Phone Settings Repository

Guest Syvwlch

Guest justafeind

8-[ I need to activate my o2 sim for gprs and wap settings but they ask what phone i have what should i tell them i have coz cant say SPV!! !!!! ?????????????????????????????? ](*,)

Say that you have an Internet compatable phone (like the P800) and that you would like to be activated for GPRS internet. If your account type won't allow it (not contract) then ask for WAP GPRS instead.

Tell them that you are clever and that you will set up GPRS on the phone manually :lol:

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Service Provier: T-Mobile

GPRS Connection

Title: T-Zones

Connects to: The Internet

Access Point: wap.voicestream.com

Username:

Password:

Primary DNS: 216.155.165.050

Secondary DNS: 216.155.165.050

IP Address:

HELP! - I have these settings, and am unable to connect to either Hotmail (via passport) or log on to MSN Messenger. I have the Tmobile unlimited ($19.99) data plan and so should not be restricted. Has anyone had this problem, ot better been able to solve it?

I have the Tmobile unlimited ($19.99) data plan and so should not be restricted

Hi pkitch

I think you need to use a different APN (Access Point Name) for the unlimited Internet acccess.

Instead of APN wap.voicestream.com try using internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com. Just create a GPRS connection with the Internet APN and attach it to the 'Internet connection' in Data conenctions.

Then try MSN messenger again.

Hi pkitch

I think you need to use a different APN (Access Point Name) for the unlimited Internet acccess.

Instead of APN wap.voicestream.com try using internet2.voicestream.com or internet3.voicestream.com. Just create a GPRS connection with the Internet APN and attach it to the 'Internet connection' in Data conenctions.

Then try MSN messenger again.

Martin, thanks very much! This did the trick. I had to actually add a second connection (as well as the first wap.voicestream.com APN) for it to succeed. Thanks again...

Guest kaminski

Moved to Malaysia over a year ago and my SPV has been redundent ever since...but now they are rolling out GPRS on Maxis Hotlink over here...so can anyone help me with the settings and config. I'll need them to actually use this smartphone? Any advice will be appreciated...I visited a Maxis shop with my SPV and they just didn't have a clue or the actual settings at hand to help me....and thanks for a great site...been browsing for over an hour now! :roll:

Hi kaminski

Maxis Hotlink :?

I assume the Access Point Names are the same as normal.

Try this and see if works for you :)

Programs-Settings-Data connections

Menu-Options

Maxis

Create GPRS connection.

Description: Maxis NET

Access point: internet.gprs.maxis

User name: (blank)

Password: (blank)

Primary DNS: 202.75.129.101

Secondary DNS: 202.75.129.102

IP address: (blank)

Create proxy connection

Description: Maxis Proxy

Connects from: The Internet

Connects to: WAP network

Proxy (name:port): 202.075.133.049

Type: WAP

Username: blank

Password: blank

Create GPRS connection.

Description: Maxis WAP

Access point: net

User name: maxis

Password: wap

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

In data connections

Internet Connection: Maxis NET

WAP connection: Maxis WAP

In Internet Explorer, goto connections and tick 'Automatically detect settings'

Note: http://(address) uses the Internet Connection and wsp://(address) uses the WAP connection

Try http://www.google.com and wsp://www.google.com/wml

Maxis Homepage: wsp://wap.maxi.com.my/wml/index.wml

MMS setup

Create GPRS connection.

Description: Maxi MMS

Connects to: MMS connection

Access point: net

User name: maxis

Password: wap

Primary DNS:

Secondary DNS:

Select Programs- Accessories - MMS setup

MMSC=http://172.16.74.100:10021/mmsc

Data Connection=Maxis MMS

Gateway=WAP 1.0 Gateway

IP Address: 202.75.133.49

Port: 9201

Encoding=Binary

Guest kaminski

Thanks Martin...will try later today and let you know...I do appreciate your quick reply and advice..Cheers:)

I entered the details as you mentioned,when trying to connect it says dialling,I get the G sign and after about 30 seconds it puts up an error message :oops: Unable to connect,verify you have coverage.To do this I install the sim in an old motorola accompli and I it connects straight away!

Any other advice you can give will be appreciated...scratching my old head here now!

Guest kaminski

Martin

Here is how maxis set up the Motorola:

Connection set up.Profile One

Default =GPRS

Name=Hotlink Wap GPRS

Access Pt=Net

User=maxis

Password=wap

Inactivity timer=5min

Browser set up as follows;

Name=Hotlink Wap GPRS

Primary IP=202.75.133.49

Port=9201

the rest are all blank

Bookmark setup is:http://wap.maxis.com.my/wml/index.wml

I also received this set up from Maxis for a MiTech 8380 which they said would work...but it doesn't....anyway,heres what they sent me

Configure your phone

1. Select Program, More, Settings on your home screen

2. Select Data Connections in the Settings.

3. Select Menu, Edit Connections.

4. Select GPRS Connections in the Connections.

5. Select Menu, Add.

6. Key in 'Maxis' in Description. Select The Internet in Connects to. Key in 'net' in Access point, 'maxis' in User name.

7. Key in 'wap' in Password. Select Done

8. Select Maxis in Internet connection. Select Done.

The SPV I have has been application unlocked via the e200 programme

The phone works with everything else(downloads etc),sms is okay etc....just won't get a GPRS connection!

Martin..I appreciate your advice and I am sure you can tell that I am completely useless at these gadget things!!

Guest kaminski

Martin..just another question...on MMs set up...on my SPV I don't have a gateway...or encoding....I have

Name

Ip

Port

Mmsc address

message expiry

deliver report

read report

hide sender

MMs downloads.......

Hmmmm!

Guest justafeind

also anyone on o2 pay and go that can send media messages (Photos & stuff) dont know if my settings are wrong but its not working!!

Acess point

payandgo.o2.co.uk

User name

payandgo

prim DNS

sec DNS

IP address

balnk

any idea's???? :shock: :) :?

kaminski

The Motorola phone confirms the GPRS setting (for WAP over GPRS) so there no reason for it not to work on the SPV. The APN net may have restrictions set by the network provider but WML pages should definitely work.

Try deleting ALL existing dial-up, proxy and GPRS connections.

Re-create the Maxis WAP and proxy connection.

Go to Internet Explorer, Menu-Options-Connections, untick 'auto detect settings' and make 'Select Network: WAP network'. Try and access www.google.com/wml

Let us know if the above works

also anyone on o2 pay and go that can send media messages (Photos & stuff) dont know if my settings are wrong but its not working!!

Just dug out my O2 prepaid SIM and got MMS working (kind of :? )

I used these settings

GPRS connection

Description O2 MMS

Connects to: Orange MMS

Access Point: payandgo.o2.co.uk

User name: payandgo

Password: password

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

MMS setup

O2 MMS

IP: 193.113.200.195

Port: 9201

Mmsc Address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

I managed to successfully send a picture m,essage from O2 to my email address and to my orange phone :)

The only problem I have is sending an MMS to myself on the O2 network. O2 should send me a text message with the MMS details for download but instead I'm being notified with a blank text message from 8020. It's probably caused by smartphones not being recognised on the O2 network as it's not on their MMS compatibility list. Trying to see if I can get round this somehow.

Guest kaminski

Hi Martin...thanks for your advice :) I did what you suggested with the exception of unticking the auto detect....when unchecked it would not load...and on the IE screen it would always say dialling....witht the box checked it says finding....and then up pops the page :D

I think that will do for me! Can't imagine the horrors involved in trying to set up MMS...lol....anyway...thanks a lot for your time and advice,I really do appreciate it:)

Guest justafeind

hello martin i tryed what u said and thank you very much for spending all that time figurin it out but the part where it say's

Connect to: my phone doesnt say o2 mms just orange mms!!!! :?

Try and access www.google.com/wml  
i also tryed this but the screen goes blank after it says connecting any ideas??? but i can get on to just google.com and it looks the same as when on the pc!!??

:) :roll:

Hi iTreKs

nuco posted this address earlier in the thread  

http://www.qtek.nu/default.asp?nc=4405&id=...d=30&element=43

Posted from my SmartPhone!

That is for Qtek 7070, i have tryed it, i stuck when i must choose "Connects to" There is no MMS Connection, just Wap Network, Secure Wap network, The Internet and Work.

Please help me, i need MMS settings for my Qtek 8080 Telia/Sweden

Guest Toyota-F1.com

I've looked, not with a fine tooth comb, but I've looked carefully through this thread for the Orange PAYG Settings. I know what all of the settings are, but I don't kno exactly where to put them, I've tried a couple places, but it still doesn't connect. :?

iTreKs

I don't have a HTC Voyager so I'm not 100% sure about this but I did have a look on the net to see how the 8080 is being setup for MMS. I think that if MMS APN and the WAP APN are the same then the MMS can connect via the WAP Network. If MMS has it's own APN then it will require its own GPRS connection and I have seen being connected to the Secure WAP connection instead (probably because it's an unused connection).

* I found the settings for the E200 but the MMS software seems to be setup slighty different from the QTEK 8080 :?

Anyway try to setup MMS with the following and see if it works.

(just copy the APN, username, password, MMSC and gateway addresses from the qtek site).

Start - Settings - More - Data Connections

Menu - Edit Connections - GPRS connections

Description: Telia MMS

Connects to: Secure WAP network

Access Point: (apn)

User name: (username)

Password: (password)

Home - Start - More - MMS - Settings - Menu - New

Name: Telia MMS

MMSC URL: (MMSC address)

WAP Gateway: (Gateway address)

Done