Best Next Gen Gaming System?

Guest Myke

Guest Syvwlch

There is also a software CD for Playstation that allows it to read media from your home network, including DivX, thru the network adaptor. This is a legally sold product on the market in the US. Can't remember what it's called, tho, and last time I checked there was no European version...

Guest Syvwlch

Just remembered!

It's the Qcast Tuner, from BroadQ...

It's cheap ($50), and the feature set is impressive, but I haven't had a chance to try it out, as I :

a) live on the wrong continent

:) don't own a PS2

Guest ssj_kakarot

i have an x-box and gamecube, must admit i like me gamecube better, although the x-box is a better performer, i got live to like, never ever played with the thing really part from a few outings on unreal torny, still its all ways nice to have the features even if i dont use them, i think ill be gettin a ps2 later this month, but only for final fantasy 10 (im an addict) other than that the best next gen console is by far the gameboy sp, he he ive spent n e ammounts of time on that little thing. :)

Normal tvs require resolutions of 512xwhatever - manages that fine and looks as good as a good vhs. Haven't really tried more demanding ones except the odd 640x one, whcih also ran fine..

Guest fraser

Thanks Emad (that was me as guest). I might try and get a hold of it, but I'm still undecided on whether or not to get the X-Box option. With the price of the PS2 network card, the DiVX player and the action replay CD (or mod chip), I'm not all that far off the price of an XBox. Plus, the XBox stuff is open source, and it should advance faster and have more new features added as time progresses.

Myke, I think there are emulators for the XBox coming out or already released. There's your Zelda!! :)

Hehe, I play Zelda on my PS2 - Links to the Past :)

That DivX player doesn't require a network card - just a PS2 and a plugin, no-solder mod (£10-£15?). XBox is more flexible tho, but I won't have something that ugly in my sitting room :-D

Guest fraser

No network card? Mmm, tempting. I do want to have a more complete solution though...I've got a lot of media on network shares at home, I only burn to CD when I don't have enough cash to buy another hard-drive! :)

I'm loving the fact that community based products are ripping into the commercial ones. There isn't really a commercial alternative to this sort of thing, and it would have been unlikely to happen if projects like the PS2/XBox media players weren't around. ;)

I planning on having my next computer upgrade being a shift from my tower case to one of those wee little spacecube cases with an nForce2/FX (depending whats out at the time) chipset and infrared peripherals. Then shall I be able to have a full entertainment system in my sitting room - especially as its water cooled and therefore nice n quiet..

Hehe, I play Zelda on my PS2 - Links to the Past :)

That DivX player doesn't require a network card - just a PS2 and a plugin, no-solder mod (£10-£15?). XBox is more flexible tho, but I won't have something that ugly in my sitting room :-D

Where can i get one of these from? I dont want to mod my ps2 with solder, i just want it to be able to playback divx