SMART Amazing Phone ROM updates

Guest jbyte

Guest jbyte

I would like to know if what is the latest Tanager ROM update to date. My Tanager displays ROM version 1.3.6.7. Last week, I met two out of eight persons who acquired their tanagers from Baguio with Plan 1335 for free. :shock: When I view the ROM version of their phones, it's much higher than mine. I cannot remember it well but it's something like version 1.3.7.9 (correct me if I'm wrong). And there's two apps added in the menu which I have not explored well. I forgot the names of those apps. Anyway, they will come back again for additional add-ons to their phones (i.e. ringtones, skins, games, and apps too).

Any link to the latest ROM update for the Tanager (if there's any), pls?

Guest ppcsurfr

I havve ROM Version 1.3.7.8 and it includes ActionEngine's Action Update and Action Backup.

Action Update is a browserless way of gettign updates over the air. Categories are loaded into the Smartphone for you to select from... more like a downloadable menu, then you simply select what you need and it will download it accordingly.

ActionBackup works the same way it backs up your info in a fairly secure manner... all you need to do is create your own ActionBackup account.

So how about that... wireless services for your SMART Amazing Phone... 8)

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

Guest jbyte

Thanks for the info ppcsurfr! :)

Frankly, I really forget about the links to the update site on the phone , since I'm using my pc all the time to look for some stuff.

I'll check if there's a direct link to that update. :?

Thanks again.

Guest jelicano

Thank God for this usegroup... It sure was nice buying from those women in red shirts but can't expect them to help us out in depth about the SAP. I'm a new SAP user, my SIM isn't even active yet. I'm migrating from using a Communicator and this Tanager looks very promising.

Well here's my first question I hope someone can answer:

I don't know if it's my phone or on all SAP's. When I try to do a hard reset it hangs to a white screen, I've done it once when it was new but now that I have data in it, it won't seem to continue to the menu... I still have 27days to return the phone :)

Guest jabez

Hi people!

Pardon the ignorance ...

What is the update for?

My "About" page indicates:

ROM update versions:

Operator: 1.3.6.7

Manufacturer: 1.3.6.7

Microsoft: 3.0.12255.0

Do I need an update?

What will it do for and to my phone?

Why does it seem so difficult to download and execute?

Guest jelicano

RE: Hard Reset.

I found the solution in another thread. It might be useful to people who are having the same problem

Follow the procedure on how to do a hard reset AND MAKE SURE that the DUMMY SD card is removed from the slot.

:)

Guest ppcsurfr
Hi people!

Pardon the ignorance ...  

What is the update for?

My "About" page indicates:

ROM update versions:

Operator: 1.3.6.7

Manufacturer: 1.3.6.7

Microsoft: 3.0.12255.0

Do I need an update?

What will it do for and to my phone?

Why does it seem so difficult to download and execute?

Hello.

The Action Update is a small application that runs on the Smartphone. It is a means of getting browserless updates over the air. Think of it as a downloadable menu of add-on items like ringtones and graphics and even applications.

It works this way.

You ask for the latest updates [Check for Updates], then it searches the database for updates...

It then prenets you with a menu

You select from the menu and download them. They install into your Smartphone.

You can then view also your downloaded itmes via the option [View Downloads]

This feature is included in the latest ROM version of the SMART Amazing Phone.

It also includes Action Backup which lets you back up yor phone's data into a server. You can even set it to do a scheduled backup and you can choose which data to back up too.

Guest dinoalbert

I see. So this Action Backup and Action Update is most recommended for people on the go right? And its additional expense for some hehe. BUT if you have a PC at home or at work where you spend most of your time, then I guess one can do all this backup and download with less expense.

cheers.

Guest bensy

RE: ACTION UPDATE

I am one of those person who got my Smart amazing Phone on the first day it was commercially released. I got a version 1.3.6.7 and I don't have that action update utility. does anyone knows if smart will be offering (free) updates? Other cellphone companies does for their brand. I have a friend who got her phone just last week and her rom version is 1.3.7.8.

Once updated, will the phone revert back to LOCK state? will the authorization code change?

Guest ppcsurfr
RE: ACTION UPDATE

Once updated, will the phone revert back to LOCK state? will the authorization code change?

What do you mean locked state? As in you had yours SIM unlocked?

If you do that and you get a new update from SMART and if it is a complete ROM update, your phone may well be SIM-locked again.

Guest jabez

Mabuhay ka, Carlo!

Once again, thanks for the info! How can I live without you (Naks!).

But please, let us take it easy ... a step at a time.

You said: ACTION UPDATE goes with the ROM update.

So, how do I get the ROM update?

What version do I get/use? UK? Denmark? France?

Are there DANGERS in updating?

I hope you "monitor" the topic I'm about to open for us (lower-life forms). I'll call the "SMARTPHONE FOR DUMMIES" ... he he he

Guest vctor
Hi people!

Does anybody here know how to deal with thie problem?

When an SMS I am trying to send is not sent ("Message Sending Failed"), I could not go back to the message to re-send it. I have to compose it all over again. Is there a way out of this?

go to menu > show folders > outbox

Guest vctor

hey guys kung meron man sa inyong gustong idispatsa yung mga luma nyong SD card bilhin ko na pwede? looking for 64-128mb SD card...

and question...What's the difference between SD card and MM Card? pwede ko ba silang gamitin pareho sa tanager ko?

and another question....Why can't I view the addict mobile menu on the STK service? Is this a bug? If it is...where can we report bugs? Definitely not to Smart dahil wala naman sila magagawa tungkol dito

one last question...kaya ba i run ng tanager and pocket pc apps?

Guest Raffy
Let the questions begin:

I unlocked my SmartPhone and tried a Globe (Prepaid) SIM on it. I was able to send an SMS to one of my contacts so I concluded that I did the right unlocking procedure.

Are there any dangers in unlocking the SmartPhone?  What "bugs" should I look out for?

jabez, could you pls share the unlocking code you used. I can't unlock mine probably due to my Win98se OS as dicussed also in the other forum.

Raffy

Guest Raffy

and another question....Why can't I view the addict mobile menu on the STK service? Is this a bug? If it is...where can we report bugs? Definitely not to Smart dahil wala naman sila magagawa tungkol dito

vctor, as per smart wireless center .. you must upgrade to the addict mobile sim to access their menu. Unfortunately you will have to pay for the upgrade.

Raffy

Guest jabez
jabez, could you pls share the unlocking code you used. I can't unlock mine probably due to my Win98se OS as dicussed also in the other forum.

Hi Raffy!

From what I know ... your phone has its own (unique) unlock code which the downloadable "SPVUnlock.exe" will tell you.

You might not be able to use mine ... besides I listed it on a piece of paper which I misplaced ... sorry

Mabuhay!

Guest kroblanx

Hindi pa yata nasagot kung saan nakukuha yung ROM update.. Orange has an SPV update that you can download from various sites. Is it the same thing?

Guest ppcsurfr
Hindi pa yata nasagot kung saan nakukuha yung ROM update.. Orange has an SPV update that you can download from various sites. Is it the same thing?

No it is not. The ROM update is specially designed for SMART Communications which includes tweaks to make use of SMART's system.

This is another reason why I've been asking those who are using a Globe SIM in their SAP if they have been able to use the other features such as Action Engine's Action Update or Action Backup.

Guest jelicano

I might be mistaken but I think Action update is just a site connected via the Internet may be hosted by Smart to encourage GPRS usage and thus rack up your metered usage.

Instead of using GPRS to do my updates and downloads I use my Broadband Internet connection via ethernet with my computer with the connectivity settings to pass through instead of Smart GPRS... haha kuripot ko talaga.

Hence it should work even with the Globe GPRS Internet connection as long as you get Internet connectivity.

It's kinda fun browsing with the Tanager for free, but after a while, why will you browse the web when you have a PC in front of you. :)

But this is very useful for Action Backup and Update. I've tried Backing up and restoring, after a hard reset, using their service. Besides losing some very minor settings like profiles and locale.. everything went smoothly..

Guest ppcsurfr

True, but the question is what are the things which are not optimized for Globe's network?

Using Action Update via Pass-Through is something else but I still wonder how it performs with Globe's GPRS network.

Guest grifter

guys, correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't it void the warranty if you openline the SAP?

Also, my ROM version is 1.3.6.7. Can they upgrade this at wireless center?

thanks.