Talking keypad

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

nope, the sound that it refers to is default.wav in the windows dir, i thought it was SystemDefault, but it doesnt wanna change, tried a blank wav, but still the same sound.

the borg wavs are coming along quite nicely, well, as good as i can get to a borg like sound anyway

any suggestions for commands?

for example, i have menu command ('selected' in the fembot theme) as 'acknowledged' in the borg theme

i was thinking of 'assimilating' for the 'dialing' wav

and 'assimilation denied' for the 'error could not connect your call' wav

obviously 0-9 and hash/asterisk will remain the same

Guest midnight

erm, just in case anyone wants to remove a sound from anywhere, i was actually using it to test that SystemDefault ping tone, but thought i may aswell include it in the zip

Guest Richie M
'confirmation.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemQuestion

Just to point out this should be 'confirm.wav' :)

FYI if enter an incorrect sound path, as above, when you use that sound it appears the Reg entry gets over written with the original value, clever eh?

Guest capt_janeway

I think this may be above my level of technical knowledge.....however, how do you edit the registry as per instructions on page 1

:roll: :roll: - Sorry!!

Guest capt_janeway

K - Done that - Thanks Casper.

However when I change the wav for asterisk for example it also changes the hash wav to asterisk?

I am a real dumbo?

Guest midnight

ooh, thats a new one hehe

hmm, should i write complete instructions, the exact wavs for the registry keys etc.? i could include the instructions in the zip files

altho, captain janeway would wanna avoid the borg at all costs :)

Guest Syvwlch

Well... Exact instuctions will save you answering questions from struggling users ;)

Anychance you could knock together a ringtone to go with each voice-set? That would seem almost indispensible to me... :)

Guest capt_janeway

Done it!!!

Wasn't clicking the Action key before pressing Values!

WOW!! The Borg on my 'phone - any offers to do me a decent Star Trek home screen along the lings of technika or something similar. :) ;)

Guest midnight

hmmm, guess i'd better do ringtones, voices and homescreens eh? :wink:

i'm sure i could knock something up (gimme a bit of time, doing work stuff at the mo, but i'll try and find time over the next day or three)

how about a trek-console type of thing

Guest coolcatshaft

Midnight, if you were a limited company, i'd be buying your shares!

i have a feeling this will be the next big thing.

i read a very early review of the SPV (ages before it came out) and the review talked about downloadable 'system soundpacks'. claiming that the microsoft rep who was demonstrating the phone had a Star Trek soundpack installed.

However this never made it to the production version, just like the voicedial that was present on review prototypes!

Midnight, you have probably started the next craze in the smartphone community! keep the 'soundpacks' coming in! well done mate!

Guest midnight

new tweak for you all, you can change the startup sound of the phone (yes, i know it doesnt actually have any by default, but heres how you do it.....

The wav files MUST be on the phone not the SD/MMC card, presumably cos windows plays the sound before it has had chance to initialise the port.

so, copy your wav file to the phone not the SD/MMC card, for this example i'll use the wav file from the male borg voice theme 'alert.wav' ('Resistance is Futile')

I copied it to the location IPSMWindows

now change the registry.....

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/ControlPanel/Sounds/SystemStart > Sound

and the value will be IPSMWindowsalert.wav

and thats it, your custom startup sound, using the windows xp startup sound can be quite amusing aswell

not sussed out the shutdown sound just yet, but gimme time

Guest ricmoo2003

My keypad tones have stopped working the registry says it's allright and the sounds for menu work ok just not the 1 - 9....

1 minute they worked then they stopped?

Any ideas

Richard

Guest midnight

ahhh, i think i know what that is, if you go into your sound settings to change the ringtone, then the keypad sounds revert back to none, it also resets the warning sounds.

simply go back ointo your sound settings turn the keypad sounds back to tone, you'll also need to remove that annoying click sound again in the registry, and if you set any warning sounds these will have to be put in again.

the way around this i found was that any sound changes you need to make, do it all from the registry.

there is a hack i've used that disables the sound menu in settings, i dont recommend it to anyone else tho :wink:

Guest midnight

the next soundpack will be a silly one, dunno why, but i'm in that kinda mood, how about a different animal for each keypad tone (cow, cat, sheep, turkey, dog etc.), dunno if anyone will use it, but i just think it would be highly amusing.

oh, and i'm working on my own webpage, starting it now, with any luck, first version up tonight, easier for people to keep track of the latest soundpacks etc., also, i think i'm running out of space on here, 10mb limit i think

Guest Syvwlch

Oh, BTW... careful with the system sounds volume setting in the headset profile ;)

Blew out both eardrums first time I dialed a number with the headset on : it was set to Loud. :)