Windows xp auto grouping

Guest amo

Does ne1 know how to change the properties of auto grouping of like items in the taskbar in xp? I want it to it allows more items in the taskbar before it groups.

Guest Paul [MVP]

Right click task bar, properties, 'Group Similar Taskbar Buttons' turns it on or off - I think that's as much granularity as you get :)

P

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
3. Grouping/ungrouping taskbar items

Try opening more than three windows of any program, for instance Internet Explorer, and you will see them automatically grouped together under a single button. This happens because Windows XP, by default, enables the option for grouping similar programs on the taskbar. To uncheck this option, right-click on a blank area of the Taskbar and select Properties. Under Properties, deselect ‘Group Similar Taskbar Buttons’, and then click OK.

If you want to specify the number of windows before Window XP groups the program windows, you will have to navigate to the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindows CurrentVersionExplorerAdvancedTaskbar Groupsize. Now right-click on Taskbar Groupsize and change the hexadecimal value to whatever you like (for example, 4 or 5 or even 10). XP will now group the programs according to the number you set.

"search" goddamnit ;p

A quick google and i found http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/artic...upwindowsxp.php with the above guide.

Hope this helps :)