2.5 mm in-ear headphones available??

Guest eminenz

Guest eminenz

hi all, I have my spv loaded with mp3's and need to get proper in-ear style stereo headphones.... thing is, I wanted them to be with a 2.5 mm plug!! searched everywhere I could for hours... couldnt find any. Any ideas?

I just dont want to get a standard 3.5 mm and then having to get an adaptor.

help me out guys, I'm in London

Cheers

Fernando :roll:

Guest FrankyG

Think you'll really srtuggle getting what you want, I did. I opted for the adapter Here. I can recommend the product, it's not as unobtrusive as I would like, but it's OK to be honest. More Headset info found on this site.

HTH

FrankyG

Guest idavid

i found that using those little felt thingies (like what you get with some in ear phones over the original pair helps alot. you can pick them up at any electrical store. it makes the originals far more comfy.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Keep posted there is a nice alternative solution coming soon :D

I will hopefully be able to give more details in the next few days.

(my few days not Oranges few days :lol: )

Guest Gorskar

I hope its soon. I managed to lose my original headphones, but I've been putting of getting some kind of replacement becuase I think £10 is too much to pay for a little adaptor wire, and theres no way I'm paying £15 to get another one of the original rubbishy ones.

Guest Yassa

I made me own one and an adaptor 8) . You can get the 2.5mm jack from RS catalogues, search for product number: 3299944 at www.rswww.com. The home made version is great although no volume as that requires the proper connector :? With the adaptor I can use the phone to play MP3s through a cassette adaptor in my car :D and it even acts as a loudspeaker :lol:

Cheers

Yassa

Edit- Bad (long) url removed --Mono

Guest awarner [MVP]
Awarner, so what happened to your 'few days' solution? :lol:

Err I only posted this today :? give me time, I'm awaiting delivery on a nice bit of kit that I have been asked to test. When I am happy with it I will give as much detail as possible in an unbiased review.

That's all I'm saying at the moment :D

Guest madu

OH SHooT!! My appologies Awarner! I am tired. I somehow saw 24th Nov as a post date for that one... Doh - that's when you joined.... [ashamed, climbs under table] :lol:

Edited- Will [madu, language!] :oops:

Guest eminenz

ok guys, discovered something...

Awarner? have a look at this when getting this new earphone for review! maybe you can compare whats coming with these etymotic stuff i have discovered: http://www.pjbox.co.uk/Etymotic/etymoticindex.htm

They have been reviewed by experts and seem to be the real deal for audiophiles. They have a 3.5 mms stereo jack though...

sorry guys.... I am no audiophile but really want to get real quality sound out of the SPV.

Cheers

Fernando

Guest awarner [MVP]
Awarner? have a look at this when getting this new earphone for review! maybe you can compare whats coming with these etymotic stuff i have discovered: http://www.pjbox.co.uk/Etymotic/etymoticindex.htm

They are nice but well out of my price range :D still want one though.

Some people crave for quality as long as their hearing is spot on :lol:.

Guest siu99spj

I don't have ANYTHING that would get full use out of those things! All the music I listen to is MP3 (Even though I have most on CD as well!) and on the SPV, my 256MB card has several lower bit-rate songs. I couldn't spend more than twice the cost of my SPV on a pair of headphones sorry!

TO be honest, my headphones for my PC have an incredible response range (Don't have the specs but the bass starts doing funny things to my ears!:lol:), the speakers are good enough for me (Logitech Z-640's) and the SPV headphones are just about wearable, if necessary, after using the old earplug felt! The only annoying feature about is where to keep the headphones when not in use. If I use a pocket, when I come to remove use it again I have to spend about 15mins untangling the mess its got into.

But as I said, I rarely use the SPV for music or use headphones to listen to it, though that is slowly changing now that I have tried it once or twice.

Guest awarner [MVP]
The only annoying feature about is where to keep the headphones when not in use. If I use a pocket, when I come to remove use it again I have to spend about 15mins untangling the mess its got into.

:lol: Testing now.

Guest HelloDave

There's no way I'd spend £129 on a set of earphones for my SPV! The sound hardware in it isn't great anyway, so better earphones can only help so much :lol:

I chopped the earpieces of my original SPV headset and soldered some Sony ones on instead, and that works well enough for me :D

Guest Gorskar

I managed to lose my original headphones somewhere (I dont know how - I also lost the camera - damn I'm clumsy)

At the moment my stopgap solution is a 79p 2.5mm to 3.5mm stereo converter that I got from the Maplin's about 10mins walk north of me.

Combined with some headphones that came with my olde minidisc player = music, although with the converter plug it sticks out a long way from the side of the phone.

I would still be interested in something a bit nicer though...

Guest Simon Desser

I bought a "similar" adapter from this company a couple of years ago for my Siemens SL45, and it worked a treat :lol:

Come on Ashley, should I order one :?: :wink: