Screensavers - New Screensaver 21/05/03 See 1st Post

Guest Croccy22

Guest Croccy22

Ok, I couldn't be bothered to do a new thread for each screensaver that I do, So I though maybe have this as a central thread for any screensaver that people write or find that work with pocket candy.

The first obvious ones are:

Matrix Screensaver - by motbe

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...t=61641&start=0

Aquarium Screensaver

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...t=62461&start=0

Windows Smartphone Screensaver - See attached

8) NEW 8)

Unoffical Modaco Plus Screensaver!!!!

See screenshot and program attached to this message.

This one also requires the gd201.dll file to be placed in the pocketcandy screensaver folder (If it already isn't). If you havn't got this then download the aquarium screensaver.

NB To use these as actual screensavers you need to download PocketCandy for smartphone which can be downloaded from here:

http://www16.brinkster.com/motbe/ce/beta.asp

Excellent work motbe for writing this application!!!! Well done!! :)

Windows.jpg

Windows.zip

ModacoPlus.zip

Screenshot.jpg

Guest smartman

anybody been able to get this pocketcandy app working cause if I change the app to run at starup ie. load at startup yes/no I tried yes and restarted my spv when it rebooted I check the app settings and it reset to no to prompt 'load at startup' what if anything am I doing wrong, how does this app work, what are the correct settings etc...can anyone assist please. :cry:

Guest Croccy22

Download ti from the above link. And when it asks where you want to install it. Choose to install it to your phone, not the strorage card.

You will then be able to run the app and choose the screensaver you want from the top menu.

Matt

Guest capt_janeway

Whoohooo another first for Modaco - well done guys!!

I have actually got it running from my storage card - just amended the registry and it's great!!

:) :(

Guest capt_janeway

BTW A Star Trek one would be great Croccy to go with my theme, Smartface caller ID and tunes!!! :!: :oops: :!:

Guest smartman

cheers croccy didnt realise it had to be installed to phone, although gonna eat-up some memory on phone installation gonna have to be choosy which screensavers to install or bang goes microsoft links and other mem intensive apps.. thanks again m8 8) any thought on time delays for settings ie. whats best? just a thought but can the screensavers be put on the storage card then shortcuts added to pocketcandys screensavers folder...

Guest Croccy22

If you download the registry editor for the smartphone you can change the path it looks for the screensavers so you can them put them on your storage card.

I have got my screensaver set to 5 minutes at the moment. That way it doesn't keep popping up when you stop for a minute to think about something!

Matt

Guest smartman

sorry croccy u were ahead of me edited my post when u suggested registry.. about the settings what is battery delay, battery disable and what should they be set at.

Guest drblow

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!

Goddamn bandwidth exceeded on the motbe link!! :?

After all this excitement, & now I can't have a go!! :x

Whats EST from the UK - 1 hour forward??

Guest motbe

Hey, the site's hosted for free. If I sold the software, I could pay for a good host, but for now, free's the word...

And it should be back up at midnight, EST, which is GMT -5. So by 5:00am GMT, it should be back up.

Guest madu

Run .SCR files from Explorer!!

Goto Regedit:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

Menu>New Key>

Name: .scr

Open this key.

Create a new String (REG_SZ) value>

Value Name: Default

Value Data: exefile

VOILA!

Enjoy!

madu

PS: You even get to see the icon of the file!

Guest madu
My explore does that by it's self!!! Icon and all.... Weird!

strange.. mine does only if file is named xxxx.exe otherwise it is unknown format for the phone... maybe the .cab installer of pocket candy had somethiing to do with it, coz I never used it in a cab...

Hehe, that modaco screensavers great! nice and colourful - simple. I think id like it a bit faster though and perhaps a background tune?

Would it be possible to have the backlight set on a timer with this program, so it stays on for the animation and as soon as the animations played once, it dims it again.