Sign in to follow this  
amo

Fear the wrath of Monolithix

amo    0

Is it me or has Monolithix gone on a mad rampage of closing threads and moving threads around!!! He's is becoming scary! :cry:

Please dont close this down or move it anywhere else Mono..hehe

:)

Vector    0

Yeah, i've noticed this, he seems to have become addicted to locking threads and putting them in the right places. Well it is what mods are for, isn't it :roll:

amo    0

A bit anal though! how about he addes "Topic Locked" to his signiture!

Vector    0

There goes another!!! :shock:

He's a man possessed

Vector    0

Should start betting on which one he will lock next..,he he

Vector    0

Don't worry mono, only kidding :wink:

amo    0

Monolithix, it is annoying when people dont search. Especially when the questions so stupidly obvious, like how do i unlock my fone etc etc. You kick their asses! :)

Monolithix    0

amo: I know, hence mass buttock prodding :)

Davidrm: cheers hehe

Everyone else: I'll not be here during the day tomorrow so you can all rest easy ;p

awarner    95
Everyone else: I'll not be here during the day tomorrow so you can all rest easy ;p

Ohhh but I am :evil: :)

spacemonkey    0

I hate to support cross posting non searching fools, and I think Mono is doing a champion job disciplining the masses... but....

The search system on this board drives me nuts when I try to use it. I invariably get a vast number of not particularly relevant items on any search and usually give up and go for the "I think it was in software a few days ago, so scroll 1 page down" type approach for finding what I was looking for.

Vector    0

yeah, the search thing is hard to use. Especially when i am looking for posts from ages ago.

Monolithix    0

Hohoho, awarner in the house o/

And if the boss isn't bothered, maybe i'll abuse my "unlimited" GPRS some more in my management course tomorrow and keep an eye on things from my phone ;p

edit: yus, admittedly there is a knack to using the search feature, i'll always suggest a thread before i lock a "repeat question" thread though...

Will    0

just wait paul, you'll get a warning for crossposting or similar soon!

Will

casper508    0
I hate to support cross posting non searching fools, and I think Mono is doing a champion job disciplining the masses... but....

The search system on this board drives me nuts when I try to use it.  I invariably get a vast number of not particularly relevant items on any search and usually give up and go for the "I think it was in software a few days ago, so scroll 1 page down" type approach for finding what I was looking for.

Tell me about it. At times I get 200-300 search results and just cant be arsed to thru all of em. Secondly, it too embarassing to ask for a topic specially if u've spend over 2 weeks on the forum!!! :oops:

So here's my workaround:

FAVOURITES!!!!

I have(still am) created specific folders in my IE favs for the most popular/useful topics. Ill go thru it thoroughly this w/end again. Then maybe I'll upload it to the forum so other members can benefit.

Monolithix    0

That is the point of the new articles forum, to make searches easier, and threads are being moved there as and when necsasary (can never spell that word :/)

As for the search i can usually find what i'm looking for about 95% of the time, you just need to get the "knack" ;p