Screensavers - New Screensaver 21/05/03 See 1st Post

Guest Croccy22

Guest motbe
strange.. mine does only if file is named xxxx.exe otherwise it is unknown format for the phone... maybe the .cab installer of pocket candy had somethiing to do with it, coz I never used it in a cab...

Yes, the PocketCandy cab file adds registry entries similar to what's listed in your earlier post, that way SCR files can execute just like EXE's do. I think I just mirrored what's found on Windows 2000/XP, and the way it sets up SCR's on there.

Guest motbe

Does the Flash 5 or 6 control run on the SmartPhone? (I know they recently released an ARM only version of it for PocketPC 2002). If so, then I've got a tool that can be used to make screensavers out of flash... :)

Guest Rusty

It possible to do a screensaver with the time showing in it?? i like the screensavers while my batt is charging, but i miss being able to glance at the clock :)

Guest drblow

Look - sorry if I'm repeating things, but these screensaver threads are all over the place!! :?

I used the latest cab file install from motbe's site - do I need to regedit anything?? Can I install new screensavers on the storage card & if so, do I need to regedit as in madu's post above??

EDIT - Oh yeah, & has the backlight thing been sorted yet, or is it still work in progress??

Guest madu

Here, try reading original threads and searching helps too... :)

And no need to double-post, give ppl some time to reply!

Here:

You can place the screensavers in any location you like, but you'll need let PocketCandy know what directory they're in so it can find them. To do that you can make a change to the Registry:

Key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareStrickland ConsultingPocketCandy

Value:

Screen Saver Dir

If you've run the configuration app already, you'll find that that value's already filled with the "windows" directory. But you can change it to anything you like.

Guest checkyoulater

a quick question...frrom an idiot like me....(i just can't seem to get the damn thing to work...) do i need the pocket candy program to be stored on the phone? cause i stored both the screensaver and the pocketcandy program in my storage card & changed the registry settings like what was posted above, but i can't seem to get it to work...help

Guest checkyoulater

um.....forget the last post...i figured it out....i had to change the registrty settigs for that daemon (<--am i spelling this right?) thing as well...not just the directory of the screensaver....now the entire thing's running from my storage card?!....Ah...the simple joys of being an idiot?!!!!

thanks anyways to those who might have replied

• 1 month later...
Guest Croccy22

Once I have finsihed smartanoid, I might knock up a couple more to test out some game theories.

Will keep everyone informed.

Croccy22

• 3 weeks later...

The site has changed of the pocket candy.

And now my question what must i download??

there are three versions, i download them but my phone won't install pocket candy.

maybe some of you who got the original version of pocket candy, send it to me by mail plz or add me @ msn.

[email protected]

Thnx

Grtz Zafi

Hi !

I can't install PocketCandy in my smartphone. I have the erroe MSG "impossible to install pocket candy in your phone". I use QTECK ROOM and it'isnt lock !

Someone have an idea to install it ?

Thanks

Guest MoRFLeZ

I use the Qtek update .. and it installs fine on mine.

Check IPSM // Windows // AppMgr // Install (with Smart Explorer ... wont show via ActiveSync) .. if there are any files in the Install folder, then delete them.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest LandyAndy

Hi,

Have just tried to load PocketCandy to my MPx200 and the phone tells me that it can't install the CAB file ? What am i doing wrong or doesn't it run on this platform ?

Cheers,

Andy

Guest lawsonium

chinta:

You can unlock your phone OTA from Orange, there are tons of threads on this. However, you might be lucky and be able to run the .scr files without installing PocketCandy. I was able to on my MPx200, just run them from your phone, I put them on my SD card and created links to them. I have installed PocketCandy now though which makes things easier.

Landy Andy:

Have you unlocked your phone yet? You won't be able to install unsigned apps such as Pocket Candy without an unlock (appologies if you already know this) there is a 10 page thread:

here

which shows you how to do it and a very cool guy 'Alphaflux' has provided some .cab files and an app for you to download. I suggest you read the WHOLE thread to page ten before you start downloading anything as you only need to download some of the files availible in the thread.

The files are:

Unlock (App Only).CAB

Unlock3.exe

Alphaflux Lock.CAB

The last file there is used to re-lock the phone incse you need to, some people in the thread needed to during testing of the unlock, but I only installed the final version and haven't needed to re-lock my phone so far.

Everything will become clear in the thread.

• 3 weeks later...

if I turn on/of alarm from home screen with alam plugins then pocketcandy don't activate screen saver.I have to turn off/on phone before it's work again any other with same problem?

any solution ??

• 2 months later...
Guest cougal96

croccy - I wos just wondering how would i create a screensaver for my phone myself? could i use an ordinary screensaver creation package with my pc and set the dimensions to smartphone compatibility or is it a bit more complex than that???

Guest cougal96
croccy - I wos just wondering how would i create a screensaver for my phone myself? could i use an ordinary screensaver creation package with my pc and set the dimensions to smartphone compatibility or is it a bit more complex than that???

??? any1 else ??? :roll:

• 2 weeks later...

Just read all :shock: the post about screensavers in different places and pocketCandy works great :)

Is there any screensavers showing the time? Cant seem to find any..

TKJ

Guest Disco Stu
Just read all :shock:  the post about screensavers in different places and pocketCandy works great  :)  

Is there any screensavers showing the time? Cant seem to find any..

TKJ

You can buy Dockware, which is a screensaver app. with customisable clock & calender plus you can add in your own scrolling backgrounds.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...Search=Dockware

I could sell you my personal Drew Barrymore collection to go with it :wink: