the bootloader, but have searched this site for ages now and cant find anything on downgrading it.

Is it even possible?

Guest tommysboy

Its doesn't work for me.... when I press the lock nothing happens. Where am I supposed to be looking for the code once I have poressed the lock symbol? :roll:

Guest coolfire

Is it possible to sim unlock a spv with 1.10 bootloader without any downgrade? becas the spvunlock program isn't work with bl 1.10.

And is there any reason why it not work with the 1.10 bl... any alternative?

Guest spv n00b

The file needed to unlock is not accessable, it keeps telling me that access is forbidden... can someone help me please... i just bought a first version spv and i need to unlock it so i can use the damn thing. thanks for your help.

Guest awarner [MVP]
The file needed to unlock is not accessable, it keeps telling me that access is forbidden... can someone help me please... i just bought a first version spv and i need to unlock it so i can use the damn thing. thanks for your help.

The oringinal version is available at www.monolithix.org and the latest

version can be accessed via the sticky post in the HTC TanagerCanary section.

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=101980

Guest CENCINAS3

I got the prog and i got the instructions all i want to know is if any one know if this will work with a mpx200 usa (svp at&t) if any one knows please tell me and it it does not if any one could help i would appreciate it

Guest awarner [MVP]

No it will only work on the SPV and E100 phones

for SIMunlocking the MPX200 you will have to pay someone to do it

at the moment but it will cost between £30 to $80 :?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XD_Andy

Fantastic site this, and what's more Orange Tech Support pointed me to it!!!

Anyway, for those that have updated there SPV's to 1.6 Firmware (Bootloader 1.10) I thought I'd post a link to SPVUnlock2 which works with this...I couldn't see one in the pages I looked at, but if I missed it and am re-posting info, forgive me.

The web page is at

http://www.smartease.net/news_73.html

and the file link is

http://www.hp-sources.com/test_bruno/SPVUnlock2c.zip

It's in French...

Good luck.

Andy

Edit: Nuts.....didn't look hard enough it seems. Sorry.......(how'd I delete a post???)

Hi

I have done all that has been said to be done but im gitting Enter SIM Unlocking code. is this not the code you get from SPVUnlock II as I have tried that code 3 times now i have to wait 12sec to enter another. Please help.

Peter

Guest nick1087

I cant seem to get it working on my SPV E200

I get the dos screen and it says

Retrieving SPV Unlock Code : 0%- Unexpected answer - aborting. verify WCESCOMM is terminated and the phone is in bootloader mode

I have terminated the WCESCOMM

Guest HiTeK_PromDi
Dont forget to do it from a fresh boot of your machine

And close all them pesky progs running in the background too

"I'm so happy <a href=http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=3976>SIM Unlock</a> and de-certed"  

Today IS a good day to die :D

hi!

i've read the whole thread,aside from the orange decertification

what procedures did you decert your phone?

TIA

Guest k9oky

Ok a week ago i was delivered 2 brand new Orange SPV E200. Luckily i have an ok computer knowledge, so have spent little time browsing this forum but installed allsorts of stuff on the phone, enocoded amazingly good quality and tiny mpeg/divx movies, and bought a 512mb sd card. Firstly I knew there would be a site like this for this phone, but never thought it would be quite as useful as it actually is. Good work to all the people that dedicate some of their time for this - it is well worth it!!! Im using a windows xp sp2 machine.

ive tried running both spvunlock.exe and spvunlock2c.exe whilst the phone was cradle-bound, sd card free, and phone in coloured bootloader screen. by the way whilst in that screen it said v1.09, i presume that was the bootloader version. both dont work.

i know exactly why they dont work, orange know and have changed it. Fair play let them do that, but is there any other utility that will unlock the phone to use any network providers' sim card. i was actually willing to pay for it, until orange said you will have to pay £50 AND you have to pay off both contracts on both phones £500+ easily. after much asking the man

[me] "can you please explain to me why i have to pay off my contract as well as the high admin charge?"

[orange]"you may stop the contract!"

[me] "but im in a 12 month contract with you, so i cant stop the contract right?"

[orange] "well, yes."

[me] "so can you please explain to me why i have to pay off my contract as well as the high admin charge?" (i asked this like at least 10 times to the person at the other end of the phone.)

if anyone could give me a good suggestion why, or is it just to make you try and find a way to do it for free.

anyway - i digress.

so, if there isnt a current utility that unlocks the phone for other network providers, and there isnt a way to downgrade/flash from v1.09 bootloader to 0.98 (cant quite remember which one). is it just a matter of waiting for one to be written, cos what i do know is that if orange have just written it differently into the rom on the later bootloader, it will be just a matter of time before someone more knowledgable than Orange :D cracks this later bootloader and writes a utility to do this.

Guest rentagub

a big thanks to "star_dudy" this works a treat and first time ....

done both spv phones in minutes and tried them with o2,and vodafone

and working fine ... thanks again ... ray

Guest millbrook

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me if this works with O2 (and any other networks other than Vodaphone) ?

Want to look at other options.

Thanks.