Moddified ALARM Plug-in [UPDATED 10/06/03]

Guest Richie M

Guest fozzie

Pagemakers,

All I did was to install the LonghornM5 theme. Take a copy of the AlarmPlugin.dll. Uninstall the LonghornM5 theme. Install the original alarm_plugin.cab and then copied the new AlarmPlugin.dll over the old AlarmPlugin.dll. Probably did a soft reset for good measure. Job done, clickable alarm setting from the Homescreen :lol:

Of course if Richie M is going to be good enough to release it as a self installing cab then you don't need to bother with all the above. But just in case you can't wait.................. :D

Guest Pagemakers

Fozzie - tried it your way and it still locks up :lol:

See maxh2003's posting on the previous page

Mine is doing exactly that. I think Richie needs to tweak it a bit.

Guest fozzie

Not sure what you mean by asking have I done what maxh2003 suggests? I've never had it lock up so haven't really taken any notice of how I get out of alarm settings.

Edit: Just tried to replicate what you guys are experiencing. The phone didn't lock up bit I had ended up having to take the battery off! I used the Homescreen alarm plugin to get to the alarm settings, hit Home and then the alarm plugin again. I could change any of the settings that I wanted on that page - just couldn't get out of it, hence taking the battery off!

I then did the same but instead of using the alarm plugin the second time, I went in through the Start Menu to settings. I did notice that just before the main settings screen came up, I briefly saw the Date & Time screen. Everything carried on working as normal.

I agree, this is a very very minor bug in the alarm-plugin, but certainly not a drama. It's good practice to use 'done' or 'cancel' to exit a screen anyway :lol:

Guest fozzie

Why wait and do without the functionality? It could take Richie some time to fix it! Can't you just stop pressing the Home key and press Done or Cancel instead? :D

I'd like to be able to change the text colour but I'm not going to avoid using the plugin because I can't. I'm more than happy with one click alarm setting from my Homescreen :lol:

Guest Richie M

:oops: sorry guys, bit late but here is the version from the M5 _homescreen.

I get the same results as Fozzie regarding lock-ups, but havent had chance to find a work-around :D

The other thing you'll notice with this version is that when you select the Alarm the text stays Black, this is because it's hard-coded; and as i had to reformat my development PC yesterday i havent had chance to change the code :oops: sorry.

As usually unzip the file and run the CAB :lol:

alarm.zip

Guest fozzie

Richie. Thanks for the effort mate. I know you've said previously that you wern't going to carry on developing this plug-in as a standalone so appreciate your work.

Now if only, the text was hard coded as being white when selected...... :lol:

Guest Richie M
...or hard-coded to use a scheme color value :lol:

(ie COLOR_TEXTSELECT?)

er it does m8 :D

try changing COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT

(thats if my memory is correct :roll: as i havent got the code with me)

Guest fozzie

hmm deja-vu from my previous posts :lol: I've tried all that Richie. I can change the colour of the text when not selected but when selected, it is always black.

EDIT: The scheme attributes are COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHTTEXT (I would have thought it was this one) or COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT. I've got them both set to #FFFFFF.

Guest Richie M

Fozzie, yeah i thought of deja-vu to :D

Er i must be mistaken and confused then :roll: i'll look into it :lol:

(Richie M adds highlight text to the fix/to-do list)

Guest Richie M
try changing COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT  

(thats if my memory is correct :roll: as i havent got the code with me)

:lol: my memory was playing tricks on me :lol:

the scheme entry it is using ATM is COLOR_STATICTEXT

it originally used COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT :roll:

i'll change it back tonight and re-post :D

Guest fozzie
my memory was playing tricks on me :lol:

i'll change it back tonight and re-post :D

Hehe, that would explain it - my COLOR_STATICTEXT is #000000.

Will be great to have it use COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT instead. :lol:

Guest fozzie

i'll change it back tonight and re-post :lol:

Did we get side-tracked mate? :D

Guest Richie M
Did we get side-tracked mate? :lol:

:oops: er yeah i did, sorry.

Havent got the code with me so you'll have to wait until tonight (i promise i'll remeber) :oops: sorry again.

Guest fozzie

Cheers Richie. What am I doing wrong - text is still black when selected :D

I've got in my scheme:

color name="COLOR_HIGHLIGHTTEXT" value="#FFFFFF"

and I've got in the plug-in:

format state="selected" bgcolor="#FF6600" bgtext="transparent"

padding-left="4" padding-right="10" padding-top="5" padding-bottom="5"

font-face="nina" font-size="14" font-style="normal" font-weight="700" x="30" y="5" w="22" h="22" halign="left" valign="center"

Struggling now............??

EDIT: hmm, changing COLOR_STATICTEXT to #FFFFFF - the text is now white! U post the right version mate? :lol:

Guest Rusty

Having trouble with the last two versions of the alarm plugin. Both of them, when i try to install them come up with the line "Alarm.ARM.CAB failed to install on your device"

My phone is unlocked through orange and this is definitely working, as i use SmartExplorer to install the .cab files. Any ideas anybody???

The older alarm plugin, the one which does not allow you to click on it, installs fine.

Guest Rusty

Not installing to anywhere, i click on the cab in smartexplorer and it says 'download successful.......blah blah blah' then it just comes up with the failed to install message. Never gives me the option of install to card/phone. :?

Guest fozzie

Yeah, mine did the same - didn't give a choice where to install too, but did install fine- apart from still having the selected text set by COLOR_STATICTEXT :lol: