a lead on how to unlock SPV

Guest cizake

If you follow steps to perform a hard reset.

- Remove the battery and wait 5 seconds. Replace the battery

- Press and Hold voice recorder button (below the power button on the left-hand side)

- Power-on the device

- The device will enter a special power-up mode

- "Card found" will be displayed on the screen

- Shortly after you will receive two options: "Press any key to enter boot loader" and "Press action button to enter diag mod"

- Press and hold the Action button

- After a few seconds a menu will be displayed with several options.

4 more options appear:

0. Save All

2. Save CE

4. Save GSM

6. Save IPSM

8. Erase IPSM

- Go to next page and you will find a new menu :

On this menu you have a simlock option.

I did not succeed to read or change this option.

Maybe it is a lead for unlocking your SPV.

Cizake

Guest rcraswell

I don't know what happens if you try this option on a SIM-locked phone but, if you try it on an unlocked phone, when you reboot you'll get a screen that tells you to enter the SIM unlock code. The code that works is "12345678". I have no real information as to what this is for or why that code works.

--ron

I guess you all imagined it wouldn't, but I tried 12345678 on a locked phone, if doesn't not work.

Be careful tough, each time you enter a wrong unlock code, it will double the amount of time you have to wait before entering another unlock code (starts at 30s I think, I'm already at 240s after a few attempts).

well I can't "see" the simlock.exe file from windows. It appears only with All-Explorer.

But if you can fin a way around that, I'll take it!

ps: I bought my SPV at full price, but Orange hasn't been able (yet) to give the unlock code. They were supposed to give it to me in less than 8 days, it's just been 8 days.

If I get the unlock code, I will post it along with my IMEI code so maybe someone can find if there is a link between the two codes (though with only one pair of codes, reverse engeneering might be tough)

BTW.. is it dangerous to post the IMEI code? Can someone do something with it? It is written on the phone box, so it doesn't look like a confidential information.

Guest rcraswell

Yes, my phone is both SIM unlocked and has an open security policy.

It came from Orange SIM unlocked (I'm in Redmond, WA so I'm using T-Mobile as a carrier.) Because of this, I don't know anything about unlocking a locked phone.

The open security policy is another thing entirely... :twisted:

--ron

Guest florin_m

can u save for us ur firmware on a mmc or sd card? and let's try to see what happent.

Please contact me to let u know how to do it.

Best regards,

Florin

Guest rcraswell

I can't actually.

I work for a company that has software on the SPV. We're also involved in helping Orange set up a program to allow developers to unlock their phones for dev / test work. (Which is why my phone is open.) Things are coming together on that front, but it's not quite ready to be formally announced.

Guest florin_m

:(

So the part of the flash were is stored the imei and unlock code and other sensitive info are not writed on the smart card when u do u dump all :evil:

Now i'm take doing the hard way with the phone :D

:shock: if (more like WHEN) someone manages to crack the certification, is that likely to affect whether the phone can get the updated software via "orange update"??

If so, is any potential freeware worth forfeiting your right to bugfixes? (or will some dude manage to get round that one too? :twisted: )

see i thought about this but then what about developer phones surely they allow unsigned programs to run and if orange update didnt work surely itd cripple them too!

I have just called Orange in France. They are not ready to give sim code even to developers under strict nda.

So we have to do it the hard way.

Anyway if I have something new I will keep you informed.

Cizake

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY SPV IS NOW UNLOCKED....

I called their customer service and talked to a guy. I told him I had my NOKIA (YES) for over 6 months (which is true) and wanted to unlock the damn phone.

He asked for the IMEI - I gave him the IMEI of my SPV and he gave me the unlock code right away.

It was so simple I cannot believe IT!!

IT WORKS!!!!

Cizake :D :( :( :P

Guest rcraswell

No, this will have only unlocked the SIMLock on your phone. There isn't any code Orange Support can give you that will remove/modify the signing requirements in the OS.

--ron

Florin

If you modify the Flash and write it back to the phone with the wrong CRC, does it kill the phone?

If it does, can the phone be recovered by changing the code back and doing it again or is it back to Orange?

Cheers

Steddy

Am I the only one that has three menu screens on my phone rather than two?

The middle one has the following options:

0. SAVE OEM

1. LOAD OEM

2. SAVE SFON

3. LOAD SFON

4. SAVE LANG

5. LOAD LANG

6. SAVE OPER

7. LOAD OPER

Its possible one of these will save out the OEM too. SFON is short for SmartFon.

If you boot the phone with the SAVE ALL backup on it, then press the power button when it asks if you want to download it, you can then go to page two and save all this information to the memory card. If you press a different key than ACTION at the time you are prompted to format the card, it adds these into the backup set.

Viewing the memory card in WinHex shows a directory listing at Sector 1 (offset 0x200) with these filenames present. It also contains the lengths and offsets into the data.