• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

new ROM installs Action Lock on your phone! (stealthy!)

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you know that together with Action Update and Action Backup, the new ROM also installs a program called "Action Lock"?

But to use Action Lock (i.e. if you lose your phone), you need to have run Action Backup at least once...

Here's what the vendor's website (Action Engine) says about it:

Action Lock is a security utility that is used to quickly backup data and disable a lost or stolen smart device, upon direction by the owner, using a wireless connection. A remote administrator can send a wireless "lock" command to the smart device, rendering the device useless. Action Lock enables a remote administrator to perform specific tasks:

- Erase files and data stored in RAM

- Disable the user interface and perform a data backup(using Action Backup).

- Wirelessly provision new software (using Action Update).

- Perform a combination of the above tasks.

Action Lock enables a remote administrator to erase the user's data from the device with the option of first performing a backup. While these actions are taking place on the device, the device's user interface is disabled and no visible notifications are used indicate that these actions are occurring. For the backup option to work, the user must already have a valid backup account (see Action Backup for more details) and have at least backed up once before.

from

Action Lock 8) website

Posted

Cool huh

Mabuhay ~ Carlo (ppcsurfr)

President

Posted

thats pretty funky... but does globe support that feature? :)

Posted

Hi mapaman,

In case of theft of your SAP, is it as simple as requesting Smart to activate this feature? Can it be undone? I wonder... 8)

mlkanapi

Posted

I ran ActionBackup after I upgraded my ROM but I still don't have the ActionLock app. How do I get it?

Posted

I ran ActionBackup after I upgraded my ROM but I still don't have the ActionLock app. How do I get it?

you won't see it in "Programs". that's why it's called a STEALTH application. you need something like Smart Explorer or Task Manager to see it; shows up as "AELock" on the process listing.

i hope someone from SMART is monitoring this. i'd really like to know if we can activate this. that way, i can put a sticker on my phone that says...

"This phone will self-destruct if not returned in 24 hours!"

:)