Signal Meter Sticks after using GPRS-FIXED IN V1.5

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

I've noticed numerous times on both my phones, (Tanager and SPV) that my signal was showing something I knew couldn't be true (for example full signal when it should only show 1 bar and vice versa)!

I also realised that I have to make or receive a voice call, and it springs in to life again! but I couldn't understand what made it get stuck, as sometimes it happened a lot, and other times it was fine?

However, today I've sussed out, that it seems to happen after using GPRS, the signal meter remains "stuck" on however many bars it showed when I was using GPRS! and to clear the meter so it functions again, I have to just ring out a couple of times (I ring a second line at home that has no phone plugged in to it).

I know it sounds mad, but I've checked it out and it's true (in my case) This could also explain things lile "jlowap" suddenly having full signal in his house, when it's usually rubbish?

EDIT - THIS HAS BEEN FIXED IN UPDATE 1.5 :lol:

Guest mike-oh

I find in general the refresh rate of the signal indicator is crap full stop.

Incidentally i find i have full signal when i switch on which diminishes to about half after a few hours, all the while it's been sat in its cradle!

Guest Simon Desser

Just tried it with my mate's SPV. Went in a part of the building where you can only get 2 bars max, conected with GPRS, and then disconnected. Then went to a part of the building where you always get 4 bars, my phone immediately displayed 4 bars, his was stuck on 2, left his there for 15 minutes, still stuck on 2 bars. Rang out on it, and it immediately within a couple of seconds, it jumped up to 4 bars :shock:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Simon Desser
good news, thanks simon

To be honest, once I sussed out what made it happen, I quite liked it. You could wind up your "N*kia mates" showing them you've got "full signal", when theirs is struggling to hold on to one 8)