Drop your phone? Check that the SD card is still there...

Guest revolution.cx

Guest revolution.cx

Dropped my phone when I was on vacation in Vancouver. Not a terrible drop but the battery did pop off.

At the end of the day I noticed the SD card was missing. When I inserted another SD card, sure enough the spring load was still engaged (the mechanism 'thought' the card was still there).

So it would appear that the card flew out when I dropped it and I didn't notice.

Good thing there was nothing sensitive on the card.

Guest revolution.cx
But you still lost an Sd card ??...

Yep, 256 mb long gone.

Just got a new one (256mb) from Dell for $50 so it wasn't too painful.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I've found theres a "sweet spot" on the SPV, if you give the battery the slightest of knocks at that point the battery pops out like its spring loaded.

Guest cthulhu

Wise words by revolution.cx - I've suffered an ejected SD...dropped the phone on the road getting out of the car, and the SD card sprung out and ended up about 2 foot away. Lucky I saw it go or I'd have been right out of pocket!

Guest Brody

I've dropped my SPV many a time but luckily so far the battery has stayed put as has the SD card and it hasn't broken either!! :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest @ngel

I keep having this problem with my SL45i!

It has been droped many times and everytime, the MMC is being ejected...

Luckily I haven't lost it yet...

Guest DamianJauregui

When I was in a band we used to have the same problem with guitar leads. We found that you could 'gaffa tape' them in place. Same as with the old Sony walkman battery cover.

Yet another useful piece of information. :lol:

• 3 months later...
Guest m1.carson

Lost SD card, luckily got mine back next day, dropped it on a carpet in the local hostelry, used tape but have just found that an old mag stripe swipe card which is 0.9mm thick,cut to 15mm wideX 8mm deep with a small tag so you can pull it out with needle nosed pliers or tweesers when you need to, jams in UNDER the left hand side of the card a treat and seems pretty tight. [thats the left hand side looking at the card with the keyboard up]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest spacecowboy6982
I keep having this problem with my SL45i!

It has been droped many times and everytime, the MMC is being ejected...

Luckily I haven't lost it yet...

I went through three (yes thats three :x ) MMC cards for that particular phone ! Its not the safest of housing is it :roll:

So far my SPV's been alright. Has anyone noticed the rubberised holder on the Mpx200. Its just an extra barrier incase of any mishaps.

mov700_00.jpg