• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Use your Tanager as a VIdeoPhone... well almost...

6 posts in this topic

Posted

COMMUNICATION: Microsoft Portrait 2.1 with Smartphone support released

Posted by Arne Hess @ 15 May 2003 at 08:54 under News.

Jiang Li, the brain behind Microsoft Research's Portrait for PC, Handheld PC and Pocket PC just informed me, that version 2.1 (see my review of version 2.0 here) was released with Smartphone support now as well as an video codec API for developers:

Read more about it at PPCW.Net.

Now all that is needed is a way to rotate the camera so that the camera and screen face you. :)

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President

Posted

Nice info you have there, Carl. :) But the camera is indeed the major problem. If there's only an adaptor that can be attached to the phone that can be rotated at 360°. :? Well, that is possible! Isn't it?

Posted

a smple solution is to use a mirror. it may just be one impt accesory for SAP. if there is no mirror available, then use a picture of tom cruise.

Posted

a smple solution is to use a mirror. it may just be one impt accesory for SAP.

Use the mirror? Well, very good suggestion for the time being. :lol:

> if there is no mirror available, then use a picture of tom cruise. :) :( :D

Posted

Hahaha... funny... really funny.

Anyway, I don't think it is going to be that difficult to create an adaptor cable for it... the port of the Tanager is actually a standard port used even by some other mobile phone/electronic device...

The only thing that has to be done is to create an extension cable with a similar socket on the other end...

Then you have yourself a videophone... :-)

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President

Posted

Carlo, I've installed this app already but haven't gotten around to testing it through yet. Have you? Now, calls are placed by entering the IP address of the person you wish to call (by default). I've browsed through the readme file and found out that certain mobile carriers can support video calls. Just two questions:

1. Can Portrait be used for calls made to regular cellphone numbers and not just via IP addresses?

2. Can Smart/Globe handle this service?