Registry Tweaks

Guest midnight

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Sorry Nixy, didnt see you post. You can export key's but as yet there is no way to reimport them. You can reimport the entire registry (i think), it's a bit of an arse for just one or two keys though...

Guest mvsmith07

This StartMRU tweak took a little bit of getting right in the registry, but I now have the list of links I want to be displayed on restart. However, the icons seem to have a little trouble being displayed. Sometimes they are, but it takes a couple of seconds. Sometimes they don't get displayed at all and all you see is a white sheet with a blue bar at the top as the icon. It is still possible to select the link and the correct program runs. I have settings as one of the links and the icon for this ALWAYS displays correctly. Anyone got any ideas.

Guest mvsmith07
Ever wanted to change the default icons of the MRU? (the icons displaying Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, Internet Explorer etc)

This StartMRU tweak took a little bit of getting right in the registry, but I now have the list of links I want to be displayed on restart. However, the icons seem to have a little trouble being displayed. Sometimes they are, but it takes a couple of seconds. Sometimes they don't get displayed at all and all you see is a white sheet with a blue bar at the top as the icon. It is still possible to select the link and the correct program runs. I have settings as one of the links and the icon for this ALWAYS displays correctly. Anyone got any ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sinister

Hi Guys,

I tried the following;

sound= 'Storage CardSystemSoundsms.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SMS

sound= 'Storage CardSystemSoundmail.wav'

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/E-Mail

But no sound when a message arrives.

I noticed in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Notifications/Sounds/

there's a key "Wave" pointing to Alarm1

Could this have somthing to do with it ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi, i installed the kidz skin, its very nice, then i felt like a change so i installed a different skin. The home screen is fine, bit programme menu screens are still in the kidz theme of brown. How do i get them back to the way they were?

Thanks

TAGS

www.phm.lu

I have tried to get into that site and all pages come up blank. Am I the only one with that problem?

Can someone post where else I can get this?

Guest mzh-arizona

I posted this in the plugin section, too, but thought it also belonged here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was having some real difficulties getting the MRU plugin provided by AT&T for the MPx200 to show icons/shortcuts that I was interested in.

I tried to re-code as shown in the plugins section and I also tried the registry tweak listed above but I was never able to get it to work. I searched the registry and found an alternate location which seems to have the desired effect:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAT&TPluginFavorites

[Value]: Order

As with anything, proceed at your own risk.

As shown in the registry tweak above (I think it's on page 1), edit it to your desired shortcuts.

It has been working fine for me for the past day, and I've rebooted and sync'ed a few times just to check it.

Hope that helps.

Ron.

Guest mzh-arizona

I posted this in the plugin section, too, but thought it also belonged here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was having some real difficulties getting the MRU plugin provided by AT&T for the MPx200 to show icons/shortcuts that I was interested in.

I tried to re-code as shown in the plugins section and I also tried the registry tweak listed above but I was never able to get it to work. I searched the registry and found an alternate location which seems to have the desired effect:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREAT&TPluginFavorites

[Value]: Order

As with anything, proceed at your own risk.

As shown in the registry tweak above (I think it's on page 1), edit it to your desired shortcuts.

It has been working fine for me for the past day, and I've rebooted and sync'ed a few times just to check it.

Hope that helps.

Ron.

Guest shrubby

I have tried reordering the start menu by changing the registry, I have double checked everything all is as it says above, but all mine does is sort it into alphabetical order!!

Any Ideas??

Shrubby.

Mine didn't used to co-operate, not until I'd done a hard reset and started all over again armed with more knowledge than when I opened the box. It's a pain hard-resetting though. Make sure you haven't got any spaces, that you've spelt .lnk correctly etc. but I'm sure you've checked that....

Guest new_user_smartphone

Hello,

I've downloaded and installed the Reg editor and do get the error message you mentioned, I've seen the answer to download the "cab" file but cannot find this file anywhere.

Can anyone help a poor newbie out with this info I need?

Thanks

David

Guest technogeek
I have tried reordering the start menu by changing the registry, I have double checked everything all is as it says above, but all mine does is sort it into alphabetical order!!

Any Ideas??

Shrubby.

Try this get around. I grouped my programs into 3 categories according to importance. All programs in the first category, I added two spaces before the name. On the second category, I added one space, and I left the third category as is. If you do this you will notice that the more important programs (with two spaces) will all go in front.

Within a category, they will still be alphabetical. So you may have to rename your programs so they get into a different order.

In my phone, the menu order is 1-Messages 2-Settings 3-Calendar 4- File Explorer 5-Internet Explorer 6-Messenger 7-Quit Non-Sys Apps 8-Reboot, etc.

Hi there my friends.

Is there any tweak that may correct the SMS notification .

As experienced I noticed that after i received the 1st SMS message w/ SMS notification (sound), when i choose not to read them , I would not receive any notification for the succeeding SMS messages...is this evident in all smartphones?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest johncody

Hey Guys,

Instead of using PHM's registry editor on the phone, you can install the Embedded Tools 3.0 toolkit (download is free) and it comes with a "Remote Registry Editor" utility that is much easier to use because it runs on your desktop PC and works through activesync to make the changes in the phone.

Just an alternative suggestion.

-John Cody

Guest HardCharger

Hello everyone.

These are mighty interesting stuff here. :lol:

Is there a way I can also display the date on my Home Screen preferrably beside the time?

I'm using the basic layout option on my SPV100 now because the full layout, for some reason, does not display the 24 hr. time format even if I set it as such in the settings menu. :?

Is there also a way to add a character counter in the SMS display so I will at least know when I will be sending out more that one message? :wink:

Thanks in advance an hope to hear from you soon.

Guest mvsmith07
Is there a way I can also display the date on my home screen preferrably beside the time?
Try the attached home screen layout - credit to the original author of the homescreen and not me. Alternatively, if you would be comfortable working with XML you might like to try and design and program your own homescreen.

EDIT: OK so I can't seem to add attachments for one reason or another. Go to http://www.coolsmartphone.com/homepage-xml/ ,right-click RM_Full_Date.home.xml and save it to your PC. Connect to your phone, transfer the XML file to IPSMApplication DataHome, then change your homescreen making the background image DEFAULT.

Is there also a way to add a character counter in the SMS display so I will at least know when I will be sending out more that one message?

This is a bug in SM2002. The workaround is to type something into the CC field and then delete it and the counter comes back again.

Hope these help.

Hardcharger - I use a basic skin for dark backgrounds which I love as I can stick any dark background behind it, it's by Celsol and otherwise downloadable from coolsmartphone.com

Hey Guys,

Instead of using PHM's registry editor on the phone, you can install the Embedded Tools 3.0 toolkit (download is free) and it comes with a "Remote Registry Editor" utility that is much easier to use because it runs on your desktop PC and works through activesync to make the changes in the phone.

Just an alternative suggestion.

-John Cody

The name they have on the website is eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0 - 2002 Edition. Is this the correct file? It is a pretty big(205 MB).

Thanks