• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Answerphone messages not indicated on phone.

10 posts in this topic

Posted

After a friend telling me he had left me a message, but there was no indication on my phone (ie the little tape sign did not appear) I checked and found that I had received 3 new answerphone messages over the last 5 days - none of which had been indicated by the phone.

Posted

VoiceMail icons are sent as SMS messages - maybe you are on SMS lockup.

Can you receive SMS OK?

P

Posted

i sent a few sms from o2.co.uk but never received them, what was that SMSlockup?????//

Posted

Can you actually send yourself a text message?

If THAT doesn't arrive, try doing a 'Cancell Divert All Calls'...

Programs -> Settings -> Telephony -> Call Forwarding -> Unconditional -> Cancel

P

Posted

Did that. It works. I received my own msg. But still it won't work from web. Even MSN mobile website will not send me the message when registering. Don't knw what it could be..

Posted

I just checked my answer phone for the first time and I had four new messages waiting for me that I knew nothing about. I think the voice mail notification thingy is definitely a bug. BTW I can receive SMS, MMS and emails no problem.

Posted

I am having the same problem. I don’t get a tape sign for VM but am receiving all other sms and mms messages fine with no problems. It does seem that there is a bug and the phone does not notify you of VM messages as expressed by other on the forums.

Posted

AFAIK, this isn't a bug specific to the SPV. This problem is a network notification problem, which should be solved by querying the HLR (i.e. cancel all diverts), if this doesnt work, call 150, and ask them to reset your voicemail icon, and then all should be well.

Posted

I had the same problem last week. Someone sent me a text to say that they had left me a voicemail. I was puzzled as there was no message waiting indicator. When I checked the voicemail I discovered 21 messages in my inbox that I had received over the last week a bit.

This was very embarrasing for me, as some of these people had assumed that I was ignoring them! I have been with Orange for 8 years, owning two Nokias in that time (an original Nokia Orange and then a 6150e) and have never had this problem. I don't see therefore how it can be a network problem - it must be a bug with the phone.

Then this morning I received a voicemail at 6am which I listened to at 6.05am. Since then, despite calling the answerphone a couple of times and trying the cancel all diverts trick, the message waiting indicator is still there.

Posted

It's really not a bug with the SPV, it IS a network issue. Call Orange 150 (as detailed above, and that will sort it.

Ben