SMART Amazing Phone ROM updates

Guest jbyte

Guest mlkanapi

Hi to all!

I am looking forward to the availability of the ROM update for my SAP. I have a very early version having purchased the SAP last March 7 at the Podium.

Keep us updated. :)

Guest grifter

yahoo!!! i hope that's true. *fingers crossed* the only problem is that it's a known fact that when MSFT releases a patch/update, it eliminates 10 bugs and introduces 20 new bugs! hehehehe... :)

Guest jbyte

Are you certain about that, grifter? :shock:

Can you list down those bugs that you've encountered after the update? We would appreciate it very much if you can share it to us. :)

Guest grifter

i'm not talking about SP2K2 updates per se. I'm talking about MSFT updates in general. :)

MSFT is well known for service packs and hotfixes galore. hehe...

Guest vctor

actually i got the phone thru addict plan...:) anyway mukhang mabagal lang ang pag flash ng menu sa kin...many times it hangs when viewing it pero when i installed speedmenu i think ok na sya ngayon...but some of the features wala pang laman or not working...like the movies thing...ilang tries na ko pero walang reply sa kin....i get the nba scores na lang

Guest fpj71

Hi,

The SMART website is www.smart.com.ph

The Addict mobile page is www.addictmobile.com

I find it easier to navigate the smart web page if you use the site map

has some basic info and tips for the Tanager there

Hope it helps

Guest ppcsurfr
thnx....hmmmm can u tell me where are the downloads in the smart site? What i see is only packages n stuff

What donwloads are you talking about?

What do you expect them to put in the downloads section?

If you are talking about tones, skins and such... I don't think they'll even place them on the Web... Most likely, they will have it downloadable over the air...

Next if you are looking for Software for the Smart Amazing Phone, don't expeect them to have it in the site either... well not a lot unless they have a contract with the developers or vendors. SMART is a telecommunications company not a software company nor a software vendor. The only thing we can expect from them again is something that they are involved in... like ROM updates.

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

Mabuhay

Guest Gecko

I went through all 3 pages of posts on this topic. Is it me or has the question (Where can we get the ROM update) never been answered? Thanks

Guest mlkanapi

Hi bensy,

Have you tried the upgrade? All I got was a zip fie SAP_137 about 4.63 kb that WinZip is unable to open and if you try to install it directly into the SAP it does not work. :!:

Maybe the correct program has to be posted.

They're probably still working on it.

Regards

mlkanapi

Guest yoos

Is it possible to upgrade my regular SPV from the UK with this update from SMART? If so, does anyone think this is desirable? Not sure what the differences would be...

Guest dinoalbert

I was able to download the file but it indeed doesnt work....corrupted file, I guess

somebody should get Smart's attention regarding that upgrade software on their site?

Guest grifter

the file that you got is probably a blank zip file. this usually occurs when you are using download accelerator, gozilla, etc.

Guest bensy

I tried to open the file SAP_137.zip with notepad and found out that it actually says that the file is not found! I guess we'll have to wait for a few more days before smart can upload the real SAP_137.zip file