MS Office for Smartphone

It would be nice to have the Office suite like Pocket PC.

Also, if it allowed files to be edited on the PC version and then synched to the Smartphone.

When is it coming? Most probably with a heavy price tag!!!!

Guest hartree

Cerience have a app called RepliGo that installs as a dummy printer driver on your PC and lets you print any PC file to a file that their SPV viewer can show.

Cerience RepliGo

it works very well and integrates into office with a single "send to my mobile" button...its also very good at keeping the file size down - i converted a pretty complex 5Mb word document into a 750Kb repligo file, and it looked spot on!

you can't edit the file, but its certainly spot on for reading stuff on the train, or just having a copy of important stuff with you off-site.

and at $25, its a lot more useful and a lot cheaper than msoffice will ever be :)

plus, you can get compatible versions for pretty much any handheld platform (except the p800/nokia brigade.. ha ha! :wink: )

Guest IanCardiff

The repligo software does what it says....converts word and other files to a version that can be seen on the SPV, but what I would like is some software that would allow me to open and read Word documents that are sent to me as attachments to e-mails.

Anybody seen anything that will do this?

Guest IanCardiff

I have since found the Clear Vue site, it helps if I spell things correctly! It seems that the only system they have at the moment is for Pocket PCs, there is no mention of Smartphone. I'll just have to wait and see if they develope anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Has anyone any news on MS Office or similar products for Smartphone 2002? I'm also looking for something that will allow me to edit excel and word files on my smartphone? Isn't it nice to be able to edit that long document or spreadsheet you did on your desktop on your way to a presentation? They did it with powerpoint, I hope they can do the same with word and excel.

• 4 months later...